Is character copy offline?

I get this from time to time, and I am just wondering if the system is offline or if I am not meeting some requirement? TC1 is online, has room for my new char, and my client is fully patched. What would be preventing my copy? I have already copied the char a few times, if that matters.

Thanks.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I just tried it and it will not let me copy either so something must have changed and the westcoast servers are on a different day then TC right now and it is very close to server maint.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    TC1 maint is 8am ET, which was an hour ago :( I want to test the Hag quest maps, but I didn't think to copy over my runebook for it the first round. Oh well... maybe later... thanks for the response, at least it is not just me.
    I am on the west coast so we haven't had or maint yet
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I'm not sure synchronisation is the problem, I've been trying to copy a character since Tuesday evening without success.
    now that stinks
  • I was just going to report I couldnt copy , been trying for some days. Wanted to build a Keep!

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak ; ANYBODY with the current testing on TC this needs to be fixed yesterday
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    When I try to copy I eventually get the gump that asks which shard you want to copy to.  Both Eodon and Test Center are listed and both are not selectable.
    You don't need a copied character to build a keep, just make a character on TC.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

You need to copy characters if your keep design costs more than the 2m that newly created characters get.

Also there is the testing of the treasure chests.  I made the mistake of not copying over some of my slayer spell books which turns out I need to fight some of the more powerful guardians. Character copy stopped working during the 24 hour cool off between copies.

For the keep, just make a few chars and combine their gold.

I have lots of reasons why I want to copy a character, so the system being down for so long is troublesome. But that one reason, at least, can be worked around.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited April 2019
    Been like this for a week.... 
    I thought it was because of the contest. 

• Keep plot cost on TC1 is reduced to 322k.  I've designed two keeps now up to the roof level and neither one is valued over 1.5 million gold.

Not a solution for all the numerous reasons one wants to copy a character to TC1 but at least placing a plot and beginning to design is possible.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Seems that a lot of game features are ether buggy or off line....  I was told that there is a tech on duty on weekends for both DoAC and UO.   But we all know that UO runs on chewing gum, bailing wire, spit, and a drop of elmer's glue.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2019
    My keep plot on TC is public and it's staying a plot and not going in the contest.  I have a few things there that might be useful if you're trying to design a house but also want to do treasure hunting testing and have the dilemma of not being able to lock things down in a house submitted for the contest.   My plot is located at approximately 10 N 39 E, to the NE of Britain in Trammel.  

Inside you'll find a soulforge, anvil and forge, elven oven, loom and spinning wheels, plus an empty commodity deed box set to public.  There are some backpacks around the soulforge that are also set to public in case you undeed something and it's too heavy to hold and you want to set it down in a container temporarily.  

I've also got a crystal portal, corrupted crystal portal, and a serpent's jawbone for Ilshenar.  Unfortunately, I don't own any of the portals for Eodon.  There are also a bunch of runebooks for surface hunting, including a set with the imp locations in Trammel for the hag's quest and the hags in Tram and Fel.   The Davie's Locker closest to the front of the house is empty and set to public so anyone can use it.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    There's  a portal for Eodon there now.  Thanks, Petra!