House Upgrading

Do you need to have High Seas to be able to upgrade your Castles and Keeps?

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    no you can upgrade your Castle or Keep to the new designs...
    but upgrading does give you extra storage
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    It has been a week since I placed my keep and would like to upgrade it to one of the new designs, but I do not hive the house sign option hi-lighted to do so.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Are there trees inside or in the parts that are smaller?  Or you have a paver somewhere.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited May 2019

Where's your keep located.  I can take a look at it and tell you if it's upgradable or not.
    I think there is a rock 1 space away. If I remember correctly I think the footprint is increased by 1 space on the new keeps and castles. My keep is located on Great Lakes south of Ice dungeon in fel.
    look on your house sign
    Information tab, will show if its properly placed
    It says it is properly placed but cannot be converted.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2019
    Do you have any fountains for bandages in the home, I think they block.  And didn’t notice but did you remove everything from the bottom floor. I think that is a requirement as well. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TimTim Posts: 790
    I can’t confirm this but if I remember correctly mine didn’t show convertible until I removed all deeded items and stone crafted items.
    edited May 2019

There's a lot of keeps in that area.  Which one is yours?
    when I did my keep, (the information tab) always said it was properly placed...
    I had 27 fountain of life in there too
    the option to convert (in the customization tab) was greyed out, until it was ready to convert...
    all items deeded, etc 
    I do not think I have any deeded items in the house and the only items in the house are 2 slime statues on the first floor and some ore on the front steps. The Keep is the first one South of the Ice Dungeon Enterance and is Owned by Clair. I have never had any Fountains in the home, but I will double check the lockdown and secure numbers tomorrow to see if anything was missed.

There's a lot of keeps in that area.  Which one is yours?
    The Keep is the first one South of the Ice Dungeon Enterance and is Owned by Clair in Fel.
    Tim said:
    I can’t confirm this but if I remember correctly mine didn’t show convertible until I removed all deeded items and stone crafted items.
    I never had any stone crafted item there as it is a new keep. Only placed a couple weeks ago.

I did not know you get more storage when you change to the new designs from the original Keep. When did this happen???
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Arron said:
    I did not know you get more storage when you change to the new designs from the original Keep. When did this happen???
    I think she was referring to the fact that you get a 20% increase with High Seas.
    Oh ok. lol. I got excited. I have the 20% increase from ML did not know you could get it from High Seas as well. I thought it was only from the bank house increase upgrade, the ML and the 7th Anniversary.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    Arron said:
    Oh ok. lol. I got excited. I have the 20% increase from ML did not know you could get it from High Seas as well. I thought it was only from the bank house increase upgrade, the ML and the 7th Anniversary.

As Mariah noted here, one can have a max total of 60% of House Storage increase:

1) 20% from the "Mondain Legacy" Expansion
    2) 20% from the "High Seas" Booster;
    3) 20% from the "Housing & Bank Storage Increase" OR from the "7th Character Slot"***.

***A note: In the "7th Character Slot" description page on Origin Shop as today there is NO mention of the Storage Increase. Maybe they changed this specs? @mariah ??? 

I.

PS: A "funny" thing to note is that it seems (at least as by my direct  experience) that one can't transfer at all a House to another Account if said receiving Account doesn't have at least the same Storage Increase "rights": i.e., one can't transfer a House with a, e.g., 40% SI to an Account that "support" only Houses with a 20% SI.

I.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Ivenor said:

PS: A "funny" thing to note is that it seems (at least as by my direct  experience) that one can't transfer at all a House to another Account if said receiving Account doesn't have at least the same Storage Increase "rights": i.e., one can't transfer a House with a, e.g., 40% SI to an Account that "support" only Houses with a 20% SI.
    I think that part only applies if the house contains items that would put it over that capacity. Otherwise it will adjust down with no problems. I have shuffled homes before and they have various capacities added. Though I do know for sure that the tiles of the home use to effect us like this.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Arron said:
    I do not think I have any deeded items in the house and the only items in the house are 2 slime statues on the first floor and some ore on the front steps. The Keep is the first one South of the Ice Dungeon Enterance and is Owned by Clair. I have never had any Fountains in the home, but I will double check the lockdown and secure numbers tomorrow to see if anything was missed.
    The first floor has to be empty so it can add the foundation. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    Gidge said:
    Ivenor said:

I think that part only applies if the house contains items that would put it over that capacity. Otherwise it will adjust down with no problems. I have shuffled homes before and they have various capacities added. Though I do know for sure that the tiles of the home use to effect us like this.
    That makes sense, many thanks! :)
    AAMOF the house I was trying to transfer between two of my Accounts was full to the brim of various crap... :D

You are correct about that rock.  It's a blocker.

However, you can move your keep south at least two maybe three tiles.

edited May 2019

I didn't see anything else blocking on the west or east sides.  My circle trans wouldn't go in far enough to see the entire inner voids but I didn't see anything.

The keep I have saved on UOAutomap is all the way up to that treeline and should be upgradable.

You'll have to drop that keep and move it south.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There were 2 different packs for 7th character slot. One is for the slot alone, the other was a combined pack 7th character and storage increase. The storage increase is also sold alone, but you can't add both the 7th and storage and the storage alone, it's an either/or situation.

I'm not seeing the combined pack on the page you linked. It may have been removed.

I didn't see anything else blocking on the west or east sides.  My circle trans would go in far enough to see the entire inner voids but I didn't see anything.

The keep I have saved on UOAutomap is all the way up to that treeline and should be upgradable.

You'll have to drop that keep and move it south.
    Okay. Thank you @Ezekiel_Zane for your efforts on my behalf. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
    Ivenor said:
    Arron said:

As Mariah noted here, one can have a max total of 60% of House Storage increase:

1) 20% from the "Mondain Legacy" Expansion
    2) 20% from the "High Seas" Booster;
    3) 20% from the "Housing & Bank Storage Increase" OR from the "7th Character Slot"***.

***A note: In the "7th Character Slot" description page on Origin Shop as today there is NO mention of the Storage Increase. Maybe they changed this specs? @ mariah ??? 

I.

I.
    Thanks for the info @Ivenor
    Mariah said:
    There were 2 different packs for 7th character slot. One is for the slot alone, the other was a combined pack 7th character and storage increase. The storage increase is also sold alone, but you can't add both the 7th and storage and the storage alone, it's an either/or situation.

I'm not seeing the combined pack on the page you linked. It may have been removed.

Yeah the 7th character slot is $20 and the Increased Bank & storage is $20.  For a while there was a deal to get both for $30.  I haven't seen that in a long time.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    That rock isnt blocking placement, when they did the new designed keep the remade how the footprints of the old ones work so you cant go into the side openings anymore. Which may confuse someone to belive that it is the rock that blocks to walk there when it actually are the house.

Maybe it only blocks the new Keep Design? But I find it curious that the option to securly replace the keep does not highlight on the house sign, but that could be because of something the house regesters so that option is not a valid one.