Your bank box is currently over it's item limit

"Your bank box is currently over its item limit as a result, you will not be able to remove any items at this time" 

Is this some kind of joke? A returning player comes back to the game and wouldn't even be able to take anything out of their bank if they have 21 items in it without having to resubscribe, and then they would have to wait another 3 months after their account went down to play on it as an EJ. 

Comments

• Check the In-game store, look for vault token, Google the info on it so you don't get confused and lose your stuff.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    And EJ has been out for how long and this subject has been brought up how many times.  You want all your goodies then sub.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Bilbo said:
    And EJ has been out for how long and this subject has been brought up how many times.  You want all your goodies then sub.
    How many things every year get changed that have been around for longer than endless journey? 

It's not my goodies, all my accounts are subbed. But from a friends perspective who wanted to play on his account now that endless journey is around. 

Them: "So to get the items I need out of my bank i have to sub..."
    Me: "Yes"
    Them: "Then after my subscription ends I can play endless journey"
    Me: "No, you have to wait 3 months for any potential house you had to fall" 
    Them: "Never mind then, I'll go play something else"

He had all of his soulstones and weapon sets in his bank. 

What is the point of endless journey if not to try and get Vets to come back. The bank is already insanely limited.It makes 0 SENSE to limit them pulling items out of the bank.It is still DATA being stored whether it is in the bank or not. 

• If broadsword didn't want to make any money, yeah that would be a cool idea.  
    Check the In-game store, look for vault token, Google the info on it so you don't get confused and lose your stuff.
    The Vaults are Convoluted Nonsense that wouldn't of been necessary had they just made a separate bank for endless journey accounts with limited weight and limited # of items.

No where in this does it say that using the vault would allow my friend to remove items from his overcrowded bank. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    King_Greg said:

No where in this does it say that using the vault would allow my friend to remove items from his overcrowded bank. 
    That is why I wrote this page:

Mariah said:
    King_Greg said:

That is why I wrote this page:

If it lets you remove items from an overcrowded bank, you might add a note directly stating that. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The bank box in the image is on test center, it clearly shows bank contents of 386 items. How more overcrowded would you like it to be?
    Mariah said:
    The bank box in the image is on test center, it clearly shows bank contents of 386 items. How more overcrowded would you like it to be?
    To the point that a player who is returning and cant get items from their bank can look on the endless journey page to learn  how they can access the items. Having to jump to the player wiki to an item that isn't even referenced on the endless journey page, to see a picture of an overloaded bank on test center is not an acceptable response to a veteran, much less a player who hasn't even heard of a vault. 

Vaults aren't mentioned on the Main endless journey page

It's not a part of the frequently asked questions despite being brought up several times

In the message that you receive in game  it does not mention that you can use a vault to remove the items, Only that you will NOT be able to remove any items at this time. 

If the vaults do work for removing items from overloaded banks on Endless journey accounts, they are poorly marketed towards the intended clients. 

I appreciate everything that you have done for the Wiki and for these forums, but player wiki's should not be necessary for something this basic. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    King_Greg said:

If the vaults do work for removing items from overloaded banks on Endless journey accounts, they are poorly marketed towards the intended clients

I appreciate everything that you have done for the Wiki and for these forums, but player wiki's should not be necessary for something this basic. 
    ((added emphasis))
    Ahh.... the need of a professional marketer is very much an ignored topic over at Broadsword. 
    ((says the professional marketer))
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It makes no sense at all that an overloaded bank box can't be accessed. You should be able to remove all of the items down to the EM limit and then you CANT put any more back in until you drop below. Penalizing someone for filling their bank box years and years before EJ was even a thought, is wrong. There are so many more ways to make money after EJ was released than this.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834

https://uo.com/endless-journey/

What happens to my bank if I am a veteran account and decide to close my account?

Nothing. Your bank will remain waiting for you until you decide to re-subscribe.

Bilbo said:

https://uo.com/endless-journey/

What happens to my bank if I am a veteran account and decide to close my account?

Nothing. Your bank will remain waiting for you until you decide to re-subscribe.

Yes, thank you for pointing out that even that doesn't mention the vaults being used to access the items once your account goes EJ. Just more misinformation. 
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Seems crazy that the people who are most penalised are the ones that previously had a paid subscription. New EJ players have no problem using their box. I don't know any other game where the free-to-play model stops you from using your bank at all, they just limit what you can put in.
    They should have thought this through better.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited May 2019

The whole Endless Journey, bank vault dynamic is basically a lame ol' bait & switch scam.

The entire point of EJ was/is that it's free to play.  No, as a previous player, more likely it's, "use your bank box."  Sure, give us $3 and we'll let you take your stuff out.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    jaytin said:
    Seems crazy that the people who are most penalised are the ones that previously had a paid subscription. New EJ players have no problem using their box. I don't know any other game where the free-to-play model stops you from using your bank at all, they just limit what you can put in.
    They should have thought this through better.
    actually I made an EJ account, just to test out some of the stuff...
    The first day I filled up her bank box with stacks of blank scrolls
    (without paying attention to what was in her bank box upon creation)
    the next day I logged on and couldn't take anything out...
    cause I was over the limit...
    there was items in there that wasn't in there before...
    I was actually glad that I was able to purchase a vault token, cause then I could take out the 9K worth of blank scrolls the char had... and now I have a vault receipt that I can put on display at my guild's museum

And I have heard some people, when they first came back because of EJ, say that EJ let them see which of their accounts that they wanted to reactivate... just by being able to login... And I know some of them actually ended up reactivating their accounts....

it wasn't started to give players the game for free... it was done that way to bring people back to the game... And it has been working... (I know a few PVP'ers have returned, but mostly non PVPers is who I'm referring to)