Great Lakes Monthly Fishing Tournament [Updated]

announcementpng

The Great Lakes Monthly Fishing Tournament has begun!

A brand new player-run event brought to Great Lakes by Lady Tweety and Lord Dangling Worm!

The rules are simple:

Each month, fishermen and women of any skill level are encouraged to get their boats ready to set sail and fish up one Rare or one Legendary fish!

(Inquiring Minds: the Rare Fish category also includes Lobsters and Crabs.)

Each month's tournament will begin on the first day of the month.

Participants can drop off their bounty in the mailboxes at the Fishing Tournament House just south of Ice Dungeon - Trammel.

01jpg

02jpg

As the month progresses, the largest fish in each category will be put on display so participants can see what weight to beat.

The tournament will end on the penultimate day every month to give Lady Tweety and Lord Dangling Worm a chance to announce winners, award prizes, and share what Rare and Legendary fish will be the next month's goals.

(Penultimate is the next to last day, for those who don't want to dust off their dictionaries.)

Each month's winners will choose the target fish for the next month in their category.

Prizes are to be awarded monthly to the top two fish in each category -
to be provided by Lady Tweety.
(donations for prizes are welcome but not necessary)

Any questions can be private messaged to the poster of this announcement or directed to Lady Tweety or Lord Dangling Worm on Great Lakes.

Good Luck and Good Fishing!
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• January, 2019:
    Rare Fish: Holy Mackerel
    Winner: Hello My Name Is (186 stones)
    Runner-Up: Princess (178 stones)

Legendary: Kingfish
    Winner: Princess (178 stones)
    Runner-Up: Lea Waverdancer (151 stones)
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • February, 2019:
    Rare Fish: Fire Fish
    Winner:Jillian (197 stones)
    Runner-Up: Dangling Worm (192 stones)

Legendary: Blue Marlin
    Winner: Baxter (188 stones)
    Runner-Up: Daletta (146 stones)

[[Apologies for the delay in updating.]]
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    When is the next fishing Tournament?
  • Arron said:
    When is the next fishing Tournament?
    — It starts over the first of every month. So April 1st will be the first day of April’s tournament.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• March, 2019:
    Rare Fish: Yellowtail Barracuda
    Winner: Bowtruckle (190 stones)
    Runner-Up: Antonio (188 stones)

Legendary Fish: Giant Samurai Fish
    Winner: Dangling Worm (131 stones)
    Runner-Up: Fishemup Matt (72 stones)
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

What are the requirements to enter? Is there a sign up form or enterance fee?
    Also what are we fishing for this month? Which Legendary or rare Fish is the target?
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    April, 2019:
    Rare Fish: Giant Koi
    Winner: Bowtruckle (194 stones)
    Runner-Up: Lea Wavedancer (180 stones)

Legendary Fish: Spring Dragonfish
    Winner: Lea Wavedancer (124 stones)
    Runner-Up: Daletta (22 stones)

[[runes to the Great Lakes Monthly Fishing Contest Fishing House are locked down on the steps of Heilige Vendors, The Church, Hearts Vendors, and many other locations!]]
    ~ Jennifer-Marie