With more players hunting Dread Pirates, has anyone gotten so far a Level 7 Treasure Map ?

It is my understanding that, currently (Prior to the Public release of Forgotten Treasures), Level 7 Treasure Maps can spawn : 

- In Level 6 Treasure Chests
- As loot from Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer
- As loot from Corgul the Soulbinder
- As loot from Dread Pirates

Since I have done quite a lot of Pirate Ships hunting and never once gotten any such level 7 Treasure Map, I was wondering whether, with more players now Hunting Dread Pirates because of Rising Tide, anyone so far has received a Level 7 Treasure Map within their loot.

Has any ?

Comments

• ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    I have never heard of getting a level 7 from a Dread Pirate.  I have done a whole lot of killing them and never gotten any level treasure maps from them, This would be years worth of killing. 

Would you care to share the source of your information? 
    I know UOguide shows the other 3 that you have listed as a way to get level 7.  To be honest I have only ever gotten a level 7 from level 6 T-chests.  I would say you may have some bad intel on the dread pirates.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Zamot said:
    I have never heard of getting a level 7 from a Dread Pirate.  I have done a whole lot of killing them and never gotten any level treasure maps from them, This would be years worth of killing. 

Would you care to share the source of your information? 
    I know UOguide shows the other 3 that you have listed as a way to get level 7.  To be honest I have only ever gotten a level 7 from level 6 T-chests.  I would say you may have some bad intel on the dread pirates.

I saw it mentioned here http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map

Ultima Online: High Seas booster pack introduced Diabolically Drawn Level 7 treasure maps which can be obtained from:
    • Level 6 treasure chests
    • Osiredon the Scalis Enforcers and Corgul the Soulbinder
    • Pirate encounters

• MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    Maybe you have to kill the dread pirate?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    is this something that was recently added?
    my husband kills them all of the time & has never gotten a lvl 7 map
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    The publish notes for high seas:

Gives them as a possible item in the pirate ship's hold.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    Mariah said:

I would say this is bugged or was taken out at some point. I have done thousands of pirates over the years and never once have I seen a level 7 map in the hold, unless the drop rate is something absurd like 1 in a million.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• I have never seen one either, done thousands of them as well. Let's ask @Garth_Grey he's done more than anybody.  ever seen a 7 in a pirate hold Garth?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Mariah said:

That is why I thought to ask....

Since these days more players are hunting Dread Pirates, then at least ONE Treasure Map level 7 should have been found in a Pirate's Ship's Hold....

Yet, we have players saying that they hunted LOTS of them and never saw any....

Since we are having Rising Tide and the entire 2019 is a overhaul of the High Seas, perhaps this is a thing that @Kyronix might want to look into and get fixed if it never worked ?

Thanks !
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Or they will"fix" it like they did BODs and just remove that from the Wiki. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/carpentry/carpentry-bulk-orders/

Can you bribe up furniture BODs yet?  All those N/A can be made in each wood type.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I have never seen one either, done thousands of them as well. Let's ask @ Garth_Grey he's done more than anybody.  ever seen a 7 in a pirate hold Garth?
    Never, not in the hold/corpse or as a drop.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    It may be you have to wait for the next publish which updates Treasure Hunting with lots of new content.
    edited April 2019
    Arron said:
    It may be you have to wait for the next publish which updates Treasure Hunting with lots of new content.
    Aheam.... the thing is, that the Publish which Mariah referred to, dates from October 12, 2010.

Some 8+ Years ago....

And it was said in that Publish...

"Level 7 Treasure Chests
    • These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs.  You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty! This is not a solo encounter."
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    Arron said:
    Aheam.... the thing is, that the Publish which Mariah referred to, dates from October 12, 2010.

Some 8+ Years ago....

"Level 7 Treasure Chests
    • These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs.  You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty! This is not a solo encounter."
    Well I guess you have all the answers. *Takes back his 2 cents* :) lol
    popps said:
    Arron said:

Some 8+ Years ago....

"Level 7 Treasure Chests
    @Kyronix
    Any chance we can get 9 years of compensation on 7s ? If this note is correct, I can absolutely confirm that it never existed on Siege.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2019
    I gotta say I feel really cheated after seeing those patch notes from so long ago. That shows right there how few people were doing the High Seas content, that no one made mention of this, myself included, until now...damn that would have been a nice collection of level 7s after 9 years...#sad

popps said:
    Arron said:

Some 8+ Years ago....

"Level 7 Treasure Chests
    @ Kyronix
    Any chance we can get 9 years of compensation on 7s ? If this note is correct, I can absolutely confirm that it never existed on Siege.
    I guess that's a silent No

popps said:
    Arron said:

Some 8+ Years ago....

"Level 7 Treasure Chests
    @ Kyronix
    I don't think it would have hurt to at least comment on the fact that that patch note never actually existed in game.