Treasure Maps and Changelings

FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
edited April 2019 in General Discussions
@Kyronix

As we're heading towards Forgotten Treasures, I would like to make a suggestion.

Twice now I've done a level seven treasure map in Ilshenar with two people where we've gotten multiple Renegade Changelings as guardians. Some normal, some paragon.

These changelings, especially in paragon, take so long to kill that both times the treasure has decayed within the chest before we could even open it.

So, I'd like to propose a couple different options to tackle this... (not all are required, they're just suggestions of different ways to help with this)

1. Tone down the Renegade Changelings altogether

2. Perhaps prevent them from being able to spawn as paragons. (The normal ones are doable, but the paragons are just beyond nasty)

3. If possible, increase the amount of time before loot decays within a treasure chest to prevent the effort being a complete waste of time.

Comments

• MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    Agree on that, happend several times to me as well... Best would be to prevent them from being paragon as a guardian.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Faeryl said:
    @ Kyronix

As we're heading towards Forgotten Treasures, I would like to make a suggestion.

Twice now I've done a level seven treasure map in Ilshenar with two people where we've gotten multiple Renegade Changelings as guardians. Some normal, some paragon.

These changelings, especially in paragon, take so long to kill that both times the treasure has decayed within the chest before we could even open it.

So, I'd like to propose a couple different options to tackle this... (not all are required, they're just suggestions of different ways to help with this)

1. Tone down the Renegade Changelings altogether

2. Perhaps prevent them from being able to spawn as paragons. (The normal ones are doable, but the paragons are just beyond nasty)

3. If possible, increase the amount of time before loot decays within a treasure chest to prevent the effort being a complete waste of time.
    I have seen these but never done a T-Map where they spawn? Are they able to be soloed on a Tamer / Provoker with a trained 5 slot pet? 
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Maybe they should just stop paragons spawning as guardians on chests, I'm sure nobody would object.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    Yes please from me too. Paragon renegade changelings are the reason I never do Ilshenar level 7s.  I can manage, with care, level 7s on any other facet.  Even with a large group they are a nightmare to try to do.  I'm sure they're harder than Travesty.
    I guess I will have to keep an eye out for those level 7 Illshenar T-Maps. Hehe. I will have to at least try to do one see first hand what they are like.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Arron said:

I have seen these but never done a T-Map where they spawn? Are they able to be soloed on a Tamer / Provoker with a trained 5 slot pet? 
    The normal ones can be solo'd, but take time. The paragons have completely eaten both me and my 5 slot pets while barely taking any damage themselves. They're unbardable.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited April 2019
    The "trick" to fighting Changelings, is to stay 11+ tiles away from them as your pet fights them. Otherwise they'll change into you, gain resistances from armor (becoming even tougher to kill), and they'll constantly target you then. Tell your pet to follow the Changeling, have Consume Damage running on pet (Renegade Changeling melee is 100% Physical), and stay 11+ tiles away from the Changeling, as your pet kills the Changeling.

Another nasty trick to fighting them, is use a Wammy with an Undead Slayer wep/Talisman. Be in Wraith Form, and the Renegade Changeling will transform into you (a wraith), and therefore become vulnerable to Undead Slayer. Between Honor, EoO, Undead Slayer, and DI, you should be hitting the Renegade Changeling for the max 300% Damage, while Curse Weapon will allow you to leech back 50% of the damage you deal in Health, and the Wraith Form will also allow you to leech Mana directly from the Changeling himself, eventually dropping him to 0 Mana so he can't cast on you.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Many players I know have gotten so frustrated on this issue they rather sell or trash the 7s. Also extend or double the timer on the chests … I have missed my favorite hobby in UO.. I just cant do the para's alone.
    Many players I know have gotten so frustrated on this issue they rather sell or trash the 7s. Also extend or double the timer on the chests … I have missed my favorite hobby in UO.. I just cant do the para's alone.
    I love doing Lvl 7 maps. They are fun. I have never gotten Para Changelings though on any of them. Too bad you are not on Great Lakes I would have been willing to tag along if you wanted. :)