EM Events discussion thread

2»

Comments

• NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Event Moderators became Item Moderators within 3-4 years of the 2nd EM program. Greedy players, uninterested in RP and storyline, caused this with their silly pixel-crack addiction. Look at reward drops for the first few seasons. Some shards went a couple months without dropping an item because a monthly drop wasn't required of them. They spent their time writing solid fiction and planning 6-7 RP events per month instead of competing to see how much their drop would be worth on the trade forum. Now, having that monthly drop is pretty much their job description with everything else being a bonus.

Fortunately there are still some good ones. EM Malachi is probably the best remaining EM regarding UO lore. Barnaby was awesome with roleplay on Catskills but I think he's gone now. Faine Morgan has planned out some awesome events over the many years. EM Takako from Formosa may have been the most energetic EM I've ever seen! These EMs were more event focused and kept themselves clear of the corrupt BS that almost always seems to focus around these silly item drops.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    EM events are nothing more than a way for Rare's "collectors"/Gold sellers to turn a profit. 1) Go to event. 2) Wait for Champ to spawn. 3) Gate in all your other characters. 4) Kill champ. 5) Sell drop for gold. 6) Sell gold for $$$. Rinse and repeat.

I am NOT saying ALL the rares collectors do it, but I KNOW of at least 4 of the "big ones" who DO sell gold. It's very sad that @Mesanna and the rest of the developers turn a "blind eye" to it. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Posts: 36
    Please for the love of god make these drops participation based and not just 10 or 20 out of the 150 who came. I’m sick to my stomach to see events I attended and worked at and got nothing and those drops being sold for 175m by people not even native to the shard on atl... why is this even a thing??!!! Just makes me not want to waste my time going to these events and just buy the ones I want off atl... yes kill the average players enthusiasm that’s the spirit. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:

EM events in Felucca should have a temporary Trammel rule set around the area the event is taking place at so PKer's can not show up and ruin the event by killing other players.  They can still show up and participate in the event but they can not kill other players.

Then why have it in Fel to begin with and this is coming from a Trammie

There are champ areas that are only in Fel or have a Fel rule set like Primeval Lich. 

The last EM Event I went to was set up in the Fel Khaldun. I was killed by a PK'er as I was exiting the dungeon. That turned me off to doing any more EM events.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TimSt said:
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:

EM events in Felucca should have a temporary Trammel rule set around the area the event is taking place at so PKer's can not show up and ruin the event by killing other players.  They can still show up and participate in the event but they can not kill other players.

There are champ areas that are only in Fel or have a Fel rule set like Primeval Lich. 

The last EM Event I went to was set up in the Fel Khaldun. I was killed by a PK'er as I was exiting the dungeon. That turned me off to doing any more EM events.
    I am kind of scratching my head on this one, you know what Fel is like and you still go there and you get killed and you blame the EM Event for it.  Here is a Fel FACT, YOU will DIE when going to Fel and you have only yourself to blame.  If you do not want to die in Fel then stay out of Fel.  I am a diehard Trammie and I know that if I go to Fel I will die, so if I go to Fel and die then I guess it is the PKers fault even though I know what Fel is like.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2019
    Please for the love of god make these drops participation based and not just 10 or 20 out of the 150 who came. I’m sick to my stomach to see events I attended and worked at and got nothing and those drops being sold for 175m by people not even native to the shard on atl... why is this even a thing??!!! Just makes me not want to waste my time going to these events and just buy the ones I want off atl... yes kill the average players enthusiasm that’s the spirit. 
    And that is exactly what they want. The EMs and Rares people know each other. One server's rare collector is another server's EM. They don't want the precious drops go to someone not fueling their RMT cycles.

Developers know who is who but just turn a blind eye.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:
    And that is exactly what they want. The EMs and Rares people know each other. One server's rare collector is another server's EM. They don't want the precious drops go to someone not fueling their RMT cycles.

Developers know who is who but just turn a blind eye.
    I know of a current EM who has "ties" to a 3rd party, UO gold and item selling site! It is absolutly pitiful that is allowed to continue.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    This thread is for discussing the EM Events, not conspiracy theories about the honesty of the particular EMs.  If you have definitive proof of misconduct send it to mesanna@broadsword.com. It is not a topic for these forums.
  • AnglesWingsAnglesWings Posts: 22
    I am very unhappy the way things are.
    I have to agree with the OP with his main post, i went to that event as well, the EM was totally lost with the event, he tried to put 300 people inside a boat, didnt work, we all asked him to than drop a gate from the pier to the boat, he didnt listen or understood. After at least 40 min of non sense, he finally open a gate where the boss would be and ofc you see the same Event crew gating their army of throwers . 
    But the EM had a boss that pretty much drag u to the water or nearby raw boat and instant death.
    But I have to agree, the normal players are losing the interest, because is the same 4, 5 people at all events with their army and you dont need to be any detective to find out who they are. Is always the same 4 people selling at their atl vendors on luna and bot gated castle over and over and over.
    So really what is the point
    Mariah said:
    This thread is for discussing the EM Events, not conspiracy theories about the honesty of the particular EMs.  If you have definitive proof of misconduct send it to mesanna@ broadsword.com. It is not a topic for these forums.
    That's the problem, I DID!
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    At that time, we had several PvP/spawn raider groups on the shard.  I always thought it woulda been cool, and fun, had he hired one of them to protect the event from just such happenings.  Then we would have had the event, it would have included everyone, and wouolda been a good show =).
    this is a cool idea.
    back in the day (pre-tram), miners would hire me to protect them as they made their rounds... 

problem though, some ppl may call it favortism...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:

I am kind of scratching my head on this one, you know what Fel is like and you still go there and you get killed and you blame the EM Event for it.  Here is a Fel FACT, YOU will DIE when going to Fel and you have only yourself to blame.  If you do not want to die in Fel then stay out of Fel.  I am a diehard Trammie and I know that if I go to Fel I will die, so if I go to Fel and die then I guess it is the PKers fault even though I know what Fel is like.

There was no indication that the event was going to happen in Fel. A blue gate opened up in Trammel Britain and everyone went through and ended up in Fel in a location you could not recall from. So who is to blame: the EM who did not post anything about the event taking place in Fel, the player who trusted a blue gate would not take him to Fel, or the PKer's who showed up to take advantage of the situation?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TimSt said:
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:
    Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:

There was no indication that the event was going to happen in Fel. A blue gate opened up in Trammel Britain and everyone went through and ended up in Fel in a location you could not recall from. So who is to blame: the EM who did not post anything about the event taking place in Fel, the player who trusted a blue gate would not take him to Fel, or the PKer's who showed up to take advantage of the situation?
    OK I stand corrected.  No way that should have been a blue gate.  Totally understand now and I would have been irate also.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 94
    On Rewards & How to get them:

For new/returning players, going to EM events is probably the fastest way to get enough start-up gold.

There are 3 things you should do during the boss fight:
    1. Do some damage to the boss.
    2. Get yourself hurt.
    3. Heal other players/pets.

As long as you do all of the above - even if not the highest amount HP - you still have a good chance of getting a reward. That's the beauty of it. It's random regardless of how well trained/equipped your char is (but probably unlikely for a totally naked/untrained char)

The reward will be dropped in your backpack upon boss death, (and if at the time you are also dead) you will get a message saying you got something and it will be in your backpack when you get res'd. So, there is no need to worry about finding your corpses.

One time I took a new player to an event and he died like hundred times but gotten TWO drops on the same char (and I got none). I've never heard of two drops on one char before. But it's true, because he gave me one (to thank me) and put the other in his house.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 94

JUST TODAY before I was ready to send this sad muted harp away, I gave it one last click...and....

....and.........

...it played music!

It played music!

It played music!

Hooray, Iolo will be happy to know this!

And I decided to keep it :-)

Thanks!

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    [quote]And lets take a moment to talk about "grabbing HP bar" thing. Some players still prefer using CC, and giving players a chance to grab the boss HP bar is really important. Some EMs are decent to know this and would always allow a countdown, while some EMs simply dont care. Even in EC, necro critters can show as "murderer" and this can add to our confusion. AND at times I've seen bosses with other HP color bar. (For events, I only show "murderer" or red HP bar, but occasionally we still see grey event critters) This is annoying.[/quote]

I seen only one EM event where the EM put the Boss in a Box for 30 seconds so everyone can get the bar, and I love that idea, my main problem with most bosses is they are yellow tag so you get the bar, but when they go red the bar vanishes and you spend several moments trying to get it back, many time I just give up and start casting area attacks in hopes of causing enough damage.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598