Creating a suit for my PvM archer

I've never had a crafter before but want to take a stab at it. I now have about 100 tailoring, 100 armslore, 90 fletching and 80 imbuing. Is that good enough? What stats should I make for his suit/bow? 

Thanks
Don't let heartburn and indigestion keep you from relishing life's special moments. Use Alka-Seltzer for speedy relief when you need it.

Comments

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    edited April 2019
    Really need 120 imbuing, 120 taloring but that's a good start 

First thing you'll want to do is build your base pieces that you intend to imbue. Can take some spreadsheets and math to maximize results or you can just kind of wing it and imbue resists onto the pieces to get to 70. 

Here is a starter 70's suit that isn't too difficult. Takes barbed leather, horned leather, and cloth. Requires 0 enhances and you still get decent # of mods on it in the end. You craft the base pieces first and so long as the resists are at or greater than the values you will hit all 70's in the end with imbues listed.  

Barbed Barbed Barbed Horned Horned
    Stud Gorget Stud Gloves Stud Sleeves Stud Legs Stud Chest Bear Mask
    Piece1 Piece2 Piece3 Piece4 Piece5 Piece6
    9 9 9 4 4 9
    6 11 11 12 12 8
    10 6 10 10 10 12
    9 8 6 8 8 4
    13 13 11 12 12 9
    Once you get your base pieces crafted, POF them before imbuing. And then these are the maximum resists you need to imbue to hit 70's on the suit. These will not always need to be this high depending on where you get your extra resists land. 

Gorget - Fire 16 
    Gloves - Cold 18 
    Sleeves - Poison 18 
    Legs - Phys 17 
    Chest - Phys 17
    Bear Mask - Poison 19

From there you have 4 mods left to imbue that are 100% up to you.  Although at 80 imbuing I think you can only do 3 mods. Could be wrong it's been a while. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    @King_Greg

May I ask a question ?

In your Table :

Stud GorgetStud GlovesStud SleevesStud LegsStud ChestBear Mask
    Piece1Piece2Piece3Piece4Piece5Piece6

why the resists get so unevenly done ?

Let me explain.

There is 6 pieces, right ? The First resist (I assume it is Physical) is 9, 9, 9, 4, 4 and 9.

Why such a large difference (9 vs 4) if one looks at the Gorget, Gloves, Sleeves and Mask vs the Legs and Chest ?

And that is the same for the other resists as well, instead of being "evenly" spread out, they vary A LOT from piece to piece.... the second resist goes from a low 6 on the Gorget to 12 high on the Chest....

The Third resist goes from a low 6 on the Gloves now, to a 12 high on the Mask, and so forth....

Why are they assorted so unevenly rather then instead evenly ?

Is there a logical and particular reason for that ?

Also, while the total of resists for the Gorget, Gloves, Sleeves is 47, for the Legs and Chest is 46... and for the Mask even only 42 !!

Why is that ?

Is the "Head" piece always the weakest in terms of overall resists ?

Also, are Legs and Chests also always "weaker" as the other Gorget, Gloves and Sleeves pieces in terms of their respective total resists ?

Thanks for the clarifications !
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    All good questions. Most important thing to remember is this is just a starter full imbued suit. So it should be easy and cheap. Should cost you less than 200k in base materials and not take more than 90 minutes, vs a "Max" full imbued suit that could cost you 30 million in resources/enhances and about 20x more time invested. For only another 2 mods. If you are going to spend that sort of money you may as well invest in 2 Legendary artifacts which will carry all the resists for the whole suit and imbue 5 mods on each piece without really having to worry about the resists. 

"Why such a large difference (9 vs 4) if one looks at the Gorget, Gloves, Sleeves and Mask vs the Legs and Chest ?" 

When imbuing a piece of armor it costs you 100% imbuing intensity to increase it's resists to +15 from it's pre enhanced BASE resist. Because of this, any resists over the base are lost when you imbue that slot. So when you look at the resists that are imbued compared to the resists that seem odd like 4 physical you'll notice that that's being imbued up. 

Base resists for Studded Leather crafted with regular leather
    2/4/3/3/4 Max imbued (15/19/18/18/18/19)
    Horned Leather Gives 
    +2/4/3/3/3
    Barbed Leather Gives 
    +3/2/3/3/5 

So the Base resists for Horned Crafted is 
    4/8/6/6/7 
    Base resists for Barbed 
    5/6/6/6/9 

The gorget is barbed leather Fire resist is 6(min), and we are imbuing fire resist 
    Gloves are Barbed leather cold resist is 6(min) and we are imbuing cold resist
    Sleeves are Barbed Leather, poison resist is 6(min) and we are imbuing poison resist 
    Etc etc 

"Also, while the total of resists for the Gorget, Gloves, Sleeves is 47, for the Legs and Chest is 46... and for the Mask even only 42 !!" 

Max resists Barbed studded - 52 
    Max resists Horned Studded -51 
    Max Resists Bear mask - 44

This has to do with the "RNG" and the difficulty of the craft. You want to have wiggle room. You don't want to sit there burning 60k worth of leather trying to get "Exact" resists.  Barbed Leather studded gives you 52 Resists to work with, so 47 means you have 5 resists that will be over what you need. Horned gets 1 less resist so 51 resists max 46 would give 5 resists over what I need. This is a ton of wiggle room, perfect for a starter suit, you won't burn through 10k leather for the whole thing. 

The mask was just for the look. You sacrifice 6 resists, but your base material is cloth and you pick up 2-3 more resists on the imbue since it doesn't have a material. The bear mask is actually the hardest piece to craft in this suit with only 2 points wiggle room instead of 5, but it's cloth so low cost. You could use a metal helmet, or bone helm, orc helm, etc etc etc. Just craft the rest of the pieces first and get the resists imbued and then take a look at what you need and finish out the suit.
  • BruceBruce Posts: 27
    Thanks for sharing your methodology, Greg.
    It's really helpful.
  • I'd like to add since you're keen on crafting suits, whenever your crafting pieces, remember the minimum resists of pieces like plate armor 5-3-2-3-2.  Whenever one gets made exceptional with one or more of those resists, toss it in a chest for later use.  It speeds up future suits a lot.
  • Wow!  thanks a lot guys.  :) That was way more info than I expected. I just have one question, do I need a special sewing kit or will regular one do?
    Don't let heartburn and indigestion keep you from relishing life's special moments. Use Alka-Seltzer for speedy relief when you need it.
  • For what he was talking about, just a regular sewing kit
  • For what he was talking about, just a regular sewing kit
    ok
  • Oh, yea, one more question, please, what is cheapest way to get POFs?
  • I bribe up small bods to the shadow ingots exceptional, good way to clear out shadow supply.
  • Ok, ty :)