Keep Contest Judging

KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
Why do some keeps eject me? They are public, I actually was guided to a few personally to look over and they are set public and seem to be okay - but when using the stone in Brit, get the ejected message.

Might damper some of the judging.

Also, the names on the keeps are not reflected on the stone accurately - my own included. Just saying...
Tagged:

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    I guess the judging started later than I thought. I most likely misread the info. I will have to take a look tomorrow. Good luck all. I look forward to some great entries.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I got ejected from my own keep twice. On the third attempt it let me in.
    That is weird. Did you report it to someone? I hope they fix it quickly. Not good when trying to vote and cant get into the house to see what is in there, and how things look on the inside.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Is it a rejection or is somebody/something blocking landing spot
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    a couple of the plots are placed real close to either water or a mountain...
    just move to a different spot and try again...
    when I was doing it last night, someone else appeared there a second or two after me...
    maybe we were both trying it at the same time.
    most of the time I just stood below the stone and made it in...
    if you stand above it, then it usually places you inside the structure.
    And if a wall is in that exact spot, it bumps you back out.
  • Im sad my keeps dont show the names I put on the sign. I entered the competition first days and put the name on well a veek before it ended and still doesnt show on the sign. Many others are unnamed and I bet that many had the same thing happening.

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

It appears to me that the name only gets saved if it was named before entering the design into the contest.  Afterwards, additional customizing commits and saves do not edit the name saved.

I entered two keeps.  One I named before I entered the contest and its name is displayed on the stone in the commons.  The second one I didn't name until a few days after I entered it.  Its name is not displayed on the stone even though I probably committed the design an additional 25 times after entering it.

The travel mechanism is severely wonky.  It's especially bad if the house sign in right next to a mountainside.  I got the message "you've been ejected from this house" many times.  I landed inside the house several times and I even landed inside the house next door once.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm not sure why some of the teleports bounce, but keep trying, you will get there in the end. Ezekiel_Zane is correct, you need to name your house before you enter it into the contest, further edits to the house sign are not saved.
    DARN!!!!. That means my house has no name. Oh well, live and learn. 
  • Is that stated somewhere ? I never heard of it until now. I had it happen last round as well but thought I had done something wrong after all.  Does it have to be this way?
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    It's in the instructions..     I do hope many like mine... hehe