Classic Client Windows 10 struggles to exit full screen mode

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited May 2019 in Bugs
On windows 10, on classic client if/when you press Alt+Enter to go into full screen mode, pressing Alt + Enter again will not get you out of full screen mode, you need to go into the options > Display and uncheck use full screen display (click okay) and restart the client and for some reason you must rinse and repeat, always repeat. 

Expected result: for Alt+Enter to return you to non full screen mode like it does in windows 7. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Hrm... it worked fine for me just now.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Dont do it with more than one account running. Makes the volume loud when you try to get back to normal.

I had to close that account completely to get back to normal. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2019
    That’s odd that it works okay for you @Faeryl are you running uo in some sort of compatibility mode or something? 
    This was reported to me a few months back and i only recently got a win10 machine to confirm it on.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Mervyn said:
    That’s odd that it works okay for you @ Faeryl are you running uo in some sort of compatibility mode or something? 
    This was reported to me a few months back and i only recently got a win10 machine to confirm it on.
    Ah, yeah. I didn't even consider that. It's running in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Ignore me then.  ;)
    edited May 2019
    Okay yeah I just confirmed this does fix it thanks, but client should be shipping with it working, not up to users to debug.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited May 2019
    Please tell me any other game out there that changes its client/game because windows changes its version. That is why Windows comes with a compatibility mode.  Why aren't you bitching about running stuff as administrator then.  I guess this is just another one of those UO doesn't do anything right post.  Do you write all program makers and tell them to upgrade their programs to be Windows 10 compliant or is it just UO you like trying to throw under the bus all the time.
    edited May 2019
    All online games change its versions to be compatible with windows 10. Because this game is online and updates before login. I don't have to run uo in admin mode.. But If I did, I might "bitch" if I had to figure out that i needed to change the settings myself to run in admin mode to debug an issue. 

Failing that, they could publish it under a heading of 
    *known issues* on the startup splash screen, with all other bugs. 

I'm sure my friend who reported the issue to me was not the only one who had this problem and others may have it in the future. Over time, more people will be moving to windows 10. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I do not play in full screen mode but now I know I can not switch back and forth.

Low priority bug for those who do not use the feature. But important if you use this feature.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.