Water wheel

GlorfindelGlorfindel Posts: 36
can’t place water tiles under it. Just sends it to moving crate when you try to change to water tile under it. 

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I'm afraid that, like all other house add ons, the water wheel can't be placed on impassable tiles, which water tiles are.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Jesus 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Is the goza trick an exploit?
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Tanager said:
    Is the goza trick an exploit?
    Sarcasm? ;)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    can’t place water tiles under it. Just sends it to moving crate when you try to change to water tile under it. 

There are a few Termur Carpets that you can get a great color blue on and blend them in a bit with some river moss or other low plants.

I would like to see the water be able to be walked on so we can place deco on it and a few other floor tiles too.
    Mariah said:
    I'm afraid that, like all other house add ons, the water wheel can't be placed on impassable tiles, which water tiles are.
    But how it is possible then to put the Water Wheel INSIDE a Koi Pond, as I have seen around? Ins't the KP an impassable item too?
    Ivenor said:
    But how it is possible then to put the Water Wheel INSIDE a Koi Pond, as I have seen around? Ins't the KP an impassable item too?
    You can use illusion and raise goza's up and place the waterwheel on the gozas then chop the gozas still showing then place the pond under it. So it isn't "on" the pond but over the pond.
  • QuintusQuintus Posts: 16
    I have tried the goza method. It wont raise. Is this supposed to be with a water tile instead? Id love to use this water wheel but Im struggling to find a reasonable way to place it on the pond or other water I have in the home. Im open to ideas! :)
    edited May 2019
    There is a tile INSIDE the Koy Pond that is not impassable. If you place the Pond ON YOU, and after place the Wheel maybe it functions? Clearly after placing you have to exit the pond with a Recall...
    Ivenor said:
    There is a tile INSIDE the Koy Pond that is not impassable. If you place the Pond ON YOU, and after place the Wheel maybe it functions? Clearly after placing you have to exit the pond with a Recall...
    I dont follow. Are you suggesting to redeed it and combine the deeds?
    Quintus said:
    I have tried the goza method. It wont raise. Is this supposed to be with a water tile instead? Id love to use this water wheel but Im struggling to find a reasonable way to place it on the pond or other water I have in the home. Im open to ideas! :)

Raise the goza mats and then place it.you can raise the mats and try to place the pond under it and if it doesn't raise them all again and keep going. You can also do the illusion method and raise them out in from until it is "over it visually", then place the deed. For @Pawain homes, we just used carpet colored to match one of the colors in the pond and placed it on the outside.

For something impassible, just raise enough goza mats around it to make is passible. The mats don't have to stay there.

Ive tried this but goza mats dont move once placed. I just tried it again and the interior decorator tool says it cannot go any higher or lower.

Do you mean the water tiles or those grass/snow tiles?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    It is an illusion.

I'm standing where the items really are, that's why they disappear.

temp.png 168.9K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    There are multiple types of goza. Most do not rise or lower. You want a generic square gozas. Crafting menu you want the last type if memory serves.
    Thanks for the help guys. I think to use this the way it should be used, I have to place the pond in a different part of the house. Its just too difficult to make work with the water wheel in its current position.

Side note, Pawin, your layout in those pics looks amazing :).