Time for me to lay Uo in its grave for my self. Any good suggestions for new game? How to delete?

MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
With the new treasure hunting system, the fact they do 0 to cheaters, gold sellers, account sellers, and any one like that. I just cant ignore it all and pretend this is going in a good direction lol. Any one got any other good mmos to replace UO with? I hear shourds of the avatar is bad, shards of aria or what ever that new one doesnt sound any good. I know the other private uo shards allow just as much gold selling and cheating. Maybe ill have to make my own UO server that actually bans cheaters.

Also any one know how to delete a UO account? No i am not giving it away or selling it lol.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Just out of interest, how does it affect players if someone sells accounts/gold?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    edited May 2019
    Delete your characters on video and  then spam offensive chat in general.
  • MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
    edited May 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Just out of interest, how does it affect players if someone sells accounts/gold?
    One its agaisnt their copy write rules, 2 it undermines the store, 3 it encourages duping, scripting, botting and cheating. 4 it's about equal to selling people drugs. 5 I hate cheaters and they are cheaters. Who you think runs those idoc scripted accounts that soak all the stuff up and house spots, it's either Atlantic realtor, lord nabin, that avatar guy that spans help chat 24 7, or scribbles. Normal players just give up on trying to compete with them, and some end up buying from them. It is akin to extortion. They just tolerate it because they have to pay a subscribe fee to keep all those houses. So its equal to a drug lord allowed to do business because they pay the police off. 

If a player does it say just sells their personal account to some one else cause they are done, it's still wrong but doesn't affect to much. It's the people who exploit it all and try to make a living off it that causes the problems. Like I said encourages cheating, scripting, botting and that kind of thing. The people who deal with them are like drug addicts. 

The only explanation I have seen so far that makes any sense why the developers tolerate it, is because if they banned every one who cheated they would lose to much money. So they are happy to just let the game wallow in it's own filth. 
  • Delete your characters on video and  then spam offensive chat in general.
    Why delete them on video, and spam chat to annoy a bunch of people that just want to play. To amuse you I suppose? That wouldn't delete my account that would just get me banned maybe for a little while. I suppose the deleted characters will just have to do. Thanks.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Mervyn said:
    One its agaisnt their copy write rules, 2 it undermines the store, 3 it encourages duping, scripting, botting and cheating. 4 it's about equal to selling people drugs. 5 I hate cheaters and they are cheaters. Who you think runs those idoc scripted accounts that soak all the stuff up and house spots, it's either Atlantic realtor, lord nabin, that avatar guy that spans help chat 24 7, or scribbles. Normal players just give up on trying to compete with them, and some end up buying from them. It is akin to extortion. They just tolerate it because they have to pay a subscribe fee to keep all those houses. So its equal to a drug lord allowed to do business because they pay the police off. 
    They run the facebook page for Broadsword, the swag store and what not.. They don't just tolerate it... they integrated it into UO..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I still don’t understand what the problem is to other players. 

I personally only do fel idocs and never had any problem with bots and you get EVERYTHING to yourself. We once picked up 27 platinum worth of goods we calculated and it was split between 3 of us. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    Delete your characters on video and  then spam offensive chat in general.
    Why delete them on video, and spam chat to annoy a bunch of people that just want to play. To amuse you I suppose? That wouldn't delete my account that would just get me banned maybe for a little while. I suppose the deleted characters will just have to do. Thanks.
    so basically your all talk and no action ... you ain't quitting nothing so carry on.
  • Mervyn said:
    I still don’t understand what the problem is to other players. 

I personally only do fel idocs and never had any problem with bots and you get EVERYTHING to yourself. We once picked up 27 platinum worth of goods we calculated and it was split between 3 of us. 

Yep can't do scripts in fel for houses any ways. You don't want to see how it effects any one because it would change your mind about the game. You like your current mind state on the game, I'm not gonna be able to change it. I could tolerate most of that, the treasure hunting is what sent me over the edge.
This discussion has been closed.