Loom made in China?

KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
So I'm spinning and weaving, and periodically when a bolt of cloth is completed, my loom utters something in Chinese. I sincerely hope it is not cussing me out... that would not be very amusing. Although, with all the cloth I'm weaving, I suppose the term "sweat shop" applies... heh.

Please note, I (as Tandy) made this loom myself and placed it years ago - I just decided to finally make use of the tons of wool I've been collecting.

Is not game breaking, more like, immersion breaking though.

Brought up the journal for the corresponding text.
Part of me giggles, imagining my step-Grammie (RIL) muttering as she works on her sewing for the gaggle of kids (there were 23 of us total she would make clothes for).
She immigrated from Peking (now Beijing) China in the 1920's....

omg i'm laughing so hard right now!

Tagged:

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    you know what... nm... i LIKE it like this. 
    I wanna engrave the loom though, name it "Grammy's Loom from China"

gah... been crafting too much, i'm going bonkers now...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    That is so cool and esp how it goes with your irl family story
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    It's a tool-tip issue.

pretty sure it only occurs on objects that change position or animate, but don't highlight when you mouse-over them.

easy to replicate with doors, if you single click a door, When the tool-tip appears open the door and those symbols appear above... they don't seem to show up in the journal though.

I believe it's been around since publish 101.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    well, the loom doesn't animate. but it does have stage-specific text with the more balls of yarn you add. 

is ok, made me think of Grammy so the world is right and balanced now. ;)

shows how long I've been weaving, eh? still have well over 3k wool to spin then weave.

here is hoping they never fix it esp if it does not hurt anything.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Oh My!  That is a foul mouthed Loom!  Are you going to let it say that about you!?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    It happens to me quite often with Doors....

When I open a door, at times, I get those Asian symbols and I too was wondering why and what it means....
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I get it with my doors, and also when I prune any of my plants. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    that's been happening with the loom at Luna and the doors to the tailor shop on my home shard...
    And its been doing that before Publish 101 there

Maybe it is one of those hidden easter eggs that devs love to put in their programs.  PLEASE DO NOT FIX THIS
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    I get that even opening a door!  much less my loom or spinning wheel... 
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    I really noticed it with the new flax seeds. Been spending a lot of loom time
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies