Community focus group

The team has their own timelines on major stuff and work on our requests in downtime. We do have a lot of requests. 

Would it be a good thing to gather 15-20 players across all shards to pick an order of importance from their list and offer some light input? 

This would exclude all pvp related matters. 

1. Would you like a focus group?13 votes
    1. Yes
      38.46%
    2. No
      61.54%

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do you have a list in mind or are you trying to get a list together.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    As long as I am in the Focus Group!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Bilbo said:
    Do you have a list in mind or are you trying to get a list together.

I mean their list. At the meet and greets and on here it's request after request.

If they have 20 reasonable requests they plan to add this year with 4-5 of those per publish, a group of players could brainstorm and decide which would order would be of most importance to the community.

I'm not talking about anything major. Just the little add ons that are usually added with each publish. Something to get the community more involved and save dev time to work on major things.

nice

• TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    How about no.
    The last time they used a focus group we got Vice Versus Virtue so lets just skip focus groups please and thanks no need to ruin more of the game.
    edited May 2019
    It is called a COMMUNITY focus group, you know sponsored by the community not UO.  Kind of on the line of a sort function for Davies Locker or a more in-depth sort function for BOD books, you know little add on to help the quality of life for the community.

I guess you missed this part also "This would exclude all pvp related matters."
    How about no.
    The last time they used a focus group we got Vice Versus Virtue so lets just skip focus groups please and thanks no need to ruin more of the game.

VvV isn't perfect but it's so much better.

Remember when guilds used to join the same faction just to keep from dying? I do.

How about when it was empty until it came time to reset the sigs? Then it became a battle of which guild could stay up all night to reset the sigs.

Or when non factions could interfere with no recourse?

You also missed the part where I said the list of things they were already planning on adding anyway. But no biggie, just a thought to give a little more importance to the community.

• Urge said:
    This would exclude all pvp related matters. 

Focus group, or echo chamber?
  • Urge said:
    I couldn't disagree more

I didn't miss anything the people in the VvV focus group did a terrible job. I don't care if you want to exclude PvP related topics or not. I also think they had a focus group about endless journey and look how useless that turned out.

Why would I want to put any design system imput into a focus groups hands what if Lady Storm's dumb proposed IDOC changes made it into effect? Or what if crunchnasty is in the focus group.

There was no focus group about EJ
    edited May 2019
    I didn't miss anything the people in the VvV focus group did a terrible job. I don't care if you want to exclude PvP related topics or not. I also think they had a focus group about endless journey and look how useless that turned out.

Why would I want to put any design system imput into a focus groups hands what if Lady Storm's dumb proposed IDOC changes made it into effect? Or what if crunchnasty is in the focus group.

You saw focus group, assumed and ran with it. Read it again. I specifically stated they would pick an order of our requests from what the devs give them.

Each major patch comes with little bonus things that have usually been player suggested. My idea would be for the team to give a group the list of the many things that are 100% to already be added and chose an order which they are to be added.

Lots have been asking for a sort feature for davies. That is a player requested minor add on. Lots of people ask for new plants. A group could determine which of those two actually goes live first.

Who cares who is on it if it's just picking an order of what's coming anyway?

Urge said:
    I couldn't disagree more

To me there was more bad than good. The mostly choke fights got very stale. Ganking became a grief tool to ruin play time for 20 minutes. 

The only pros I liked about factions were the forever horses and trading points.

We have a good start. Rounds are quick. Stat is quick. The scenery changes and everyone not in your guild is the enemy. However having your horse disappear while trying to run from 5 people isn't that fun. 

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    edited May 2019
    There is only two communities, pvm and pvp.  If you exclude one that's half the gameplay being ignored.  So the OP needs to re-think this idea.
    edited May 2019
    Urge said:

You saw focus group, assumed and ran with it. Read it again. I specifically stated they would pick an order of our requests from what the devs give them.

Each major patch comes with little bonus things that have usually been player suggested. My idea would be for the team to give a group the list of the many things that are 100% to already be added and chose an order which they are to be added.

Lots have been asking for a sort feature for davies. That is a player requested minor add on. Lots of people ask for new plants. A group could determine which of those two actually goes live first.

For starters I don't want a bunch of players to pick the importance of additions the game gets and second I do not want the dev team to listen to your 'light input' on the subject. I read nothing wrong you want to be in a focus group pick the importance of requests and then offer light input to those to fit your needs.

So again no.
    edited May 2019
    @Urge you had a great idea for quality of life ideas that have ZERO impact on PvM or PvP but you know nothing can be asked for in UO without the PvPers getting their panties in a bind.  I guess they think by asking for a sort function on Davies Locker or a more in-depth sort for BOD Books must be PvM related and will totally unbalance PvP, OMG.  I also love the part that UO only has 2 communities, facepalm
    Bilbo said:
    @ Urge you had a great idea for quality of life ideas that have ZERO impact on PvM or PvP but you know nothing can be asked for in UO without the PvPers getting their panties in a bind.  I guess they think by asking for a sort function on Davies Locker or a more in-depth sort for BOD Books must be PvM related and will totally unbalance PvP, OMG.  I also love the part that UO only has 2 communities, facepalm

Thank you. I thought it would be pretty cool and time saving.

The funny thing is I pvp. That's an area I know players should have zero impact in decisions unless it's bug wise.

For the record. I wouldn't want to be part of it. I only get to play 3 days a week. Someone like Petra would be perfect though.  

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Urge said:

Those groups exist. Where do you think do features like "auto open corpses" that only works for melee character and only in the CC come from?

Lots of players can ask for a thing for years and never see it. Then the "right" players asks n it happens ASAP.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)