DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
Got a patch but nothing on what it was
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The Remove trap Timer is on TC for T hunting.  Go test!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I don't think so I am not a fan of remove trap, I do not think it is necessary for t hunters, and I will not do any maps that require it

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Question, what part of UO do you think remove trap is part of then?
    edited May 2019
    Does it matter now?  It is fine where it is on all prodo shards.  I hope to God this does not go live to those shards and that they pull their heads out of the sand and look around, people ask for an upgrade on the loot not a total revamp of the t hunter jobs.  I was happy before Pub 22 came I had to retire that hunter, no way can I retire this one but at least I can use her on the lower level maps if it goes lives
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    @Drakelord I think you're going to be sorely disappointed then, but per the current patch notes:

"Magic Untrap will no longer work on Treasure Chests, Magic Unlock will work as it is currently implemented on TC1."

Meaning, from my understanding, Magic Untrap will no longer work on any level map. Remove Trap will be a requirement at some level for all maps.
    Faeryl said:
    @ Drakelord I think you're going to be sorely disappointed then, but per the current patch notes:

"Magic Untrap will no longer work on Treasure Chests, Magic Unlock will work as it is currently implemented on TC1."

Meaning, from my understanding, Magic Untrap will no longer work on any level map. Remove Trap will be a requirement at some level for all maps.
    Yep I got that part already, remove trap on the level 4 & 5 on TC, magic unlock levels 1-3 on TC, till it goes live I will do my maps as I done before then when they throw this trash at us I will adjust, by not doing any maps that require remove trap
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    @Drakelord That's the thing... I just tested a level 2 map on TC... ALL level maps require remove trap now.
  • TyrtleTyrtle Posts: 15
    He's mixing up magic untrap with magic unlock
    I mean, I guess it can be done with 0 actual skill invested, but it's a right pain. I got attacked by 9 chest guardians at 0 skill, as opposed to 1 at GM. Both on level 2 maps.
    So what are some of the new T-Hunter builds going to look like?  I know a lot of tamers do T-Maps and people having more than one account.  When you do RT or LP does it reveal you?
    Drakelord said:
    Does it matter now?
    Yes it does matter, people asked for loot upgrades and making some of the unused skills more relevant so they decided to do both.  Is it good or bad, who knows but guess what it has been so long since the DEVs actually listened to us like they are doing on this publish.  State your case as to why without going atomic on them.
    edited May 2019
    Bilbo said:
    So what are some of the new T-Hunter builds going to look like?  I know a lot of tamers do T-Maps and people having more than one account.  When you do RT or LP does it reveal you?
    I'm still running roughly the same tamer template I did before. I used mining previously, so it wasn't much of a leap for me to switch to remove trap.

I haven't really tested either lockpicking or remove trap with hiding. I do however know that you can precast spells while attempting to remove the trap, so that's good enough for me.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2019

The 16 tile radius even on level 1 and 2 maps is a pain. I am now forced to add remove trap when I am doing those maps.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Faeryl said:
    I mean, I guess it can be done with 0 actual skill invested, but it's a right pain. I got attacked by 9 chest guardians at 0 skill, as opposed to 1 at GM. Both on level 2 maps.
    Is your character human, elf or gargoyle?  In other words did you really have 0 skill, or did you have JoaT?  I think it's something we need to consider, can those who are adamant they don't want the skill manage with JoaT instead?
    edited May 2019
    Bilbo said:
    No.
    I just dug a hoard map in Fel - I ran far more than 16 tiles when defeating the guardians - that restriction only applies to removing the trap
    I cast invis before I removed the trap and stayed hidden (GM RT)
    The chest contains 18 magic items, including 2 x major arti and 1 x legendary, a bag of 22 - 24 each gems and 50,140 gold, 1 alacrity, 1 Sot (.8), one power scroll (110) and a trove map.
    Happy, happy, joy, joy!
    (430 luck)

Ilsh hoard map, 2 alacrity, 2 sots (0.2) 53+k gold. Ancient guardians do reveal, but if you've a summons cast to distract it you can get invis without getting too far away. 

btw, Petal is re-stocked if anyone wants orange petals (Minoc moongate, say petal)
    Faeryl said:
    @ Drakelord That's the thing... I just tested a level 2 map on TC... ALL level maps require remove trap now.
    remove trap on the level 4 & 5 on TC, magic unlock levels 1-3 on TC
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I think you are wrong on that.  I believe it is Lockpick 4-5, magic unlock on 1-3.

And all of them reqwuire RT.  As I read it anyway, havent made it to test yet myself

edited May 2019
    Faeryl said:
    Is your character human, elf or gargoyle?  In other words did you really have 0 skill, or did you have JoaT?  I think it's something we need to consider, can those who are adamant they don't want the skill manage with JoaT instead?
    Hrm. Yes,. Most of my characters are elves, so I never think of JOAT, but she is in fact human, so has the innate 20. Thanks for reminding me!
    edited May 2019
    @Drakelord Did you miss where I said I tested it on TC...? Remove Trap is required to be used on all levels of chests. Whether you want to train it for efficiency or just deal with the extra time and ancient guardians is up to you. But the fact is that it's a requirement that you need to at least use it to open the chest.

What you're thinking is like Uriah said. Magic Unlock for 1-3, lockpick 4-5.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2019
    With GM remove trap, it seems that you get no ancient chest guardians, at least on stash and supply chests.   At 86 on a supply chest, I got one ancient chest guardian, ran too far away and had my tamer character kill it, then had to start over again with RT and got no ancient chest guardians on the next try.  At 50 remove trap skill, you seem to get about 5 guardians.  At 0 (or 20 with human JOAT level skill), you get quite a few.  I gave up finally after two character deaths and a pet llama death and reset the skill to GM to get the chest done, so I'm not really sure how many you will get at that level.  I couldn't keep up with healing, casting EVs, invising, and trying not to get too far away from the chest.  The guardians all cause a lot of fire damage to all party members when they spawn, even if you're not on top of the chest.  I doubt you could keep a character hidden/invisible for long and if you run away too far, you don't get a message that you've gone too far.  You just go back to the chest and find out that you can't open it and removing the trap might help.
    edited May 2019
    @Margrette I did get 1 ancient guardian on a supply chest at GM last night. I only did two after I got home from my class because I had to get up early. One at 0 (20 JoaT) skill and one at GM.

I died on the 0 skill one, but only because I didn't know what to expect (and the patch unchecked my "run mouse in a separate thread" option, so it jacked up my targetting). Once I fixed that, I didn't die on the second attempt at the 0 skill. I was able to precast just quick enough to hide after the guardian spawned, and they spawned just slow enough for my pet to keep on top of it.
    Before you started to remove the trap, did you have your own guardians standing by? I used a summoned reaper, a mage might use earth elementals.  I found they gave me enough time to invis while still not to far from the chest.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Faeryl said:
    This is a good thing that the "investment" of Remove Trap points on a Template is awarded with the spawn of much "less" Guardians ....

It makes sense, considering that, by having 100.0 points invested into Remove Trap, one can have "less" points for doing the actual fighting....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    TimSt said:

The 16 tile radius even on level 1 and 2 maps is a pain. I am now forced to add remove trap when I am doing those maps.

Indeed, the 16 tiles limit is what worries me the most about the new changes.... I like to have lot of "room" when having to fight the spawn and, sometimes, to also be able to run off screen and tackle the Guardians one at a time....

I worry much that with this limit, now, it might no longer be possible to go off screen which might complicate the fights for quite a number of Treasure Hunters....
    popps said:
    TimSt said:

Indeed, the 16 tiles limit is what worries me the most about the new changes.... I like to have lot of "room" when having to fight the spawn and, sometimes, to also be able to run off screen and tackle the Guardians one at a time....

I worry much that with this limit, now, it might no longer be possible to go off screen which might complicate the fights for quite a number of Treasure Hunters....
    The ancient guardians only spawn one at a time... the guardians that spawn with the chest you kill before you attempt to remove trap. I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. And a 16 tile radius is fairly large.
    @popps
    The Remove Trap loop for Treasure Chests has been redesigned as follows,
    • When a player tries to open a chest that is trapped, they will receive a message to use the Remove Trap skill.
    • The disarming process will begin when a player uses Remove Trap on the chest.  
    • During the disarming process Ancient Chest Guardians, chosen from the monsters that can spawn during the initial dig, will spawn to defend the chest.  These monsters will not drop any loot.
    • These monsters must be defeated before the chest can be opened.
    • The length of this process is variable based on the player’s Remove Trap skill, with higher Remove Trap skill requiring less disarming time.
    • If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2019
    First I will apologize, seems remove trap is needed on TC for even the lowest levels maps.  When I saw that I threw the map down and recalled to brit and log out.  If this is a future requirement on prodo shards then I will hang up my t hunter spurs and remove her from THB.  I will not do any maps that require remove trap!  And if it is on all maps then that is it for this chapter of mine UO life.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    @Drakelord

You can disarm ALL of the chests with ZERO remove trap skill.

It just takes longer without skill, resulting in more guardian spawn. Instead of focusing solely on the existence of the skill you do not like, see if you can adapt and learn how to kill the additional spawn. If you have trouble with the spawn, then you can provide constructive feedback.