What is VvV?

RockRock Posts: 567
I haven't been in an MMO for a long time. What is VvV?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    VvV is the new faction type system, it replaced factions about four or five years ago.  Stands for Vice Vs Virtue.  You can get faction arties in it like you did before and other rewards if you collect points from active towns in fel.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Okay, thanks.  Sounds like they updated the old Chaos Guards vs Virtue Guards system., but they didn't want to use the word "chaos".
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • YagaYaga Posts: 11
    I think it correlates more with what they have with the Shrines vs Dungeons. Shrines named after virtues,(Courage) and Dungeons named after vices(Deceit)  
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    DJAd said:
    *Slow Clap*

• TetsuoTetsuo Posts: 7
    Rock said:

A massive waste of time.... Basically you capture a couple of towns to get silver points so you can buy a faction horse/crimson and maybe a couple of other items and then you never go back until your horse disappears in the middle of a fight.

Its a great system !

♥♥♥♥ For Ever Blowing Bubbles. RIP MJ ♥♥♥♥
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    Tetsuo said:
    Rock said:

A massive waste of time....

(...)

Its a great system !

And this two sentences basically say ALL there is to say about a bunch of "grown up" that, as we do, play online games may hours at week, every week... :D ;)
  • SafariSafari Posts: 20
    Several of my characters show in my guild listing as VvV yet I did not join VvV and don't want to join.  There is no option to quit available, just join it.  It's confusing.  How do I remove the VvV from my listings in my guild?

Safari / Chianti of Catskills

• Safari said:
    Several of my characters show in my guild listing as VvV yet I did not join VvV and don't want to join.  There is no option to quit available, just join it.  It's confusing.  How do I remove the VvV from my listings in my guild?

You can join as an individual or as a guild. Those individuals joined. AFAIK there is no negatives for you personally by having a guildmate in VvV as long as you don't get involved in their fights.

But I also haven't participated in VvV since the first month it was introduced. If this is no longer true I'm sure someone will correct me.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Safari said:

If you are in a guild and accidently joined, you can go into your guild menu and quit from there.

The towns alternate and if you stay inside the active fel town for too long you will automatically be put into VvV. If you pvp and attack someone that is in VvV you will also automatically be listed. This fix is simple. Die one time and it will fix this. If not then you're bugged and will need to page a GM.

• SafariSafari Posts: 20
    I see.  Thx folks.  I'll talk to the guild gm about it.
    Safari / Chianti of Catskills