Devs, please give us information on the EJ bank box.

KHANKHAN Posts: 510
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
After a chat with several guild mates, some general chat comments, and confusion after reading some forums, some questions have come up. 

1) Does the EJ include ANY bank box or not? There seems to be some misunderstanding there. 

2) If the EJ DOES include some sort of a bank box, will it include items that were left in the bank the last time that character logs in on a PAYING account?

3) If a player logs into an old account under the EJ status, what happens to the items that were in the bank box of that character when it was a "paying" account?

4) If a player takes an old paying account, opens it as an EJ account, and then at some point decides to reopen it as a paying account, what is the status of the items that were in the bank box originally? Do they lose the original items if they open the account as EJ, or will those items be waiting for them if they resubscribe?

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix can someone please respond with some answers. Thanks.
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2018
    hrm... need a follow button too...
    would rather not put some random comment just so I can get a clue in when this updates.

ahh well.

would like to know responses to this as yes, I have a good dozen or so accounts that may or may not be EJ'd or re-activated over the summer.. so yeah... all those stuffs in those banks don't want to lose.

(ayuh, we all getting a bit too used to social media!)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Kirthag the STAR to the right of the thread bookmarks it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    EJ has no bank box if its a new toon. 

An old account changing to EJ can see in their bank and remove stuff.  But, can not put stuff back in.

The items in the bank as we know it will stay there if you do not remove them.  EJ or just an expired account.

EJ can buy vault space in a new building in Brit.  Have to pay monthly.  Those items will be up for auction if not paid.

Mesannna confirmed in a meet and greet that bank box items will not disappear.  She knows those are important items on a closed account.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Pawain said:
    EJ has no bank box if its a new toon. 

An old account changing to EJ can see in their bank and remove stuff.  But, can not put stuff back in.

The items in the bank as we know it will stay there if you do not remove them.  EJ or just an expired account.

EJ can buy vault space in a new building in Brit.  Have to pay monthly.  Those items will be up for auction if not paid.

Mesannna confirmed in a meet and greet that bank box items will not disappear.  She knows those are important items on a closed account.
    As of right now on TC, you can't see your bank at all, you can see how much gold you have..the rest is accurate as far as what was said at the party but that could change as they tweak

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The last line on that gump is an addition, allowing EJ players to add gold to their currency account. The usual 'withdraw' command works too.
    Mariah said:
    The last line on that gump is an addition, allowing EJ players to add gold to their currency account. The usual 'withdraw' command works too.
    Right but you can't take items out of your bank, the bank box doesn't even open so you only have access to your gold, which makes sense.

From what I remember being said, the vault storage is a 75 item monthly storage rental (No clue as to cost but hopefully it's not TOO high) with an additional....I can't remember how much, storage upgrade that was going to be put in the store for EJ accounts.

I think that they should be given an initial 25 item storage for free, it's not that much but enough to store basic items, then add the monthly rental on top of that with even more storage in the store.

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited March 2018
    Last line of the message should read. 

Visit UO.com for more information on Endless Journey account restrictions and how to upgrade your account! 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    @mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak Any information to be passed on from official channels?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

My understanding is EJ is to give possible new account players a longer time to decide if they like the game enough to join the rest of us in the paying side of things... 

Many of the people asking for bigger limits and more access to things is more to modeling the EJ as a easy way to play for free and not support the game in the long run.  Its fine that yes they are giving more options in the ingame store to let the new and returning EJ players get a taste. This I think is not meant to be a permanent position for accounts.  This is not meant to be F2P but as stated above. A way for the old and new player who has no idea and little time a day to play to build a feel and liking for UO. 

Without paying accounts UO will slip too far I fear for EA to take.

My understanding is EJ is to give possible new account players a longer time to decide if they like the game enough to join the rest of us in the paying side of things... 

Many of the people asking for bigger limits and more access to things is more to modeling the EJ as a easy way to play for free and not support the game in the long run.  Its fine that yes they are giving more options in the ingame store to let the new and returning EJ players get a taste. This I think is not meant to be a permanent position for accounts.  This is not meant to be F2P but as stated above. A way for the old and new player who has no idea and little time a day to play to build a feel and liking for UO. 

Without paying accounts UO will slip too far I fear for EA to take.

I understand what EJ is. This post is to hopefully clear up/get some information regarding the BANK BOXES for the EJ players.
    From what I understand the Dev do stop in the TC!    this might be a good place to ask.. or send in a e mail to kyronix... 
    edited March 2018
    From what I understand the Dev do stop in the TC!    this might be a good place to ask.. or send in a e mail to kyronix... 
    Well, since this IS supposed to be the "official" UO forum, I felt it would be better to ask for a response from a dev, so that EVERYONE on the forum has the opportunity to see. Rather than spreading second hand information. Silly me!

Somehow it got all jumbled together. 

Isn't that what these forums are for? We ALL want to know, not just those who happen to be on TC when he is...an official word to the playerbase...I know what was said at the party, I also know what was said in a still under NDA forum...but the select few doesn't let us ALL know....

Like I said before, we just have to wait until it's published on TC, with that it will be added to the patch notes and we'll all know then, it's going to take time so we just have to be patient!

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    Larisa said:
    Isn't that what these forums are for? We ALL want to know, not just those who happen to be on TC when he is...an official word to the playerbase...I know what was said at the party, I also know what was said in a still under NDA forum...but the select few doesn't let us ALL know....

+1  :)

But we normal peons are used to being left out anyway.... good practice to drive players off....
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    So the way round it would be to open 2 Endless Journey accounts. One to be the main account with the character etc. and a second account to use the characters backpack as the bank/storage for the main one.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2018
    DJAd said:
    So the way round it would be to open 2 Endless Journey accounts. One to be the main account with the character etc. and a second account to use the characters backpack as the bank/storage for the main one.

Yeah, that'll be just like D3. One toon is your main, the other 12 are to hold different sets/combo's for your main.

Breakout the spread sheet!

-Arroth
    Haha  people do that now!     What I was saying about going to TC1 was I had just seen a Dev talking to a player... If you needed info wouldn't that be a quicker way to find it?
  • ButcherButcher Posts: 28
    I’m also wondering what happens to a house tied to an account when it goes from subbed to EJ.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    The account has to not have an active sub for longer than the house decay period.  Your scenario that you're asking about wouldn't happen.

But that could also have implications on the no house decay months they tend to do.
    Butcher said:
    I’m also wondering what happens to a house tied to an account when it goes from subbed to EJ.
    Your house would be gone before your account could go EJ.  House decay is what 90 after account ends and EJ is 120 days after account ends.
    DEVs when we open dormant accounts under EJ how long will we have to get stuff out of our bank boxes or will they always be there but we can't put stuff in.