Time Of Legend Recipe Scrolls

Hey here is a REALLY NICE IDEA for the UO Store how about putting all the dumb recipe scrolls in there so people can actually have all of the scrolls

Comments

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    edited April 2019
    Or, into the T-map chests?

After all, I was able to get the "Stone Anvil (East)" recipe from a T-map chest (before they talked about fixing getting it from Heartwood quests, and have gotten recipe scrolls for the "Bone Machete" from chests, without having to do the quest outside the Blighted Grove.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Basara said:
    Or, into the T-map chests
    I'd be happy with this solution.
  • caglecagle Posts: 30
    If you all like this then bump it up and keep it visiable.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    The way the publish notes are written, legacy recipe scrolls are only going to appear in two chests: Supply and Cache level chests with the Artisan profession package.  Would be nice for the Eodon recipe scrolls to show up in the chests, but with the way things go around here, they would only show up on those two types of chests that you dig up in Eodon.  

I think we will be seeing a lot fewer recipe scrolls being available once this publish hits and I doubt many people will want to go back to doing Heartwood quests to get them.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    The trouble with the rare recipe's in the two super high end chests is the only ones getting them are the Powerfull players who will do as they have done sense they found a great way to rip the little guy off every time they came out...charge us through the nose for them. 
    IDK about you but I refuse to pay 175 mill for something I cant recoup the funds on in my UO life time!  And yes they are charging quite a bit for something that is only good for a select crafter. I do not put it past the same thing happening again with this.   Id prefer a rare random chance to get the recipe's in a fishing chest or t map chest. NO not a 7 if you please... they are so rare too.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    The trouble with the rare recipe's in the two super high end chests is the only ones getting them are the Powerfull players who will do as they have done sense they found a great way to rip the little guy off every time they came out...charge us through the nose for them. 
    IDK about you but I refuse to pay 175 mill for something I cant recoup the funds on in my UO life time!  And yes they are charging quite a bit for something that is only good for a select crafter. I do not put it past the same thing happening again with this.   Id prefer a rare random chance to get the recipe's in a fishing chest or t map chest. NO not a 7 if you please... they are so rare too.

Which are these Recipes that you are talking about ?
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Inquiring minds want to know.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I am betting some or all of the Zippy recipes.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    The only recipes I know selling for near that, is the Doom recipes
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    *votes for Eodon recipes being added to Eodon chests*

Tanager said:

*Agrees*
  • *votes for Eodon chests being added to Felucca chests*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    I don't have any of those recipes. I guess I am a bad crafter ;(  ;)

I have been trying to get the Eodon recipes for about 2 years now. I missed the initial launch, where a lot of people were running around the new expansion and so were getting and selling them. Now it is essentially a ghost land, so they are somewhat hard to get.

I can repeat Zippy enough times that I will eventually have the the alchemy set - but that is just the ''completist" in me, cuz nobody uses those potions. The tailor drop ones tho are killing me. They are the ones I actually want, and the only way to get them is hour after hour of grind. I only need a few at this point, so when I do get a drop it is usually one I already have and so it goes to a guildmate. And that is assuming my hour or two of farming does not reward me with an armor set piece instead.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Tanager said:

me to
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I spoke several time in the past at the M&Gs about  the drop rate of the Eodon recipes, and they will look into it.  Been trying for ages to get the evening gown one on Siege.  No one is selling them either so I would love to see something anything that would get us those recipes.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    If they put the Zippy recipes in chests they need to remove them from Zippy rewards.  That would make those rewards a non reward.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Popps  the recipe's go as far back as Bane ..did you know the blackrock stew is among this...
    All the recipe's my crafter's could make are out of their price range... no I am not paying 75m for 1 potion recipe!  id never make the gold back!  
    Pawain  I understand your thinking and yes that might be the case and the dev I am sure will raise that point to not do so... and even not think of the rest of the recipe's out there of the rare variety.
    Now way back when they first put the Nights Kiss, Sea horse, Anchor and all those chest hopefuls they put a randomizer and the chests were mostly lower end.. it was hard to get a good drop. You had to work the fishing … now maybe that might go over better with the Dev.  

@Lady_Storm, nothing in the publish notes says that the Eodon recipe scrolls are going to spawn in treasure chests.  It talks only about "legacy recipe scrolls."   However, if the Eodon recipe scrolls are added to treasure chests with Publish 105, the way you would get them would be to dig up Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache chests and cross your fingers that they are included as part of the loot. 

The Artisan theme is going to be one of five themes.  The Supply chests are the second level of chests under the new scheme and will include what were formerly Expertly Drawn and Adeptly Drawn chests. The Cache chests are the third level of chests under the new scheme and will include what were formerly Cleverly and Deviously Drawn chests. 

The next two higher levels of chests will be Horde (formerly Ingeniously Drawn) and Trove (formerly Diabolically Drawn) chests.  You won't have a chance to get legacy recipe scrolls out of the first, fourth, or fifth levels of chests or from any chests out of the Assassin, Mage, Ranger, or Warrior themes.  So, to sum up, there will be 25 combinations of levels and themes under the new scheme and only 2 of those combinations (Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache) will have a small chance at including legacy recipe scrolls.  If the dev team decides to include Eodon recipe scrolls and limit their availability to Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache chests dug up in Eodon, well the chances of getting those recipe scrolls just got very, very, very small.
    .Pawain said:
    If they put the Zippy recipes in chests they need to remove them from Zippy rewards.  That would make those rewards a non reward.
    Leave the potion ones as the quest rewards. Add the ''drop'' ones to the chest.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Wow, they didn't complicate Treasure Chests at all lol...sigh...smh...wth...and all of the others....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Margrette said:

@ Lady_Storm, nothing in the publish notes says that the Eodon recipe scrolls are going to spawn in treasure chests.  It talks only about "legacy recipe scrolls."   However, if the Eodon recipe scrolls are added to treasure chests with Publish 105, the way you would get them would be to dig up Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache chests and cross your fingers that they are included as part of the loot. 

The Artisan theme is going to be one of five themes.  The Supply chests are the second level of chests under the new scheme and will include what were formerly Expertly Drawn and Adeptly Drawn chests. The Cache chests are the third level of chests under the new scheme and will include what were formerly Cleverly and Deviously Drawn chests. 

The next two higher levels of chests will be Horde (formerly Ingeniously Drawn) and Trove (formerly Diabolically Drawn) chests.  You won't have a chance to get legacy recipe scrolls out of the first, fourth, or fifth levels of chests or from any chests out of the Assassin, Mage, Ranger, or Warrior themes.  So, to sum up, there will be 25 combinations of levels and themes under the new scheme and only 2 of those combinations (Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache) will have a small chance at including legacy recipe scrolls.  If the dev team decides to include Eodon recipe scrolls and limit their availability to Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache chests dug up in Eodon, well the chances of getting those recipe scrolls just got very, very, very small.
    @Margrette

Hallo, you seem to be quite knowledged about the upcoming changes, particularly about Artisans' Treasure Maps and Chests...

I have been trying to get a comment on this by @Kyronix but, so far (not sure why...), I have received no comment on this....

Do you know, by any chance, "why", at least apparently, Artisans' Chest of any level do NOT contain Mondain's Legacy resources (normal AND special) while, instead, they have been found in Assassins' and Warriors'/Barbarians' Chests ?

I mean, Crafters (Artisans...) one would think, would be precisely those needing more and making best use of these "Crafters' Resources".... right ?

Yet, Artisans' Chests seem not to have them but Assassins' and Warriors'/Barbarians' Chests would ?

And this is supposed to make sense ?

Please, explain to me how....
    popps said:

Hallo, you seem to be quite knowledged about the upcoming changes, particularly about Artisans' Treasure Maps and Chests...

I have been trying to get a comment on this by @ Kyronix but, so far (not sure why...), I have received no comment on this....

Do you know, by any chance, "why", at least apparently, Artisans' Chest of any level do NOT contain Mondain's Legacy resources (normal AND special) while, instead, they have been found in Assassins' and Warriors'/Barbarians' Chests ?

I mean, Crafters (Artisans...) one would think, would be precisely those needing more and making best use of these "Crafters' Resources".... right ?

Yet, Artisans' Chests seem not to have them but Assassins' and Warriors'/Barbarians' Chests would ?

I don't know, popps.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:
    Margrette said:

@ Lady_Storm, nothing in the publish notes says that the Eodon recipe scrolls are going to spawn in treasure chests.  It talks only about "legacy recipe scrolls."   However, if the Eodon recipe scrolls are added to treasure chests with Publish 105, the way you would get them would be to dig up Artisan Supply and Artisan Cache chests and cross your fingers that they are included as part of the loot. 

@ Margrette

I have been trying to get a comment on this by @ Kyronix but, so far (not sure why...), I have received no comment on this....

That would reduce the incentive to do the Peerless content.  Most of the time you just get resources.  

T hunting is not supposed to replace all the other content!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2019
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Margrette said:

@ Margrette

That would reduce the incentive to do the Peerless content.  Most of the time you just get resources.  

Assassins' and Barbarian/Warrior Treasure Maps, as seen on Test Server, WILL have Mondain's Legacy Resources so, this is already a set thing that Treasure Maps have Mondain's Legacy resources (normal and special).

Which is a good and much needed addition.

The thing is, that, to my viewing, Mondain's Legacy Resources should spawn first and foremost in Crafters' Treasure Chests which will be the Artisans' Treasure Chests, instead of Assassins and Barbarians'/Warriors' Treasure Chests....

I mean, I am very ok if Mondain's Legacy resources (normal and special) will "also" spawn in other Professions' Treasure Chests, I do not have any problem with that, my point is, though, that they should, first and foremost spawn in Artisans' Treasure Chest (the Crafters' Treasure Chests...) and THEN also in other Chests if wanted...... but absolutely and without a doubt, I think that they should PRIMARILY spawn in Crafters' Treasure Chests which, as I understand it, will be Artisans' Treasure Chests.
    Popps to answer your question in a general way is this... 
    Dev team play the game, EM's play the game … GM's too … Past and present players connected to the game in any way were at times were given insights to the workings.... some that made it to the publishes most not.   I am not saying that is the case here  but keep it in mind that anyone on the boards can be anyone.   ITs why I tell people to curb language and how they act in game you never know who your dealing with.... 
    Personally I could care less how the scrolls make it out for normal players to have a crack at them.  I am just tired of the high end players who spend crazy amounts to get things like this and make them so hard to buy one.   I just don't want them to be so hard that its a flash in the pan where they show up in costing a small fortune and then the tide flows out of them and we are back to square one.  Meaning the run to get them will be fast and then die out.  
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Pawain said:

Yeah...  That's what Blackthorn dungeon is for !

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659