New Tmap proposals

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    @Kyronix, some of the weapons that spawned in Barbarian chests haven't showed up in this second round of testing: clubs, gargish maul, diamond mace, crescent blade.

Also, the female plate, female elven plate, small platemail jingasa, that were in Barbarian chests in round 1 haven't showed up in round 2.

The cloth hats that were in Artisan chests in round 1 seem to have vanished in round 2.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    What did you do before Miasma made it so 'easy'?

So don't 'farm' maps, just collect them as you get them hunting. Most of my Ter Mur maps have come from Stygian Abyss when I was working mini champs for essence.

Hag's quest gives all the levels except Trove.  
    My fisherman gets maps when I'm fishing for mibs. I used to just ditch them, but now they'll have things in that I want.
    Two of the maps I've dug the last couple of days came off the guardians I was killing on the map, not to mention maps in the chests. 
    Try hunting paragon chests in Ilsh, all levels?
    "My fisherman gets maps when I'm fishing for mibs. I used to just ditch them, but now they'll have things in that I want."

How do you know, if I may ask, considering that, to my understanding, the "current" changes ONLY applay to "Land" Treasure Maps and Chests....

What the plan is for MiBS and Sea Maps I think (at least that I know of...), was not announced....

Is that so @Kyronix ; , or did you already give an idea of what the changes to MiBS will be ?

Thanks !!

edited May 2019
    I just realized that, with the "reduction" of items numbers in Treasure Chests, we will be getting a LOT LESS imbuing Resources from unravelling....

As of now, with the high number of items in Treasure Chests, while not good in quality, they do provide a great source of imbuing resources from unravelling....

With the changes and the drastic reduction of the number of items in Treasure Chests, NO LONGER players will be able to use Treasure Chests as a source for their imbuing needs by unravelling the items contained within them....

In order to compensate this drastic reduction, @Kyronix ; , are you going to "increase" the quantities in Artisans' Chests for the crafting resources that will be found there ?

Thanks for the answer !!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited May 2019
    I had intended to do a comparison of high end chests (existing ingenious tmaps v new horde/trove chests)   as I am not interested in killing mongbats and lichs etc on the lower level ones.  If careful I can solo all levels.

Firstly on the 10 existing ingenious, I did 4 in tram, 5 in fel and 1 in malas.  I included all loot I took from spawn and the chest.  I did not take any armor or weapon items from the spawn just any resources,  gold/gems/regs.

From the chests I took ALL arti level loot (minor, lesser, greater, major, legendary)  I always take it all for unraveling if nothing else.

In the case of these 10 test chests I did NOT loot any of the magic items (minor, lesser, greater, major) accept for 3 bits for my new player vendor.  The rest I left in the chest. NORMALLY I would fill my beetle to max for unraveling on these items so generally would fit in about 70% of them. But due to time constraints didn't bother. 

This is the result of 10 Ingenious chest/spawn loot.

These were my 'keeper' items, some for me, some for vendors. See list below

These were the aritifact level items, completed maps and refinements for unravel/clean up points.

The rng was actually hating on me today as I would normally get at least 3 forged pardons, at least 2 runed sash of wardings, more alacrities and treats than what I got, I also got no mibs where I would generally get at least one out of ten chests, but this is how it rolled for these ten.

This is the full list of
    TOTAL of KEPT items (10 chests) and spawn loot

407815 Gold
    1 Ingenious Map
    6 essence achievement
    6 essence control
    18 essence of precision
    6 essence of singularity
    6 essence of persistence
    6 essence of order
    12 essence of feeling
    1529 Barbed leather
    374 Leather
    42 silver scale
    203 red scale
    69 gold scale
    95 black scale
    55 green scale
    2 mana Orbs
    1 alacrity
    5 x .5 scrolls transcendence
    10 mini paragon artis
    51 amber
    39 citrine
    33 star sapphire
    28 tourmaline
    67 gems
    51 amethyst
    37 ruby
    14 diamond
    8 sapphire
    6 skeleton keys
    194 bloodmoss
    388 nightshade
    344 suplh ash
    87 spiders silk
    401 garlic
    351 black pearl
    299 mandrake root
    341 ginseng
    354 demon blood
    400 nox crystal
    253 gravedust
    280 batwing
    469 pig iron
    477 dragon blood
    2 creeping vines
    recipe - firey spellblade
    recipe - mischief maker
    recipe - ornate elven chest
    3 tasty treats
    38 items for trash barrel clean up points  (13,350 points)

ITEMS
    17 armor/weapon items in total kept for armor store, new player vendor
    (146 arifact level items (lesser/greater/major/legendary) taken from chests
    Of these I kept 14 and unraveled the rest for
    148 relic fragments and 88 enchanted essence
    Also kept 3 major magic items for new player vendor.)

There were 565 Magic items (minor, lesser, greater, major)
    of which I kept 3 for new player vendor.
    Normally would fill up beetle with max no of these could carry
    for unraveling but in the case of these 10 chests I just left them.
    as I currently do not have lockdowns for them.
    On average I would normally take nearly half of these before my beetle is full.

I have done 4 trove chest but it seems they are bugged or perhaps just seriously bad.  2 had absolutely NOTHING in them, 1 had stuff but couldn't pick it up.

So far even though i have killed all the spawn, de-trapped the chest with gm remove trap and completed the puzzles (all fails have said I breath a sigh of relief as the loot is unscathed) I have been unable to get loot to compare as 3/4 chests have had nothing able to be looted out of them.  The ONE chest i did get loot in had 68k gold, gems, 18 items none of which were keepers only 9 of which were arti level for unraveling and nothing else. 

The last one I did, I killed 2 frost dragons, a dragon wolf, a greater dragon, a poison ele.  I did this trap which required 31 MOVES, but if you count 'repeating' the path moves you already knew it would amount to well over 100 clicks.

So that is my 'testing' to date. Right now I think it is pointless to continue trying to compare the upper level chests, as it is taking a good while to solo this stuff to end up with NOTHING in the chest.  I have had 2 of the above puzzle and 2 of the cylinder ones like khaldun.  I can do these without making the same 'guess' twice, and so far they have proved to be nothing but a serious grind with remove trap at gm level. I am not prepared to test at lower level as I do not need to train it.

For the ONE trove chest that I actually got loot from it would certainly NOT be worth putting a party together for.  68k gold and a handful of gems would be a total waste of everyone's effort. Let alone standing around time while someone buggers with the puzzle.  HUGE waste of everyone's time.

Even though that had 17 other armor weapon items, none of which were any good, the fact that you aren't even guaranteed 6 essences, regs or anything else makes the whole exercise pretty pointless. As you can see above on the 'existing' ingenious chest, even without any new bewt items it is still a pretty rewarding activiity, even if you don't loot the stuff I do, most people will get something out of a chest.

I may do some lower level chests just to see what is in em but from all account so far there is little point, posting pics of the one item that I have seen posted without saying how many chests you had to do to get that ONE item is really not helpful. From what i have seen 80% of chests if your lucky to be able to loot them have just gold and gems and few items. 

I posted the full list of the exisitng ingenious loot chests to actually SHOW what it is I loot. So unless there is a serious upgrade I can't see how these new chests can possibly compete with what we get now.

The other thing I am unsure of is in those 4 trove chests I just did, the one with loot in was a gold color the other three with nothing in two and unable to loot the third were brown.

If the idea is to give lesser loot in the brown ones which you cant actually 'see' until you have got the map, decoded it, gone to the location, dug it up and dealt with the chest spawn before you 'see' the color (or just leave the spawn if you don't want to bother with a brown one' then getting together a party to get a crap brown chest is even MORE annoying.  If you have gone to that effort the chest should have AT LEAST the same stuff in we currently get on all chests now.  I have no idea why there is 3? levels of chest per color, that is gonna annoy the hell out of me going to that effort for a sub par chest.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited May 2019
    Kyronix said:
    JollyJade said:
    Kyronix said:
    What's your question?
    Is there anything planned to add where the 60% solo T-Hunters can reliably get now level 5 maps comparable to how most hunters currently farm Miasma for level 6 maps?
    You question is based on an incorrect assumption on loot tables that are no longer applicable.

This is why we changed the names of the maps with the reduction in numbers.  There are preconceived notions of what was in what level based on how things have been.  In order to fulfill the request of "getting rid of the junk" we had to reduce the levels.  This required us to redistribute the loot among those new levels and change the naming convention.  I understand change can sometimes be difficult to adapt to, and the new naming scheme will take some time but the request for improvement can not be paired with a demand for things to remain unchanged.

As far as which creatures drop which maps....

If a creature dropped a Lvl 1 it will continue to drop a Lvl 1.

If a creature dorpped a Lvl 2 or a Lvl 3 it will drop a Lvl 2.

If a creature dropped a Lvl 4 or Lvl 5 it will drop a Lvl 3.

If a creature dropped a Lvl 6 it will drop a Lvl 4.

If a creature dropped a Lvl 7 it will drop a Lvl 5.

This is in addition to Treasure maps themselves which will give a map +1 level over their current level and paragon mobs that include Putrefiers, Miasma, Rend, Pyre, Grim, Master Theophilus, and Abscess.

What is your expectation here?  How much time have you spent testing the changes on TC1?  Have you participated in the constructive feedback thread to give us actionable feedback we can go off, or are you simply interested in casting shade?  
    Dear @Kyronix , I would like a clarification to this line of yours :

"If a creature dropped a Lvl 7 it will drop a Lvl 5."

"" Level 7 Treasure Chests
    • These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs.  You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty ! This is not a solo encounter. ""
    (I added the bold to enhance the pertaining section....)

Can we therefore expect that Dread Pirates' Ships WILL carry the "new" Level 5 (Trove) Treasure Maps in their Hold ??

Can we Test this on the Test Server already (that is, to find Trove Maps in Dread Pirates Ships' Holds...) ?

Also, with the occasion, could you please kindly also check (and adjust) the drop rate in Dread Pirates Ships' Holds ?

As of now, there is players who reported having done MASSIVE Dread Pirates' Hunting and NEVER finding a Level 7 Treasure Map in their Hold....

Perhaps the Code needs to be looked at and the spawn rate for this Level Treasure Map in Dread Pirates Ships' Holds be increased ?

Thanks !
    Could anyone (better if @Kyronix , of course...) please explain to me the way that the Puzzles are meant to affect the loot quantity in the Chests ?

First and foremost, I am ALL FOR PUZZLES in Treasure Chests and I consider them a great addition for those more interested in Mind Games over fighting !!

Furthermore, it is my understanding that Horde (old Level 6) and Trove (old Level 7) Maps that will come with Puzzles to pry open them, will have the SAME chance at items' Quality as Cache Treasure Maps (old Levels 4-5), albeit in a lower quantity as the Horde/Trova Treasure Maps, and NOT come with the requirement of a Puzzle to pry open them.

So, players NOT wanting to do the Puzzles can do the Cache Maps and STILL enjoy the same quality of items as Horde and Trove Maps, is my understanding.

All of the above said, my Question is in regards "how" the solving of the Puzzle in Horde and Trove Maps will affect the number of items in them....

How MANY attempts at solving the Puzzle are we allowed BEFORE an item gets destroyed ?

And after the 1st item gets destroyed, how does it work then onwards ?

How many more "moves" towards solving the Puzzle do we get before another item gets destroyed ?

Furthermore, will the level of Remove Trap that one has INCREASE positively the number of attempts at solving the Puzzle before any item gets destroyed ?

How ? In what capacity ?

If one has 100.0 GM Remove Trap, "how many" attempts at solving the Puzzle one will get before any item will get destroyed ? And how many further attempts after the 1st item has been destroyed BEFORE a 2nd or 3rd etc. item gets destroyed ?

Thanks for the answers.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    popps said:

So don't 'farm' maps, just collect them as you get them hunting. Most of my Ter Mur maps have come from Stygian Abyss when I was working mini champs for essence.

My fisherman gets maps when I'm fishing for mibs. I used to just ditch them, but now they'll have things in that I want.
    Two of the maps I've dug the last couple of days came off the guardians I was killing on the map, not to mention maps in the chests. 
    @ Petra_Fyde
    "My fisherman gets maps when I'm fishing for mibs. I used to just ditch them, but now they'll have things in that I want."

How do you know, if I may ask, considering that, to my understanding, the "current" changes ONLY applay to "Land" Treasure Maps and Chests....

What the plan is for MiBS and Sea Maps I think (at least that I know of...), was not announced....

Is that so @ Kyronix  , or did you already give an idea of what the changes to MiBS will be ?

Thanks !!

OMFG What the hell is a SEA MAP?  What damn version of UO are you playing?  You do understand that you can get T_Maps off of sea monsters.  But that would mean that you even fish or play UO which I am starting to doubt very much.  Do you even think before engaging that mouth of yours.  Do you think Petra has some special crystal ball that she knows what the DEVs are going to do, you can read, well I am assuming you can read and understand what you read but most of the time that is debatable, everything that the DEVs post here just as well as everybody else.  I seriously get the impression that you want everybody to do all the leg work and just tell you what to do.  You know it almost feels like you are just gathering all the information you can to take to another version of UO so you can upgrade it.
    jelinidas said:
    Bilbo said:

And you need to read that it was stated that if you could solo a 7 then you will be able to solo the 5
    Yes, yes I can. With silly puzzles...

ONLY Horde and Trove Treasure Maps (old Levels 6 and 7) will come with the Puzzles, as I understand it.

Cache, Supply and Stash Treasure Maps will NOT come with the Puzzles.

Furthermore, Cache Maps (old Levels 4-5) will come, is my understanding, with the SAME Quality Loot (only less items in them) as the higher Horde or Trove Treasure Maps.

So, those wanting high end quality Loot BUT not liking the Puzzles can focus on Cache Maps without losing on Quality items....
    Bilbo said:
    popps said:

@ Petra_Fyde

Is that so @ Kyronix  , or did you already give an idea of what the changes to MiBS will be ?

Thanks !!

OMFG What the hell is a SEA MAP?  What damn version of UO are you playing?  You do understand that you can get T_Maps off of sea monsters.  But that would mean that you even fish or play UO which I am starting to doubt very much.  Do you even think before engaging that mouth of yours.  Do you think Petra has some special crystal ball that she knows what the DEVs are going to do, you can read, well I am assuming you can read and understand what you read but most of the time that is debatable, everything that the DEVs post here just as well as everybody else.  I seriously get the impression that you want everybody to do all the leg work and just tell you what to do.  You know it almost feels like you are just gathering all the information you can to take to another version of UO so you can upgrade it.
    I refer to a "SEA" Map as to a Map which is played at sea....

That is, MiBS.......

As in regards to what Petra said, she said "...now they'll have things in that I want." when referring to MiBS.

I understood that in the sense that she might know what these things that MiBS will have, after the changes.... otherwise, "how" could she know that she wants them ?

That is why I was asking "where" the changes to MiBS had been posted because the current content on Test Server, that I understand, only affects "LAND" Treasure Maps, not "SEA" Maps.....
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    OK well I just ran through 10 cache chests (level 5 types?)  I did two of each type, warrior, ranger, assassin, artisan and mage, didn't get a gold one at all and got all brown ones accept two iron ones. If this is supposed to be treasure mapping with sub-par chests it is working as intended. Sadly there is no way to tell what crap chest you are gonna get until you have gone through the process of getting it, decoding it, and digging it up.  Had I known prior to the effort wouldnt have bothered.  I got absolutely NO unique item from the 10 chests. 

For 10 chests I got:

360557 Gold
    188 amber
    192 amethyst
    175 citrine
    186 emerald
    200 diamond
    182 ruby
    184 sapphire
    204 star sapphire
    192 tourmaline
    6 empty bags

10 items for clean up points (2,500 Points) Basically the completed maps tossed in trash
    9 arti (lesser/greater/major)  items to unravel (no legendaries) nothing worth keeping
    44 magic items left in chests not taken as nothing worth taking.

The maps tossed away for 250 clean up points each.
    Didn't have a soulforge on test to unravel the whole 9 arti items. Less than what I get out of ONE ingenious map.

If you compare the loot I posted a couple of comments back on the 10 ingenious maps compared to this then you can understand exactly why this is a fail.

The ten maps gave zero challenge as far as spawn went. Zero loot to keep, it would have been quicker to just go to the jeweler and buy 300 of each gem and save yourself the effort.  The gold is ok however you get 30k a pop off an existing ingenious chest and much much better spawn gold off the spawn not to mention a ton more items and uniques.

Seriously bad loot and unless there is a dramatic change the end of tmapping for me.  The Trove chests I did were either seriously bad or bugged.  I guess have to wait and see.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Maybe I worded it wrongly?  I said that my fisherman gets maps from sea serpents when I'm fishing for mibs. Those MAPS are levels 1 and 2, which I didn't used to dig. Now I will be digging them because of the content listed in the publish notes.  Did you not know that sea serpents potential loot included treasure maps as well as mibs?
    There is no such thing as a sea map. 

The only, so far, known changes to mibs are some very nice additional pre-chest loot.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    popps said:

@ jelinidas

ONLY Horde and Trove Treasure Maps (old Levels 6 and 7) will come with the Puzzles, as I understand it.

Furthermore, Cache Maps (old Levels 4-5) will come, is my understanding, with the SAME Quality Loot (only less items in them) as the higher Horde or Trove Treasure Maps.

So, those wanting high end quality Loot BUT not liking the Puzzles can focus on Cache Maps without losing on Quality items....
    Ok Popps. Not sure how many more times or ways I can say this.

Its not always about the loot, but also the fight (challenge) that goes with it. If I want to kill low level spawn there are other places with greater rewards.

I don't like puzzles. I'm glad you do. There are lots of puzzles already in the game.
    I don't think puzzles belong in treasure chests. I'm glad you do. Agree to disagree.

They have a lot of time into these puzzles. They are probably not going to just scrap them. Someone came up with the idea of having the puzzle (training) box be removeable to take home, sell, give away, and when solved there would be something inside. A awesome idea. I gave credit to this person somewhere and frankly I am to lazy to go look.

Treasure chests have been hit with the nerf stick, bad. Less items with not much better quality. I currently only do lvl 6s and 7s (on prodo!), Much more trash points, plus the many, many goodies. Not gonna list them, we all know what they are. Now you get (on TC), a handful of items worth nada and maybe one goodie. Um, nerf.

Devs have said an announcement is due out today. Lets all wait and see! Perhaps it will shock us all and we can find something new to bit*h about. Maybe we will all be happy campers, who knows! This team has come up with some good content, I'm wiling to give them a chance.

Will I "quit", cancel my accounts if it does not go the way I would like. No. Will I continue to partake in treasure hunting If silly puzzles are forced on me. Probably not but there are lots of other things to do and explore.

jelinidas said:
    popps said:

@ jelinidas

Its not always about the loot, but also the fight (challenge) that goes with it. If I want to kill low level spawn there are other places with greater rewards.

I don't like puzzles. I'm glad you do. There are lots of puzzles already in the game.
    I don't think puzzles belong in treasure chests. I'm glad you do. Agree to disagree.

They have a lot of time into these puzzles. They are probably not going to just scrap them. Someone came up with the idea of having the puzzle (training) box be removeable to take home, sell, give away, and when solved there would be something inside. A awesome idea. I gave credit to this person somewhere and frankly I am to lazy to go look.

Treasure chests have been hit with the nerf stick, bad. Less items with not much better quality. I currently only do lvl 6s and 7s (on prodo!), Much more trash points, plus the many, many goodies. Not gonna list them, we all know what they are. Now you get (on TC), a handful of items worth nada and maybe one goodie. Um, nerf.

Devs have said an announcement is due out today. Lets all wait and see! Perhaps it will shock us all and we can find something new to bit*h about. Maybe we will all be happy campers, who knows! This team has come up with some good content, I'm wiling to give them a chance.

Will I "quit", cancel my accounts if it does not go the way I would like. No. Will I continue to partake in treasure hunting If silly puzzles are forced on me. Probably not but there are lots of other things to do and explore.

@jelinidas ;

"Its not always about the loot, but also the fight (challenge) that goes with it. If I want to kill low level spawn there are other places with greater rewards."

Well, I am sorry, but I keep not understanding....

There is SO MANY "challenging" fights which one can seek in UO and Monsters to fight do not lack, I think.....

I honestly do not see the big deal whether Cache Maps have the same loot as Horde/Trove and do not require the Puzzles to pry open as the Horde and Trove Maps do....

The Guardians for the no-Puzzles Cache Maps are not going to be the same as those for the Yes-Puzzles Horde and Trove Maps ?

Well, it makes sense to me considering that Cache Maps will have a LOWER number of items inside as compared to Horde and Trove Maps....

As I said, to me it is great for all players, those wanting to solve Puzzles and those not wanting to have to solve them.......

edited May 2019
    popps said:
    jelinidas said:
    popps said:

@ jelinidas

@ jelinidas 

"Its not always about the loot, but also the fight (challenge) that goes with it. If I want to kill low level spawn there are other places with greater rewards."

Well, I am sorry, but I keep not understanding....

There is SO MANY "challenging" fights which one can seek in UO and Monsters to fight do not lack, I think.....

I honestly do not see the big deal whether Cache Maps have the same loot as Horde/Trove and do not require the Puzzles to pry open as the Horde and Trove Maps do....

The Guardians for the no-Puzzles Cache Maps are not going to be the same as those for the Yes-Puzzles Horde and Trove Maps ?

Well, it makes sense to me considering that Cache Maps will have a LOWER number of items inside as compared to Horde and Trove Maps....

As I said, to me it is great for all players, those wanting to solve Puzzles and those not wanting to have to solve them.......

Popps, the other thing trove and horde chests have that is unique to them is the potential to contain 105 and 110 power scrolls if you dig up the chest in Felucca.  There is no potential for cache chests dug up in Felucca to have power scrolls.

ADDED AS AN EDIT:  I forgot to clarify it's just the Assassin, Mage, Ranger, and Warrior horde and trove chests dug up in Felucca that can potentially contain a 105 or 110 power scroll.  You won't be finding them in Artisan horde or trove chests.
    Maybe I worded it wrongly?  I said that my fisherman gets maps from sea serpents when I'm fishing for mibs. Those MAPS are levels 1 and 2, which I didn't used to dig. Now I will be digging them because of the content listed in the publish notes.  Did you not know that sea serpents potential loot included treasure maps as well as mibs?
    There is no such thing as a sea map. 

The only, so far, known changes to mibs are some very nice additional pre-chest loot.
    You DID NOT word it wrongly because people the actually play the game know that you can get T-Maps from the  SOS Spawn.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Update from Kyronix at UO.com about the changes to TC.  (Note these will not be on TC until next week)
    https://uo.com/2019/05/24/forgotten-treasures-update/

Thanks for listening to us @Kyronix
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I'm personally kind of disappointed that it's led to nothing more than, well, more monster bashing. I was excited for a more interactive means of opening the chests.

C'est la vie, I suppose.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Faeryl said:
    I'm personally kind of disappointed that it's led to nothing more than, well, more monster bashing. I was excited for a more interactive means of opening the chests.

C'est la vie, I suppose.
    One of the reach goals for this publish was to add a new level map from Dread Pirates that would deliver an experience like you describe.  Something more robust than the current treasure hunting loop.  While it didn't make it into this publish, we still want to dive into this feature.  It became clear that in its current form Treasure Hunting has some pretty rooted expectations in how the encounters should feel.  We experimented with trying to change that a little bit, but I think in the end these changes will end up being fun and offer us room to experiment with a different flavor of treasure hunt in the future.

Thanks again for everyone who supplied feedback!
    edited May 2019
    Faeryl said:

C'est la vie, I suppose.
    I am also VERY much disappointed by the latest changes.

I particularly do NOT like at all this change to how Remove Trap will work :

• During the disarming process Ancient Chest Guardians, chosen from the monsters that can spawn during the initial dig, will spawn to defend the chest.  These monsters will not drop any loot.
    • These monsters must be defeated before the chest can be opened.
    • The length of this process is variable based on the player’s Remove Trap skill, with higher Remove Trap skill requiring less disarming time.
    • If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.
    This is, to my opinion, WAY WORSE as doing a Puzzle.

I would have preferred a thousand times more to do a Puzzle then HAVE TO DO (seems that there will not be a chance out of that mechanics...) that "timed" mechanics....

What is WORST, is that now the Treasure Hunter is TIED ON A LEASH "If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted." and one won't be able to "maneuver" as wanted in order to fight the "Ancient Chest Guardians"....

I have NO DOUBTS. I preferred a THOUSAND times the Puzzles.

@Kyronix , is it possible to at least have the 16 tiles be removed ?

Also, I do not understand the Disarming "Time" thing....

The MORE Remove Trap skill a Treasure Hunter has, the LESS time they will be given to disarm the Trap ?

Hallo ?

Having more skill is actually a penalizing thing ?

Furthermore, if Lockpicking and Remove Trap fails will NO LONGER cause the loss of items, what is the point of having a "Disarming Time" ?

I mean, whether one succeeds to disarm or not the Trap in the allocated time (time which I understand will depend on the Remove Trap skill), I understand that this will STILL not cause any item loss so, WHY CARE about doing it in the allocated time or not ?

I do not understand it.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited May 2019

I would have preferred a thousand times more to do a Puzzle then HAVE TO DO (seems that there will not be a chance out of that mechanics...) that "timed" mechanics....

What is WORST, is that now the Treasure Hunter is TIED ON A LEASH "If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted." and one won't be able to "maneuver" as wanted in order to fight the "Ancient Chest Guardians"....

@ Kyronix , is it possible to at least have the 16 tiles be removed ?

The MORE Remove Trap skill a Treasure Hunter has, the LESS time they will be given to disarm the Trap ?

Hallo ?

Furthermore, if Lockpicking and Remove Trap fails will NO LONGER cause the loss of items, what is the point of having a "Disarming Time" ?

I mean, whether one succeed to disarm or not in the allocated time will STILL not cause any item loss so, WHY CARE about doing it in the allocated time depending on the skill level ?

I do not understand it.
    You don't understand it, popps, because you're misunderstanding it. Higher skill means it'll take less time to disarm. Not that you have less time to disarm. And people were vocal enough about their super strong, combat oriented templates that now they can deal with having to kill stuff within a certain range from the chest.

Plus, it makes no sense to be able to disarm a chest when you're not even on the same screen as it.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
     Thank you @Kyronix for the update. Have a great holiday weekend!
    edited May 2019
    Faeryl said:
    • During the disarming process Ancient Chest Guardians, chosen from the monsters that can spawn during the initial dig, will spawn to defend the chest.  These monsters will not drop any loot.
    • These monsters must be defeated before the chest can be opened.
    • The length of this process is variable based on the player’s Remove Trap skill, with higher Remove Trap skill requiring less disarming time.
    • If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.

@ Kyronix , is it possible to at least have the 16 tiles be removed ?

Hallo ?

I mean, whether one succeed to disarm or not in the allocated time will STILL not cause any item loss so, WHY CARE about doing it in the allocated time depending on the skill level ?

I do not understand it.
    You don't understand it, popps, because you're misunderstanding it. Higher skill means it'll take less time to disarm. Not that you have less time to disarm. And people were vocal enough about their super strong, combat oriented templates that now they can deal with having to kill stuff within a certain range from the chest.

Plus, it makes no sense to be able to disarm a chest when you're not even on the same screen as it.
    @Faeryl ;

What I imagine, is a Treasure Hunter who is there, "trying" to Remove the Trap BUT being continuosly BUGGED by the damn Ancient Chest Guardians that spawned.... and thus interrupting continuosly the Treasure Hunter in the work to Remove the Trap.

Wasn't it WAY better before, with the Puzzles, where the Treasure Hunter would stay HIDDEN, working on solving the Puzzle ?

And now, if the Treasure Hunter will get in trouble because of the Ancient Chest Guardians (which are NOT the Chest Guardians but ADDITIONAL Guardians which will spawn ON TOP of the regular Chest Guardians, I understand....) and will need to run away to watch for his/her life, IF the Treasure Hunter will run farther then 16 tiles from the Chest, they will have to START IT ALL OVER which it means, MORE Ancient Chest Guardians to spawn on top of those that ALREADY had spawned and ON TOP of the "regular" Guardians of the Chest that have spawned....

And this is now WAY WORSE as it would have been with the Puzzles ?

But I was preferring the Puzzles a MILLION times more as what it might be now !!

Are we going to see Treasure Maps with some 20+ Monsters ALL THERE to have to be killed ?

And this because some players did not like the Puzzles ?

But I prefer the Puzzles way, but WAY more then this !!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Popps, you have totally misunderstood the publish notes. I strongly suggest you wait and try the new changes before posting again.

Also, is it because English is not your native language that you don't realise how very, very rude it is to post 
    "hallo? "
    the way you do?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I think a good compromise has been met. Looking forward to more testing and to the next publish. 

For those who observe it, have a safe, fun, relaxing, thoughtful Memorial Day weekend.
    @Kyronix, are there any plans to reduce or eliminate the skill use timer on using the Remove Trap skill?  The timer makes for very tedious training when using trapped chests.  I've tried the training with the puzzles, even from 0 skill, and that is also very time-consuming, so I think I'll be sticking to training by disarming chests.  Anything you can do to reduce that timer would be appreciated.
    @Kyronix, if you don't use Remove Trap skill to remove the trap on a chest, will just clicking on the unlocked but still trapped chest cause an explosion that does damage to the t-hunter and bystanders and also destroys items in the chest?  (This explosion was referenced in the original publish notes.)

If the explosion still applies for clicking on an unlocked trapped chest, will using Telekinesis spell still also cause an explosion, as stated in the original publish notes?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    See the post here regarding the update, please hold questions until we have something on TC1.

Those are some nice changes, congrats to all that got them done.
    edited May 2019
    Kyronix said:
    See the post here regarding the update, please hold questions until we have something on TC1.

Respectfully,@Kyronix, I think people are anxious to use the long weekend to train remove trap skill so they're ready by the time this hits production shards. 

If the skill delay still applies and you also have to have 50 lockpicking and 50 detect hidden skill to even start training remove trap on production shards now, many folks are going to be doing nothing but training RT for the next couple of weeks and are going to be pretty grumpy about it.  I'm going to try to get it done on Origin so I can use it when the publish hits Origin.  I still have a long, long way to go from the 31.8 I'm at right now and I've done it before quite a few times.  Not looking forward to this but I'll do it if I have to and if it's worth it since it will replace mining skill.  I'm fortunate I have a spare character slot to use and could make a new character with the 50 lockpicking and 50 detect hidden, but I did have to buy a soulstone, which I'm not particularly happy about.  And then it'll be rinse and repeat on several other shards.

If people can get by with just taking the explosion from clicking on an unlocked trapped chest, I imagine most will go that route instead and won't waste the time training.  They're gonna be annoyed though if it turns out that doesn't work and they should have started training RT already.
    edited May 2019
    Popps, you have totally misunderstood the publish notes. I strongly suggest you wait and try the new changes before posting again.

Also, is it because English is not your native language that you don't realise how very, very rude it is to post 
    "hallo? "
    the way you do?
    My apologies if I may have sounded rude, it was not my intention.

In regards to the Publish notes, well, the line that reads : "If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.in what other possible way can it be read other then "the process MUST be restarted", which it means a second and a third and a fourth and a fifth etc. etc. etc. spawn of Ancient Chest Guardians (with no loot) on top of any and all of the previous ones will be "triggered" whenever the Treasure Hunter will either "die" or move farther then 16 tiles from the Chest ?

And where does that takes that Treasure Hunter ?

To have to face an increasing number of Spawning creatures depending on the number of deaths or times that he/she had to run for his/her life farther then 16 tiles from the Chest....

Which, at least to my viewing, would be a nonsense....

I mean, if a Treasure Hunter runs away (farther then 16 tiles) OR dies at the hands of the Ancient Chest Guardians triggered by the use of the Remove Trap skill, this would show to me, that this Treasure Hunter is ALREADY in dire difficulties (he/she NEEDS to run away farther then 16 tiles to stay alive or dies...), and this Treasure Hunter would then be served, if I understand the planned new mechanics, by a further INCREASING difficulty with MORE and MORE Ancient Chest Guardians spawning each and every time that the "process MUST be restarted "?

I do not understand the logic of it.
This discussion has been closed.