Afk Macroers in Chesapeake and how i make a report?

For days these three characters are afk macroing in makoto-jima in the chesapeak shard. I ldon't know how to denounce then so i come here as a last hope to lern how to make a denounce. Here are the pictures. I put the boxes in the picture to interrupt the macro.

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    They have been on Chesapeake for years macroing, myself and others have made numerous reports and they are still there.  There is also one that uses Umbra mint.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I am not advocating AFK Macroing but how do you know that they are in fact AFK?  If a GM asks them a question and they responded then they are ok as far as Mesanna is concerned.  Nobody is required to answer another player.
  • KeldKeld Posts: 19
    Bilbo said:
    I am not advocating AFK Macroing but how do you know that they are in fact AFK?  If a GM asks them a question and they responded then they are ok as far as Mesanna is concerned.  Nobody is required to answer another player.
    let's say I used logic. If I put three boxes stopping the macro and after a while the player was not removing the boxes to continue the macro this is a strong clue that he is afk. Removing the boxes and seeing that the macro continues and putting the boxes back and seeing that the macro stop and the player also does nothing is another logical clue to macro afk.
  • KeldKeld Posts: 19
    Violet said:
    They have been on Chesapeake for years macroing, myself and others have made numerous reports and they are still there.  There is also one that uses Umbra mint.
    This is very sad :( 
  • Violet beat me to it.....when she says years...she means years!  like I think around atleast 5 years now......best way to report a scripter on uo…..write it on a scrap of paper, roll that paper up, toss it in the trash...you know just to get it out of your system....because no one that's running this game gives a crap 
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    What are they actually doing and how is it harming anyone if they are present or afk?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2019
    I have one thing to say I also saw these three there and spoke to the two nearest the bank I was shocked when they reply and carry on a conversation, I was ready to send a message in about them but did not after my little chat, I have no clue as to what they were doing only that they were present (the two there) and both chatted with me at the same time with hi and hello and we doing great having fun etc.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Not to say afk macroing doesn't happen on Siege, it certainly does. However our big advantage is the ability to kill them...la
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Not to say afk macroing doesn't happen on Siege, it certainly does. However our big advantage is the ability to kill them...la
    so very true

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    What I think is remarkable is that they have been doing the same thing for 5 YEARS, you would think by now they would have learned whatever they need to learn and moved on.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Maybe all their charecters have the same name and they like training them at the same spot for some reason, like maybe gains are better there? I have no idea as I play on Great Lakes mostly.
    If that is the case @Arron then everybody should be tickled that the person doing this has so many accounts there by paying subs and keeping UO afloat with cash.  With no pets there what could these chars be training that really hurts anybody in anyway.  They are not Camming because who gives a rats butt who is at the bank, they are not scripting spawn, they are not scripting IDOCs.  What skills are they training or are they just standing there AFK doing nothing.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i would venture to guess from the pictures that IF the are scripting anything it would be mining or lumberjacking....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited May 2019
    The answer to the OP's initial question in the thread

Afk Macroers in Chesapeake and how i make a report?

Is don't bother.

We have been reporting, paging and complaining about a scripter in our dark guardian room for well over a year and nothing happens.  I think nearly EVERYONE on our shard has sent in at least a half dozen reports each and  they go into the 'devs don't care' basket without so much as being read.  All the rubbish in the newsletter about stuff they have stopped, is just that, rubbish.  No names listed there then it didn't happen as far as I am concerned. When this dude is blatantly using a script that interfers with the data stream and he is allowed to operate day in day out and absolutely nothing is done it proves this as fact.

We even live stream this dude so the devs can actually watch, yet again they don't do anything.  The dude has some kinda 'bell' for when gm speaks, the fact it takes him well over ten mins to answer the gm makes no difference. I think they (the gms') would stand there for a hour asking the dude to speak until such time as he does, so they can then say 'oh' he is attended, have a nice day and leave. 

Stick a chest in front of him tho and you will watch him try and go through it for an hour or as long as it takes the chest to decay as the dude isn't actually there to pick up an empty chest.

As for what this one is doing, go check your dark guardian room in doom, ours was using those bins to dump his tmaps in for cleaning points, of which he 'sells' the items he picks on atlantic for gold.  Ours after a bit of harassment has move to the bin at wbb but still operates every single day.

So the answer as I started this post is 'don't bother'.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    But there are these number in the newsletter... This must be fake news  :D

Or maybe the numbers in the newsletter are only EJ accounts and paid accounts are free to do whatever they want...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Which newsletter? I signed up for the newsletter but have not seen any as yet.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    They put some random numbers in those newsletters about who and what got banned. What they are worth we can see while playing the game or in threads like this :) But some people buy into it so it serves its purpose to some degree.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This kind of groundless speculation is not at all helpful.
    The answer to the question asked is found here:

Q. How do I report another player for a violation?

A. Violation reports should be submitted under either the VERBAL HARASSMENT or PHYSICAL HARASSMENT categories. When you use these categories, you are given several options to select a target. 1) “Target Involved Players” provides a target cursor which allows you to select the player or players involved by simply clicking on them.
    2) “Type Names of Involved Players” will you to type in the character name(s), please make sure you are correctly spelling the name of player you wish to report. This will work even if the player is in another area, or has logged out.
    3) “Select Names of Involved Players” allows you to pick a name from a list of the characters nearby.
    4) “Type Player ID’s of Involved Players” will allow you to include the unique player ID number which displays next to their character name in chat channels. This will work even if the player is in another area, or has logged out.

This discussion has been closed.