Mysticism Reagents.... if one wanted to cast off of them, FORGET about it....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited April 2019 in Skills and Stats
I am in need of quite a large quantity of Fertile Dirt for Gardening purposes...

So, my first thought was to go hunt Earth Elementals....

Forget about it.... they "used" to have them all the time now they only rarely carry them and only 1 or 2!!

So, I thought OK, I will go buy them from the Mystics in Ter Mur (there is 3 vendors...)

They ONLY carry 20 of them in their inventory and it is already like 30 minutes after I purchased their 1st batch and they have yet to respawn in their Menu....

Considering how they are a Mysticism reagent, if one wanted to cast off of reagents and not using LRC, how could they cope with the difficulty in getting large quantities of them ?

Go figure....

EDIT. Just checked the Mystic Vendors again. Ortlem and Bestra still have not restocked while the third vendor, Tereg, has restocked. Not sure why the other 2 seems to not be restocking it.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    While you wait for them to re-stock you could try hunting Ant Lion, Clay Golem, Earth Elemental, Greater Earth Elemental or Mud Elemental.

You could also try planting a green thorn in bare dirt. I just double checked my memory of this and got 25 fertile dirt among the reagents that spawned.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    That's not the point.

Magery Reagents are, readily available.

Why should instead Mysticism reagents be so hard to get ?

As I said, if a Mystic wanted to cast off od reagents, and not use LRC, whatever the reasons, they would have a hard time to "keep up" with the need for reagents considering how slow their respawn is on the only 3 NPCs that sell them in UO....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Why don't you submit a bug report if you think this is such a big problem.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    By the time mysticism was introduced 100% lrc suits were the norm, so I imagine 3 npcs was assumed to be enough, reagents being mostly used for writing those few spells that aren't sold by the npcs for filling books.
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    Like other reagent vendors, they should restock with double the quantity when they do restock, so by the end of the day they should all be selling 500 or 999 to you at a time.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    — Given how prevalent gardening was the hard way - before garden beds became a thing, and even after given that fertile dirt STILL helps plants grow, mature, and produce seeds/resources faster - I have always been a bit flummoxed by the absence of a gardening NPC.

One or two gardening NPCs in each town (Tram and Fel both) that carry only plant bowls, 500 fertile dirt, water pitchers, and the basic potions needed to fight blight and other parasitic conditions in growing plants would help tremendously for those of us who still plant tons of seeds for resources and decoration.

Especially since an expansion pack is needed through the Origin store in order to use garden beds and I know quite a few people who don’t feel it necessary to buy the Rustic Theme Pack and still grow plants the hard way.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I mine the earth elementals in the New Haven Mine (Trammel) for fertile dirt. They carry 1 to 4 fertile dirts. They are low level earth elementals and it just takes one shot to kill them with my earth elemental slayer spell book. 

I just checked and Ortlem the Mystic in the royal city sells fertile dirt in increasing amounts. He went from 20 to 37 like any other non-bulk item that starts at 20.  If I had the time I could easily get him up to 999.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Hermione said:
    Like other reagent vendors, they should restock with double the quantity when they do restock, so by the end of the day they should all be selling 500 or 999 to you at a time.
    They do restock with double the quantity only, it takes a very long time for them to restock...

If there was a good number of players casting off reagents, with only 3 Mystic NPCs and such slow respawn it would be tough to get the mysticism reagents to cast spells with....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @popps ; But there isn't a good number of players casting off of regents so why is this such a big problem with you, are you using regs to cast with or are you using a LRC Suit like everybody else in UO?
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited April 2019
    @popps you have a point but like the others have said almost everyone uses LRC suits so there is no need for that many vendors or large quantities of the FD. If it is something you feel very strongly about you should report it on the bugs page or e-mail one of the members of th Dev team. Also as stated before there are other ways to aquire the FD. If you want it bad enough you maybe should work the vendors up like we did years ago.

On Pacific it takes about 40 minutes for reagents to respawn in the NPC shop keeper. Each respawn roughly doubles in size. So in about 3 1/2 hours the NPC will be selling 999. I work the vendor up like this to restock reagents for my alchemist and scribe to use in fulfilling BoDs. I also do it against multiple NPCs so I can restock larger quantities.

My magic characters wear LRC suites so no need for them to carry reagents.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I always wondered why they didn't add the fertile dirt  to the gardener in New Magincia.
    They sell the plant bowl and water, but no fertile dirt...
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    I always wondered why they didn't add the fertile dirt  to the gardener in New Magincia.
    They sell the plant bowl and water, but no fertile dirt...
    — Probably because no one has asked them to do it.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna / @Mesanna1

Anyway the gardening NPC in New Mag could sell fertile dirt, please?
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • BruceBruce Posts: 27
    Undead gargoyles in the tomb of kings carry lots of macro regs

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    Maybe an idea could be to introduce a house deco Statue that spawn Reagents for either the Mystic & the Necro templates?

Like there is the Giant Cat one (Blessed Statue) for Magery reags, we could have a Giant Dog statue for the Mystic reags and a Giant Rat one for the Necro reags? :)

Maybe an idea to consider as one of the Option Gifts for the 22th Year Token and/or the rewamp of the CUB Rewards?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    well Gargoyle mystics are a little dumb i mean they do have powerful magic and can even imbue it into items but recall nah  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Ivenor said:
    Maybe an idea could be to introduce a house deco Statue that spawn Reagents for either the Mystic & the Necro templates?

Like there is the Giant Cat one (Blessed Statue) for Magery reags, we could have a Giant Dog statue for the Mystic reags and a Giant Rat one for the Necro reags? :)

Maybe an idea to consider as one of the Option Gifts for the 22th Year Token and/or the rewamp of the CUB Rewards?

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak
    — Why a rat for Necro?! :(

A better option would be something like ... a new kind of Iron Maiden or pile of skulls or a completely different graphic like a small table or something ...
    ~ Jennifer-Marie