shatter potions

xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
Do something about this. This item is being used ONLY for trolling players. They go shatter pot, pop smoke bomb and repeat that untill person qiuts. So u can't do anuthing back.
This item is horrible. Nerft it so it will do 20x less or remove that completely.

1. remove shatters?24 votes
    1. yes
      45.83%
    2. no
      54.17%

Comments

• NonelNonel Posts: 26
    I suppose they can be used for trolling. Never thought of that. I

I've used them on my thief to lower the weight of a persons stack of pots so I could then steal them. Since they made potions 2-stones in weight in an effort to hurt alchemy production (and by coincidence, potion thieves!) it is rare I can steal a player's pot stack. Furthermore, my thief is entirely reliant on potions for survival. Some players have effectively used shatter potions against me to limit my ability to stick around and steal for an extended period of time.

So it seems to me that there is some tactical use to them. Perhaps having them start the hiding timer on use would be of some help? At least give you a short window to do something about it.
  • xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
    Nonel said:
    I suppose they can be used for trolling. Never thought of that. I

I've used them on my thief to lower the weight of a persons stack of pots so I could then steal them. Since they made potions 2-stones in weight in an effort to hurt alchemy production (and by coincidence, potion thieves!) it is rare I can steal a player's pot stack. Furthermore, my thief is entirely reliant on potions for survival. Some players have effectively used shatter potions against me to limit my ability to stick around and steal for an extended period of time.

So it seems to me that there is some tactical use to them. Perhaps having them start the hiding timer on use would be of some help? At least give you a short window to do something about it.
    What are u talking buddy? please the only use they have is trolling.
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    I use them on my dp char.. They are useful. 
    Summoned said:
    I use them on my dp char.. They are useful. 
    yes. another game breaking thing. poisoner shattering u out of cures so u forced to run away.
  • Game breaking?  Sounds more like an inconvenience for you being completely reliant on pots making an opening for people to easily troll you.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LMAO  What are these imagined rules to PvP that you keep referring to so things get nerfed.  What is your play style so we can get it nerfed.  UO is not about one play style only.  Are you implying that you are an honorable PvPer or did some one hand you your lunch and now you are pissed?  By the way how many years have these pots been in UO and now according to you they are only used for trolling so that means that everybody that has used these are nothing but dirty trolls.  Thank you for the good laugh.
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO  What are these imagined rules to PvP that you keep referring to so things get nerfed.  What is your play style so we can get it nerfed.  UO is not about one play style only.  Are you implying that you are an honorable PvPer or did some one hand you your lunch and now you are pissed?  By the way how many years have these pots been in UO and now according to you they are only used for trolling so that means that everybody that has used these are nothing but dirty trolls.  Thank you for the good laugh.
    shatter pot, stealth bomb, troll in chat, repeat.
    nice playstyle buddy.
  • xxxVideo said:
    Bilbo said:
    shatter pot, stealth bomb, troll in chat, repeat.
    nice playstyle buddy.
    ah I see, nerf gen chat, game breaking experience.
    lets see what are the odds of people that love to troll vs people that don't love being trolled
  • One exists because the other.  It's a fun circle.  
  • RazRaz Posts: 3
    Nonel said:
    I've used them on my thief to lower the weight of a persons stack of pots so I could then steal them. 
    Whaaat?!?! We are PvPing very often, and i never saw the person who's primary objective is to steal pots! That's an excuse. I totally agree with nerfing! They must destroy much lower amount of pots! And by the way, you can stack your pots by 1, and shatter wont do shit. We just dont want to spent our time on that useless movements, having fun in the field instead.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What a concept lets just nerf everybody's playstyle that we do not agree with because they are trolls, I am so glad that you people do not run UO or only one playstyle would be allowed.
  • TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    the only people complaining about shatter potions are the bad players that have been unable to adapt to the changing game mechanics over the years.
    the only people complaining about shatter potions are the bad players that have been unable to adapt to the changing game mechanics over the years.
    shatter pot, stealth bomb, troll in chat, repeat. good mechanics. doubt u pvp.
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    just delete it from the game .its only usefull for troll
  • LynkLynk Posts: 186
    There are valid uses for shatters, the poisoner for example, but 99% of shatters thrown are from pvpers who have been badly beaten and spirit broken and their only recourse is to shatter. 

We had someone make a tracker/detector to combat this and killed tail about 8 tines last night.  He generously replaced all the pots he shattered and then some.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please be mindful of the Terms of Service when posting.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LOL shatters are the only control against the over abundance of consumables.  If they delete all potions from the game then itll be ok to delete shatters.  If your pvp relys on potions, your just not good enough.  
    LOL shatters are the only control against the over abundance of consumables.  If they delete all potions from the game then itll be ok to delete shatters.  If your pvp relys on potions, your just not good enough.  
    since all your pvp is like zerging with triple numbers, i assume u r mad u barely can kill anyone. the reason are not consumables, the reason is u being noobish.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    For what it’s worth, I don’t have a problem with shatter potions cos I think once you get down to is it 7 potions it won’t go lower?
    However, they could maybe adjust them to shatter all poison potions in the interest of fairness. Cos 7 deadly poison potions = about 100 cure potions. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    no one use it for pvp , its only for troll.just go yew gate on atl for fun .
    you'll be shatter by the same troll again and again .there is no question of for or against potions.with character building now, no potion in open field your dead.but now with the losers doing this all daylong.the only thing to do is to remove it from the game or put a solid nerve because in the current state it's just stupid