Guardian difficulty level in Eodon?

Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
edited May 2019 in Test Center
Can we talk about the difficultly level of the guardians on Eodon maps?
I haven't dared to even find out what spawns on Hoard and Trove maps, because I simply can't kill the saurosaurus and dimetrosaur that spawn on Cache maps.  Is it me?  am I the only one that finds a cache map in Eodon is harder than a Trove map in Ter Mur?

Are these the right two dinosaurs for this level of map?
Is it my template that is unsuitable for this particular facet?  Mystic/Weaver?

So just to try it, I dug a Hoard map.  Kotl automatons, mymidex drones and a triceratops. Eminently doable.  Now I'm just confused.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    How many were in your group?
    If you say you're trying to solo, then you've probably answered your own question.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Mervyn said:
    How many were in your group?
    If you say you're trying to solo, then you've probably answered your own question.
    Except that per the devs, cache is one of the maps meant to be able to be solo'd. So that shouldn't really matter.

I personally haven't tried any Eodon maps yet, because I know my treasure hunter is totally unprepared for them at the moment.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    All of the Eodon level 3 maps (intended for solo play) that I did that had the saurosaurus and dimetrosaur were NOT guardians. It is inconsiderate to leave spawn behind, but they don't actually need to be killed. That said, I do think they are rough for a level 3 chest.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Tamers would like the Dimes to be left behind.  We use those.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780

The trove maps I tried had multiple boss level allosauruses and the cache maps had multiple boss level dimetrosaurs.  I did not even try horde maps because if I had no hope of doing a cache map why bother. Although not marked as guardians they were guardians and would rubber band back if they got too far from the chest.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    @Pawain ; I did worry about the facet filling up with discarded dimetrosaurs, but then I accidentally got caught out at server down. When I logged back in the chest was still there, but the dimes had gone, so they must de-spawn on a timer I guess.

@TimSt I found the hoard map easier to do than the cache, which is why I ended up confused.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    If they are not marked as guardians, then they do not need to be killed in order to open the chest and loot it. People can loot the chest, then take their time to kill off the critters or just let them despawn eventually. Since the chests only have a few items, looting then is a much faster process now.

However, 4 dimetries popping out makes it a real challenge to stay alive long enough to empty the chest - more of a challenge than a level 3 solo chest ought to warrant imo.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    It might be a bug in the Eodon guardians.  Because when I tested a stash map the lions that got spawned did not have the guardian title but I could not unlock the chest, even got the warning, until I killed the lions.

To put some perspective on the difficulty of the Eodon cache map guardians. I can solo Tram / Fel / Malas / Ter Mur trove maps with a couple of deaths in Tram and Fel.  I can not solo the Eodon cache maps.