Things EJ people can use and not use (from TC testing)

VioletViolet Posts: 368
edited March 2018 in Test Center
Can:
Stewards (can get items from)
Davies Lockers
BBQ Smoker
Smithing Press
Alchemy Station
Sewing Machine
Spinning Lathe
Writing Desk
Pickpocket Dip
Crystal & Corrupt (cannot open the instructions though)

Cannot:
Moonstone Crystal
Jawbone
Seedbox
(Cat) Blessed Statue
Fountain of Life

There is a house north of Luna Stables on TC that has various add ons for EJ testing.

Not allowing them to use the moonstone crystal and jawbone seems to be very limiting imo.

All testing was on Classic Client.
Tagged:

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    So they are allowing them to use vet rewards like the portals and crafting stations even though EJ accounts can't get vet rewards, but not allowing them to use things you can get through normal gameplay like the jawbone and moonstone crystal. Hmmmmm interesting logic. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited March 2018
    Cannot Use: 

House Bulletin Boards. (cannot even read them)
    Player written books (locked down, not in a container)

@Kyronix ;

Is there a way to allow them to at least read these?  They can convey a lot of important info and are rather important for being to access.  
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-99/

Endless Journey Resctrictions

Preliminary Endless Journey restrictions have been added to TC1.  Use the gates at the Britain Commons to toggle EJ restrictions on and off.  Restrictions must be reactivated each time a character logs in.  All restrictions are in active development and subject to change.

Veteran

Endless Journey

Features

Access RequirementsMonthly SubscriptionNew accounts or 120 days after a veteran account becomes inactive. No subscription required.
    Skill Cap700 + 20 based on months active700 + 20 based on months active
    Ultima StoreYesYes
    Veteran RewardsCan claim rewards in game and gain new rewardsCannot claim rewards in game or gain new rewards
    Use Veteran Reward ItemsYesYes
    Holiday GiftsYesNo

Housing

PlacementYesNo
    Co-Owner or Traded/FriendYesCannot co-own or be traded a house. Can be friend to house only for wall safe security.
    AccessNormalPublic Houses Only
    Place VendorsYesNo
    Rental VendorsYesNo
    Wall SafeYesYes
    Lockdown/Secure ContainersYesNo
    Access MailboxesYesNo
    Interact with Player VendorsYesYes
    Drop logs/ingots (and other stackable items) on a locked down pileYesNo
    Safe logout in housesYesInns & Taverns Only
    Auction Safe PlacementYesNo

Dungeons

Felucca Dungeons & Felucca T2AYesYes

Chat

General ChatYesYes
    HelpYesYes
    Global Direct MessagingYesYes

Character

Character Transfer TokensYes, with purchase of tokenYes, with purchase of token
    Character CreationAllAll shards except Siege Perilous & Mugen
    Character Copy & TC1 AccessYesNo

Expansions, Boosters, and Theme Packs

Up to Mondain’s LegacyYes, includedYes, included
    Stygian AbyssYes, includedYes, included (not active yet)
    High SeasIf purchasedIf purchased
    Gothic/RusticIf purchasedIf purchased
    King’s CollectionIf purchasedIf purchased
    Time of LegendsIf purchasedIf purchased

Miscellaneous

Bank BoxYesNo
    GuildsYesCannot create new guilds but can join existing ones
    Resource Harvesting RestrictionsNoneYes

-No 2x Felucca Bonus

-Only basic ore & wood

-No sand or stone

Vice vs VirtueYesCan participate in VvV but do not gain occupation points in active towns
    Do Repeatable QuestsYesYes
    Use the Bag of Sending & Chest of SendingYesNo
    Use the Bracelet of BindingYesYes
    Use Pet Summoning BallsYesYes
    Do Community CollectionsYesYes
    Use Commodity DeedsYesNo
    Use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power, Stat, and TranscendenceYesYes
    Protect or be Protected by Another Player via the Justice
    Virtue
    YesNo
    Use the Justice VirtueYesNo
    Gain Justice PointsYesNo
    Use Valor, Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Sacrifice,
    and Spirituality Virtues
    YesYes
    Receive Scrolls from Champ SpawnsYesNo
    Use Power ScrollsYesYes
    Receive Rewards, Monster Kill Points, or Virtue Points from
    Champ Spawns
    YesNo
    Receive Mondain’s Legacy Resource RewardsYesYes
    EM Event ItemsYesNo
    Attack EM Event CreaturesAllNone
    Board ShipsAllAll, High Seas ships if purchased
    City LoyaltyYesYes
    City Elections & GovernorshipsYesNo
    Treasures of Tokuno Style EventsYesYes
    Bulk Order DeedsYesYes, cannot bribe up
    Use Pack AnimalsYesYes
    Cleanup BritanniaYesYes
    Zoo DonationsYesYes
    Covetous Void PoolYesYes
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Bilbo said:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-99/

Endless Journey Resctrictions

Preliminary Endless Journey restrictions have been added to TC1.  Use the gates at the Britain Commons to toggle EJ restrictions on and off.  Restrictions must be reactivated each time a character logs in.  All restrictions are in active development and subject to change.

And none of what was in the Original Post was mentioned in those restrictions, hence the testing and discussion. Are these oversights by the Devs, or are they unlisted restrictions? A lot of what was in the OP seems very silly to not allow EJ players to use.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

@Bilbo

im well aware of the patch notes, and that was not the purpose of this post.  The purpose of this post is to actually do testing on test center, particularly items not necessarily specified in the patch notes that a ej player might encounter. to one, see if they are working as intended and two to comments on if it's a fair restriction or to see if there could be unintended consequences.  

Not everybody may be aware of everything, sorry.  So you have tested everything in the notes and they work as intended.
    Can Use:

House teleporter tiles to public houses
    Runebooks (locked down)

• Good they can use the house teleporters and crystal portals. I bet they can use jawbone and Eodon crystal after buying thoose upgrades.

• I wonder if there will be a tag so we can see who is EJ and whos paying. Its good to know for helpers what info to give . Its not always easy to get that info from the new player. If they dont understand why we ask ..very common here on Europa with many speaking poor English.. They might think it looks better to be a paying player. or simply say yes to everything , believe me. 

• also..does anyone know why EJ players cant form their own guilds? I think that could be alot of fun to go out with ppl that are in the same situation , adventuring and finding out things on their own instead of  being told everything by veterans. Like we did in the old days. 
      I dont think its only on my shard that its very difficult to find a guild to join.  A guild of veteran players mainly hunt bosses that takes key hunting and access quests allthe time . After a while of spending lots of time showing new members rooms, exodus keys. zippy and ant queen etc etc you get exhausted. Esp if the new members quit playing the week after as they really just was checking in.. I have a feeling guilds wont or cant swallow many new members at one time.  So I wonder what am I missing? there must be some thought. 
  • MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    The primary concern for large veteran guilds is griefers. People who join to PK, scam, or steal. Currently, they have to sub an account to rejoin once banned/booted due to the way we handle these issues. With EJ, they'll have an endless supply of cannon fodder accounts. That means that larger guilds who do work to protect their members in Trammel ruleset will either have to do a lot of work, or simply disallow EJ members.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    There should definitely be a way to recognize ej characters...
    Good they can use the house teleporters and crystal portals. I bet they can use jawbone and Eodon crystal after buying thoose upgrades.

The account I was testing EJ on had all upgrades.

The fact they cannot seem to access any locked down books (including crystal/corrupted portal instructions) and bulletin boards still greatly concerns me though.  
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if there will be a tag so we can see who is EJ and whos paying. Its good to know for helpers what info to give . Its not always easy to get that info from the new player. If they dont understand why we ask ..very common here on Europa with many speaking poor English.. They might think it looks better to be a paying player. or simply say yes to everything , believe me. 

Eye said:
    There should definitely be a way to recognize ej characters...
    Sorry but there should not be a way because as you all well know it will just lead to griefing by some players. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Can buy from Magincia stalls - which gives them a beetle to sit on?
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    First, thank you for this thread. I keep meaning to get back to TC1 and help with testing (I have a lot of ideas!) but something always seems to come up. I think the issue with books, moonstone, bulletin board might be oversights, or something that can be allowed later on.

However... something I would like to address because I can already see it rearing its head...

I think it would be nice to easily ID a new/EJ player, and thus be able to offer more accurate help. However, sadly, there is a significant percentage of players who believe ''free to play'' members are free-loading scum with their hand held out with a sneer of entitlement, and that they contribute nothing of use. (I.E. all F2P are poor and therefor worthless.) This is an elitist and incredibly biased attitude that is right up there with racism imo. I speak from personal experience playing several subscription/F2P hybrid games. The most foul, vocal of F2P folks are what give such a bad rap to all the enjoyable F2P.

So no... I vote they should not be instantly identified in some way and thus scorned. I am sure there will be EJ-only guilds (they just need a friend to form guild for them and promote them to leader. In other MMOs, this is actually an in-game way to make gold selling guild-creation services), and I am sure there will be subscriber-only guilds. Both will offer some sort of justification for the segregation. Some reasons might even have a foundation in truth. I'd rather not pin purple triangles on people's sleeves, however.

The guilds who fear griefers need to have a vetting process - effective for subscribers and EJ. Refusing a player simply because of their ''status'' because they might be a problem just feels... well. Read above. An unhappy guildmate turning rogue has always been a possibility - scammers and cheaters have always existed. I get it that with F2P they can easily make more attempts, but this does not seem to justify guild rules such as 'subscriber-only'. People just need to always take certain precautions - even with guildmates.

Of course, it is only my opinion.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Tanager said:
    (...)
    Of course, it is only my opinion.
    Opinion, that, FWIW, personally I subscribe in toto.
    I.
  • Ive been running a New Player House for 14 years or so, On Europa. I talk to the new players and try to find out if they played before, if they played free shard or not at all. I go from there when I explain things. Some players are not even sure what they are .. Mainly due to language difficulties. It will be even harder now with paying returning players paying totally new ones, EJ returners and EJ new ones. That is why I hope for some way to find out what to tell them.  Also im not certain if i shall go on giving free starter kits to EJ ppl. It might be a huge task and I suspect some ppl just look in for some days and leave. I use to give trial accounts a kit and its alot of work even now.  The EJ players are supposed to pay for something are they not? The starter kit is more than sufficient . While a new player that just payed for account time might find it a bit much to pay for a starter kit atonce? 
     Also whats the point with not being able to make their own guilds? It must have some reason I cant see. As someone said its just to let a friend start the guild and turn it ower to an EJ player.. Why even have that restriction there if its so simple?

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    UO is a very complex MMO and it is NOT user friendly. Sosaria is not for everyone; we're more of  an indy, niche game at this point. And that is okay - we don't need to be huge like WoW to thrive in our little corner of the MMO industry. So, imo, it is more productive to focus on teaching them how to meet their most basic needs rather than keep them supplied and try to make the game as easy as possible so they want to stay.

It is really not THAT hard to earn 20k or so to buy a basic LRC suit, for example. They might have to use regs to start out, but imo that is a good skill to know and almost certainly the best way to learn their own class rather than just spamming spells or abilities while wearing good gear so they never learn the art of how to avoid being mauled by a lizardman. The problem is that many shards have such low population that these low-end things are just not in demand, and thus are rarely on a vendor. In my opinion, making simple suits and other basic supplies and putting them for sale on your own vendors at a fair price (but not so cheap that other players will just buy and resell) is the best option.

Focus your time and energy instead on teaching them how to earn their place in Sosaria. This way you do not need to worry about if a player is a subscribers or EJ, or exhaust yourself keeping a supply of gear on hand to pass out for free. Just help as many as you can :)
  • Sorry for repeating myself ..I thought atleast I was in another thread  :p. UO and the new players are so important to me for the future of us all and I find this forum so peaceful and constructive , so many ppl concerned and making great posts its a joy to read and take part!
     Ps: need a like button! ;)