Can the Valentine's Heart gift be reverted somehow?

When this first came out, I did NOT realize that simply targeting a valentine recipient would result in a permanent commitment. On Siege, this resulted in my having a lovely reward that I can never ever use because it lost its blessed status and cannot be Siege Blessed.

Is there ANY way this can be set back to its original state? Please. 

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 22
    god what a waste of developer time to do that. wow
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I was hoping it might be a setting that already exists, that perhaps a player might know. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I wish they hadn't made those account bound...
    My husband gave me one, when we were friends and I kept it.
    After we got married, he put our song on it...
    so any time I want, I can click it...

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    What a sweet thing to do!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Those do something if you click them?  Awesome!

First how do I use it so I dont do something stupid.  Can a pet eat them?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Tempest said:
    god what a waste of developer time to do that. wow
    Go back to your PvP toy pen: your time with the adults is over for today.
    Pawain said:
    Those do something if you click them?  Awesome!

First how do I use it so I dont do something stupid.  Can a pet eat them?
    the person who owns it, can target someone and write a message on it...
    The person who you give it to, clicks it and a changeling pops out and says the message
    Wow that sounds so cool!  Ill have to find them now,  Thanks
    Someone on LS got a good one!

Thanks Tanager I never knew there was more to those than throbbing.
    temp.png 202.8K
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    She's a lucky girl! *grins*
    edited May 2019
    If you 2-click the heart, there are options to set some lines of text. You can then preview the valentine, and the pixie will pop up and say the lines. You can change the text as often as you want. Do not target anyone to give your valentine.

If you do, you will be in the same boat as me. :( 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Perhaps a similar item could be added to the UO shop?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Tanager said:
    If you 2-click the heart, there are options to set some lines of text. You can then preview the valentine, and the pixie will pop up and say the lines. You can change the text as often as you want. Do not target anyone to give your valentine.

I went and checked my chars I have on Siege and I didn't have one or it would yours. :( I usually just log in and give the gifts to the first person I see there.
    Tanager said:

So I can write on one and keep it and the Pixie says what I tell it to. Oh this is good!  >:)
    Gidge said:
    Tanager said:

I went and checked my chars I have on Siege and I didn't have one or it would yours. :( I usually just log in and give the gifts to the first person I see there.
    Thanks, but they only work for the character they belong to. I have been told recently that they were never blessed on Siege, after all. I could have sworn mine was before I ''gave away my heart'' but maybe I just lost my marbles.

Rorschach said:
    Perhaps a similar item could be added to the UO shop?
    I would pay good money for such a thing! *hint hint*
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Tanager said:
    Gidge said:
    Tanager said:

Thanks, but they only work for the character they belong to. I have been told recently that they were never blessed on Siege, after all. I could have sworn mine was before I ''gave away my heart'' but maybe I just lost my marbles.
    You are correct.  On both Siege and Mugen, the unused arrows are blessed.  Here's one on Siege.

I mean the Throbbing Heart from 2009. I didn't know the arrows did anything though. Mine says now that I may not use it out of season, so I am guessing February? Does it go away if I use it, or can I use it over an over?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Every February you should be able to use it, the arrow.  I did last Feb.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Tanager said:
    I mean the Throbbing Heart from 2009. I didn't know the arrows did anything though. Mine says now that I may not use it out of season, so I am guessing February? Does it go away if I use it, or can I use it over an over?
    I'm not sure on the arrow.  I know I tried it out when we got them, but that's all I ever did.  I checked again on Siege and Mugen and can't find any of the throbbing hearts.  I think I threw them away for cleanup points.
    edited May 2019
    the arrow is only useable in the month of February...
    And you can use it over and over again.
    And they are not account bound, so if you buy one from a vendor, you can use it
    (the throbbing heart can be bought from a vendor, but you can't use it, since its account bound)

Sometimes it gives you a message about having to wait, but you just do it again
    And you can target yourself...
    I have one that  says Patrick Star is in love with Patrick Star lol
    (a char I used to have, accidently targeted himself)

I made some Arrows and stuck them in a Dartboard:

Well, I will have some fun with the arrows come February. I missed the event when they were given out, and never did find out what they did lol. Thanks!