so since bamboo tiles were fixed
new exploit been exposed by players to make whole house load and generate lags
all you need to do is make first layer full of stairs
u can see this in screenshot attached, i hided few tiles to show you
please fix asap

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Where’s the *new bit?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ya we would not want players to see those public repair benches.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
    Pawain said:
    Ya we would not want players to see those public repair benches.
    ya WE dont want 40k items from single house on client cached
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Piss and moan, piss and moan.

She gave in to the bamboo...after all these years.
    Which she shouldn't have done.

Now everyone is gonna want everything changed about displaying houses.

those are not public

but thats not the case, each tile or part of wall is not static, its a different object, add bunch of decor, i already say houses 40k+ items loading to client memory, before patch. Everyone was lagging, thats why they got fixed.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Where is this? I bet you a plat that I wont lag.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

It's Atlantic and there's already two others that have done the same thing.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019

xxxVideo said:
    those are not public

but thats not the case, each tile or part of wall is not static, its a different object, add bunch of decor, i already say houses 40k+ items loading to client memory, before patch. Everyone was lagging, thats why they got fixed.

Again with this lag crap? Everyone who???
    Please be so kind to show the point in the UO TOS in which this way of building is SPECIFICALLY & CLEARLY described as an exploit.
    Haven't you "lag is baaaad" bunch made already enough damages?
    I.

PS: THIS is a small example on Oceania resulting from your "lag fixation"...

NOW

BEFORE

Ivenor said:

xxxVideo said:
    those are not public

Please be so kind to show the point in the UO TOS in which this way of building is SPECIFICALLY & CLEARLY described as an exploit.
    I.

Me and my friends just happy we can pvp at yew near houses without lags after the fix. And everyone else is happy except those people who think 40 000 items on a house is somekind of art.
    Anyway im not going to argue. The fix was made and this kind of exploit will be fixed soon i belive.
    edited May 2019
    a
    xxxVideo said:
    Ivenor said:

xxxVideo said:
    those are not public

I.

Me and my friends just happy we can pvp at yew near houses without lags after the fix. And everyone else is happy except those people who think 40 000 items on a house is somekind of art.
    Anyway im not going to argue. The fix was made and this kind of exploit will be fixed soon i belive.
    And I bet this will NOT be fixed, because it is NOT an exploit, and you and your pvpers friends can go kill one another in some other place, instead of DEMANDING that the whole UO world has to be constructed to cater to your behavioral disfunctions.
    The fix that preventing loading non static lock downs was made.
    Thats why bamboo tiles was fixed.
    The way to bypass this restriction is an exploit by definition.
    Thats why it should be fixed.
    Also learn to respect others, i mean filter your speech and respect the ability to play with out lags. I dont wanna see your "art", i wanna my smooth game without lags.
    xxxVideo said:
    The fix that preventing loading non static lock downs was made.
    Thats why bamboo tiles was fixed.
    The way to bypass this restriction is an exploit by definition.
    Thats why it should be fixed.
    Also learn to respect others, i mean filter your speech and respect the ability to play with out lags. I dont wanna see your "art", i wanna my smooth game without lags.
    You don't want to see someone "art", I'm bored to death to have ATL General Chat FLOODED by the rants of loony kiddies that are able to contribute to UO only by screaming endlessly about who  p0wnd who for the Nth time in the evening. Yew gate lag? GO KILL EACH OTHER IS SOME OTHER PLACE! Britannia is HUGE!
  • TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    Players should stop trying to continuously find loopholes to showcase their lagfest houses. People that continue to do so should start receiving bans enough trying to find ways to exploit the system when it is clear it was not intended for you to showcase your stuff when they fixed bamboo you can't possibly try to argue that they aren't knowingly breaking the rules.
    Players should stop trying to continuously find loopholes to showcase their lagfest houses. People that continue to do so should start receiving bans enough trying to find ways to exploit the system when it is clear it was not intended for you to showcase your stuff when they fixed bamboo you can't possibly try to argue that they aren't knowingly breaking the rules.
    @ Kyronix @ Mesanna @ Bleak
    Yes, call momma and daddy, bacause someone with a level of creativity that you can only DREAM of have CREATED something new. And no, I don't own ANY house that utilize this TECHNIQUE, that is NOT an exploit. DUPING is an exploit.
    Ivenor said:
    Yes, call momma and daddy, bacause someone with a level of creativity that you can only DREAM of have CREATED something new. And no, I don't own ANY house that utilize this TECHNIQUE, that is NOT an exploit. DUPING is an exploit.
    anything that circumvents the intended game mechanics is an exploit regardless if you think its harmless or not the fact they patched bamboo to stop this is proof that it is not an intended feature and therefore exploitative in nature.
    edited May 2019
    Ivenor said:
    anything that circumvents the intended game mechanics is an exploit regardless if you think its harmless or not the fact they patched bamboo to stop this is proof that it is not an intended feature and therefore exploitative in nature.
    No: they "patched" bamboo only to avoid to continuing being PESTERED by a VERY VOCAL MINORITY of whining snowflakes.
    As in RL, so in UO... :/
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    No: they "patched" bamboo only to avoid being PESTERED by a a VERY VOCAL MINORITY of whining snowflakes.
    You really have nothing intelligent to add do you?
    I mean the dev's already gave you a compromise with an upcoming toggle in options to see bamboo houses..... like could you cry more?

The dev's took a stance on the issue and that should be respected instead of waiting for your toggle you want to find ways to force your creations on everyone when it was never intended. You have no rational argument here bud you best just step away. Talking in caps to try and make a point doesn't make it true.
    edited May 2019
    My arguments are the images I posted here and before, and the great number of player created Houses ART that got lost in the last weeks "thanks" to the BF "fix", e.g., the Dvarven Village.

About the mythical "toggle"... I will believe in it IF and WHEN I will se it.

PS: this thread has been opened by someone AGAINST the "new" style of self-loading houses, not by someone asking for the promised toogle, so who is whining uselessly?
    PS2: Game & Respect advises from somone that argue that RED player-killers need some LOVE? Are U kidding, right? :D ;)
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

Ah, for the love of all that is.   PLEASE. Please put an ignore feature on these forums.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    The devs caved to a loud boisterous minority.  If you dozen or so PvP'ers left in UO can't take the heat, go play another game?  Perhaps UO has left you behind...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    No: they "patched" bamboo only to avoid to continuing being PESTERED by a VERY VOCAL MINORITY of whining snowflakes.
    No the snowflakes are the ones that think they are above the rules and can do what they want just because they say so.
  • AnglesWingsAnglesWings Posts: 22
    @xxxVideo   How About you mind your Own Damn Business!!!
    Let people deco the way THEY want,  You asked for bamboo fix and they fixed, STOP CRYING and go BUY a new computer!!!!!.
    I love the design and I don't lag at all!!! so seems that it is your own fault!!

@ xxxVideo   How About you mind your Own Damn Business!!!
    Let people deco the way THEY want,  You asked for bamboo fix and they fixed, STOP CRYING and go BUY a new computer!!!!!.
    I love the design and I don't lag at all!!! so seems that it is your own fault!!

Typical answer of an exploiter.  If you do not like my exploit lagging your computer then go buy a new computer.  Trust me when you obey the law life is a lot less stressful.  Don't you just love law breakers telling honest players to stuff it.
    edited May 2019
    show me where is anything on TOS about this!!!!!!!
    ZERO, NADA, so pls Go play your own game and let me play my!

Here you go lawbreaker.
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    • Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.
    why don't you say something about the guy gating 24/7 using exploits to his Castle???

He just posted on this TOPIC, using his alternative account!

and BTW, walk around Luna and you will see MANY houses already showing their content.

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
    Well he is breaking the law so why can't I?  Typical cheater response.
  • ...so pls Go play your own game...

That's exactly what they're trying to do?
  • ArronArron Posts: 485

Ah, for the love of all that is.   PLEASE. Please put an ignore feature on these forums.
    I second that. For a friend of course. 
This discussion has been closed.