T-Hunt 60% fail rate so far

I did 5 maps on TC and was a bit disappointed. I'm not very experienced at treasure hunting so it might be user error on my part.  All maps so far were in Malas:

120 Magery
120 Peacemaking
120 Musicianship
100 Cartography
100 Lock Picking
100 Remove Trap

#1 SUCCESS type: Mage's supply /  guards: earth elementals & hell hounds /  Loot: 20k + 17k + bag with 8 different gem types, no other loot 

#2 FAIL type: Warrior's hoard / guards: Lich Lords & Minotaurs / took 12ish tries before I solved the Remove Trap puzzle- NO LOOT in chest :-(  

#3  FAIL type: Artisan's cache / guards: Lich Lords & Minotaurs/ chest under foliage- could not target with it Lockpicking- gave up

#4 SUCCESS type: Assassin's stash/ guards: headless one / loot: 13k + bag with 9 different gem types, no other loot

#5 FAIL  type: Ranger's supply /  kept getting error message "chest fell apart....try digging it up again...." / tried again 15ish times from different location both mounted dismounted before giving up.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2019

#2 Hoard chests are currently bugged. At least in my experience. You either have a cylinder puzzle and cannot loot the chest, or a circuit/slider and can loot the chest, but there is no GGB.

#3 You can use object handles to lp/rt/target the chest. Set up your object handles to display items only. Hold Crt-Shift to bring up the object handles (EC - don't know the CC keys) and interact with the chest through the object handle.

#5 Ranger maps on TC from before Release 2 are bugged and give the "chest fell apart" message. Throw those away and get fresh maps from the pillars.

-Arroth
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2019

#1 [...] no other loot 

#2 [...] NO LOOT in chest :-(  

[...]

#4 [...] no other loot

On prodo you will be in good company with being disappointed. Try some maps on prodo while you still can and while they still have loot. It won't come back once this massive loot nerf goes live.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Yet I keep being told that the loot is better.  The fan bois who probably do ONE tmap a year are so happy with a gem bag.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited May 2019
    MissE said:
    The fan bois
    While I appreciate everyone's point of view, this is something I do not appreciate because it shows zero respect for others who share differing opinions.

Some people will enjoy a feature.
    Some people will not enjoy a feature.

This is ok.  This is why we have iteration, and why we push things multiple times to TC1.

This narrative that if you aren't part of the negat-ocracy you are a "cheerleader/fan boi/in the circle" is neither helpful nor constructive.

I don't mean to single this specific post out, but I've been seeing this more and more and it really has no place in the constructive and thoughtful exchange environment we are building here.

Thanks for everyone's anticipated understanding.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited May 2019
    Kyronix said:
    MissE said:
    The fan bois
    While I appreciate everyone's point of view, this is something I do not appreciate because it shows zero respect for others who share differing opinions.

This is ok.  This is why we have iteration, and why we push things multiple times to TC1.

This narrative that if you aren't part of the negat-ocracy you are a "cheerleader/fan boi/in the circle" is neither helpful nor constructive.

I don't mean to single this specific post out, but I've been seeing this more and more and it really has no place in the constructive and thoughtful exchange environment we are building here.

Can I be a Fan Boi?  I did not bring up puzzles or T Hunting on LS at the Meet and Greet.

Psst how long will the Beacons last?  I wont tell her if you tell us.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    The problem here is that some people have never played any other game, some people will never play any other game, they are here forever. Unfortunately this can make some people accept ANY new content from boredom and fear of losing their only amusement if they make too much fuss. 
    If some people really like this new direction and enjoy it then that's great, for them...
    But you can't tell unhappy people who dislike a possible change for whatever reason, or have tried it and did not find it 'more fun', or feel that it was better before it was 'revamped' that it's just them being negative nancys and everything is actually great!
    edited May 2019
    Kyronix said:
    MissE said:
    The fan bois

Not a single word on the topic though. There is so much feedback in this thread and all he quotes are those three words. What a "thoughtful exchange" [in one direction]. All that's build here is a bubble. Please read what people say about high level chest loot.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I find it pretty frustrating that someone using the generic term 'fan bois' is being called out, I guess because of their point of view,  but at least two people with the opposite viewpoint have called a large group of posters 'whiners' plus a personal attack calling another poster 'miserable' and that is perfectly okay! It seems that there is a bit of a double standard going on. I'm done posting here, people only see and hear what they want to and ignore everything else.  :/
    LOL, this is my third try stating my feedback, but the moderators keep finding reasons to lock or just remove. 

--------------------------------------------

So ist this loot on TC going to stay?

Please compare a level 6 map currently on prodo with the same map on TC1, it's pretty obvious it is a major nerf. Less items, some no longer spawning at all in there. This can't be right!

Please also look what T-Hunter here say: https://stratics.com/threads/publish-105-forgotten-treasures-release-2-on-test-center.409357/page-5

They all say the loot is worse, and that does not only mean item properties. And I've been on TC personally and can agree the only option if this goes live is to find some other hobby.

I got a full locker of 6 and 7 maps, and they will all be worthless. The idea to force us doing low level maps with Mongbats is insulting. Just put a clicky in Haven to give us SoTs and all the stuff we no longer find in high level maps.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    jaytin said:
    The problem here is that some people have never played any other game, some people will never play any other game, they are here forever. Unfortunately this can make some people accept ANY new content from boredom and fear of losing their only amusement if they make too much fuss. 

:D