Curious about the UO Social Media Accounts

It appears UO doesn't have much of a presence on social media. Is this on purpose or due to a lack of staffing?

If there is an official Social Media Manager position, I'd be more than willing to volunteer (or accept payment if there is a budget). I've built my own brand's SM accounts in a very small niche and maintain a high level of engagement on all of my channels.

Just a thought...la

Comments

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    — There is an official Instagram account that’s been advertised and linked to both here on the forums and in the news on UO.com.

There is also an Ultima Online official Facebook. You just have to search “Ultima Online” and it pops up.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Oh, I have seen both of those...again, not much in regards to actual engagement on any of those accounts. Posting a screen shot 2 weeks ago on Instagram isn't quite how to keep the community engaged...la
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I've been harping about the lack of marketing for years. With the right management it could drive conversions and subscriptions... but there is no marketing by BS (Broadsword) for anything. Not even a presence or tabletop at the E3 or any geek conventions... which really are missed opportunities.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited May 2019

Let's all make twitter accounts using our character names. We'll take over that cesspool of a social media establishment.

— I know some of the EM teams on a few of the shards have a decent and fairly active presence on Facebook (the only social media site I belong to). The Origin EM team I believe, specifically, have their own Facebook page or group and update it numerous times a week. There are many private groups, also.

But keep in mind, Broadsword has allocated a small Developer team for UO and they work extremely hard for us who continue to play.

Adding social media marketing to their already full workloads would be difficult. And hiring a social media coordinator to the team is probably not in the budget.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I think UO can benefit greatly from active sosial media channels if done right.
    These days its not just about writing sosial media content, its about doing it right. Companies that know how to do social media content are able to make a significant profit compared to those that dont, but it requires a sosial media strategy.

A few suggestions here:  Use twitter, facebook, youtube
    Dont need to update it daily or reply to all posts, but every now and then is important.

Post some PvP pictures, some pictures from Events, not just the new items for next publish.
    Show that the world is alive and kicking.

Delete posts from non-official shards (private servers).
    Theres a few posts here and there from non-official shards, dont need those pots, we want them to play here on official shards right.

Update the community related stuff, like old MyUO where people can see their character, friends and guilds on shard.  This forum is also good, for years it did not exist, atleast now its available to players. Strenghten the player towns in game, guilds and enforce laws on chat channels. Take care of afk macroers, it hurt the community. Advertise, UO is a great game!

Thank you
    psycho said:

Update the community related stuff, like old MyUO where people can see their character, friends and guilds on shard.  
    — My understanding is that MyUO hasn’t been updated in a few years because of the newest internet privacy laws in Europe. So it would take a lot more than just “updating” the site. Broadsword would have to know and understand all international privacy laws and figure out how to basically rebuild the MyUO site to be in compliance.

Thats actually a probably a fairly large expense to undertake because it would require legal work.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie