You must either log in as that character or wait.....

Why not be able to change a character after a monster hit you?

I understand that this is right if it would be an "PLAYER" enemy like "Human" "Elf" "Gargoyle" "Woman", but not a Mongbat who hit me just before entering my house.

Thanks

Comments

• See camping does have a purpose yall
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    This has been complained about for years.  Doubt we ever see it fixed
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    If you do see this message, log back in as it only takes 2 minutes to time out of it vs the 5 if you stay logged out. Or go grab a snack in that time. :D

This honestly has to be one of the most annoying things implemented. The game knows the different between a pvp attack and a monster attack. This should not be that difficult to alter. *HINT HINT*
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I don’t see anything wrong with this mechanic, or else people would just log out to prevent them or their pet from dying in pvm.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LMAO They are talking about recalling to their house and getting attacked by a mob and getting a time-out before they can log in another player but as standard you try to make it out like this is out in the field fighting with a log out and a log in of another char.  We all know that out in the field you can not just log out one char and log in another without waiting so don't even try to go there.
    edited May 2019
    as standard 

You want them to write some code to specifically exclude mongbats? what about those who live in areas with high corpser or reaper populations?

as a red..polar bears attack me.

something wrong with today’s YouTube society where 2 mins wait is too long..

I suggest using the time constructively, check your armour for repairs, read the uo newsletter, tidy your backpack, restock, destock. Backup your macros, recharge your pet ball, feed the parrot. consider your sins, troll the forums.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:

troll the forums.
    Was this a reference to you or me?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mervyn said:
    as standard 

You want them to write some code to specifically exclude mongbats? what about those who live in areas with high corpser or reaper populations?

as a red..polar bears attack me.

something wrong with today’s YouTube society where 2 mins wait is too long..

I suggest using the time constructively, check your armour for repairs, read the uo newsletter, tidy your backpack, restock, destock. Backup your macros, recharge your pet ball, feed the parrot. consider your sins, troll the forums.
    Wouldn’t it just be easier to only prevent logout from a safe location (house/inn) if you have a PvP heat of battle.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    That's what we want, but the change is stressing Mervyn out.  He doesn't deal well with change unless he asks for it

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    this should be an easy fix add was this character in heat of battle if no log right in if yes then wait...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    I don’t have a problem with it at all, I just think it’s a non issue. It’s not a bug, it’s a minor inconvenience at worst, that happens sporadically. 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited May 2019
    The problem is when you enter your house is if you auto defend then it puts you in heat of the battle and starts the timer otherwise you can insta log another char.  I have been hit entering my house and was quick enough to just get hit only so it did not start the timer but other times I auto defend and hit the little bugger and get an auto time-out, LOL.  If you are entering a safe log-out spot like your house/inn then I do not see why auto defend should kick a timer but if you are in battle or were just in a battle and go to a safe log-out spot the the cool down should be applied.  This is by no means a game breaker but just a pain in the butt when your miner/logger comes home from a hard day at work and some silly mob hits you going in you door so you slap him upside the head and get a time out for I guess not playing nice.  LOL.