Is it to much to ask that the old keep foot print be updated?

Do you think someone with some design skill can make a 4 level keep design for us that have rocks of bushes that are in the way of us updating to the new designs? Just blow out the walls on the first floor a bit and build up? Keep in mind some people have rocks and trees between the first floor walls? 

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    It wouldn't work, the new Keeps and Castles have had the 'foundation' added that all custom houses have, so you couldn't actually leave that area open the way it is now. We were already told that any castle or keep with items in the open areas that would block placement cannot use the new designs. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Yeah. :-(  At first I was thinking, Oh! I just won't put any floor tiles where rocks and trees can stick up in areas of the original keep. And if I possibly win I'll have a new design!

But no, that doesn't work because the foundation itself creates a solid floor. I'll never be able to switch out my keep either, Summoned. :-/ 
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    Can't we just have a foundation that is the old keeps foot print? 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Not sure if you know, but we can add floors and stuff now so a 4th floor is very within your grasp as well as building inside walls and other things. :D Visit the homes and caste forum and ask for people to post their images of regular keeps done with stone. You will be inspired!
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Gidge said:
    Not sure if you know, but we can add floors and stuff now so a 4th floor is very within your grasp as well as building inside walls and other things. :D Visit the homes and caste forum and ask for people to post their images of regular keeps done with stone. You will be inspired!
    @Gidge I think the OP is asking for someone to design a new keep on Test Center that has open areas in the floor like the Legacy Castle for people who have plants , or trees blocking placement of new keeps. I think though that it is not possible becase as someone stated earlier the new keeps start with asolid floor like the customizable plots. It is a good idea though and i hope something can be done to help homeowners with this issue.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    @Summoned a lot of people asked for the interiors of the old castle and keep to be updated, to be more practical, but it never happened, I guess they don't have the time.
    Arron said:
    Gidge said:
    @ Gidge I think the OP is asking for someone to design a new keep on Test Center that has open areas in the floor like the Legacy Castle for people who have plants , or trees blocking placement of new keeps. I think though that it is not possible becase as someone stated earlier the new keeps start with asolid floor like the customizable plots. It is a good idea though and i hope something can be done to help homeowners with this issue.
    Yeah, I grasped what he was asking. I do feel for those that are in the pickle and offered a great suggestion. It was not meant to belittle. Not sure if you felt I was doing that? if so I do apologize to Summoned.

I was letting them know that perhaps they could use the stone to compensate and perhaps give the 4th floor floor that is so desired. I know designing something isn't the forte of everyone, hence the cube (won't say more). I don't know Summonded so I don't know if they are just returning and bought a keep, or have been here forever.

So I gave an idea/suggestion, not to detract from his and others desire for this situation to be addressed, but to perhaps help with the space issue.
    edited April 2019
    Not sure how it double posted.
    @Gidge. I did not think you ment anything negitive by your post. I do know you were trying to help, I was not sure you knew they were talking about the plant or small tree growing up from the ground/. I had a keep I was selling a couple of weeks ago, but the buyer was not sure it could be converted to the new keep I told him it should because it was properly placed. He was still not sure so I converted it for him and added the cost of the conversion to the final price. He was totally thrilled. By the way you had reat suggestions. I hope the original poster finds a way to upgrade/convert his keep.
    Summoned said:
    Do you think someone with some design skill can make a 4 level keep design for us that have rocks of bushes that are in the way of us updating to the new designs? Just blow out the walls on the first floor a bit and build up? Keep in mind some people have rocks and trees between the first floor walls? 

@Summoned
    Is your keep properly placed? If so have you tried to securly replace it?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Summoned said:
    Can't we just have a foundation that is the old keeps foot print? 
    That would be so awesome. Even if it was just two cut outs for the inside of the keep that are walled off sections of ground now. 
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I've had keeps on and off through the last 20 years. They're okay and I understand you can build 4 floors now but you have to build them out of stone, and I'm more of a villa guy. I understand the custom Foundation that we are left to work with these days is a big Square. But would it be so difficult just to wipe the floor of the old keep and the old castle and have a Building contest using the old floor plan? I do have a small tree in my way of customizing to the new designs. I also play on Atlantic where keeps cost 2.5 plat... So changing is not an option. 
  • Summoned said:
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I've had keeps on and off through the last 20 years. They're okay and I understand you can build 4 floors now but you have to build them out of stone, and I'm more of a villa guy. I understand the custom Foundation that we are left to work with these days is a big Square. But would it be so difficult just to wipe the floor of the old keep and the old castle and have a Building contest using the old floor plan? I do have a small tree in my way of customizing to the new designs. I also play on Atlantic where keeps cost 2.5 plat... So changing is not an option. 
    Unless you are just married to your current location you could sell the keep you have and then buy one that isn’t locked by a tree. You could probably break even if you tried. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Unless you are just married to your current location you could sell the keep you have and then buy one that isn’t locked by a tree. You could probably break even if you tried. 
    @Victim_Of_Siege no offense but I'm not sure what size house you own. But the reason I own it keep cuz I have so much stuff it won't fit in 18x18. It would be impossible to sell my keep to get money and then buy another keep. I would have nowhere to store my stuff in the moving process. Unless the devs put in pods I would have to buy another keep first! 
  • I was offering a suggestion but hey, if you can’t do it, oh well. Oh, and nothing is impossible, just some things are harder than others
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited April 2019

As someone who has moved around a lot in my UO lifetime, I've always wanted and even asked for a few times, for a real moving crate. 

An option to move ALL your stuff into a temporary crate that is saved and can then be placed inside a new house.

This would solve all the difficulties with moving from one house to another.  No more problems with 4000k items and add-ons and no more problems with stacks too heavy to easily move.

Devs, please give us a real moving crate.

As someone who has moved around a lot in my UO lifetime, I've always wanted and even asked for a few times, for a real moving crate. 

An option to move ALL your stuff into a temporary crate that is saved and can then be placed inside a new house.

This would solve all the difficulties with moving from one house to another.  No more problems with 4000k items and add-ons and no more problems with stacks too heavy to easily move.

Devs, please give us a real moving crate.
    Nice. I know many would like to have this option. Sort of like when you do a character copy and everything is in a moving crate. 
    edited April 2019
    Summoned said:
    @ Victim_Of_Siege no offense but I'm not sure what size house you own. But the reason I own it keep cuz I have so much stuff it won't fit in 18x18. It would be impossible to sell my keep to get money and then buy another keep. I would have nowhere to store my stuff in the moving process. Unless the devs put in pods I would have to buy another keep first! 
    Do you have the 60% storage increase on that account? If not maybe you could look intoo getting it. I think it brings the 18x18 storage up to the keep storage or at least very close to it.

• Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    yup very close