Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *See new thread!*

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Everyone make sure to check out this post regarding the latest information on the Treasure Map update - Locked and Trapped chests have been disabled for testing. 

https://uo.com/2019/04/18/forgotten-treasures-tc-release-1-update/
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Kyronix said:
    Everyone make sure to check out this post regarding the latest information on the Treasure Map update - Locked and Trapped chests have been disabled for testing. 

https://uo.com/2019/04/18/forgotten-treasures-tc-release-1-update/
    TYSM for the update!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited April 2019
    From the patch notes: "Resolved issue where decoding a treasure map could result in errors."

The maps in my Davies locker are still bugged, and when I take then out, still show to be unreadable". Even after I take them out, and replace them. :( @Kyronix
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I had the same issue as Khan when I copied my DL yesterday but today they are fine.  Wait for server refresh tomorrow and see if that gets resolved.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix after reading all the posts I have 1 suggestion and one very important question.

#1 Suggestion  is why can't we just take the Treasure Chest with us?

and 

#2 Very Important Question  How is LUCK going to come into play with T-Hunters with all these changes and please do not say LUCK is being taken out of T-Hunting.
    edited April 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    I had the same issue as Khan when I copied my DL yesterday but today they are fine.  Wait for server refresh tomorrow and see if that gets resolved.
    Good to know. Thanks, I may check that in a few days. #losinginterest
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Popps what shad do you play? My gawd, get out there and get ur own 120's in fel. I am zero PvP, been back less then one year and on a new account because I wanted to start fresh. I get raided about one outta ten. I play at all different times, day and night. I pick my spawns depending on the time of day. 90% of the time I do them solo. Half hour/hour in and out. The gains are far more then the losses. If I get raided they get insurance and a handful of orange petals and potions. What are you scared of? Takes about 5 mins to get rez and healed. Its a game. How about living in it and quit whining about what does not suit you. Sheesh
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    jelindas - if the people even MENTIONING that maps could have up to 115 PS in fel weren't met by whiners INFURIATED that their Powerscroll monopoly might be threatened (see Stratics), you might have a place to talk. I get a few of my scrolls the way you describe, but I end up having to buy most of mine by using a shard shield to get to Atlantic, where most of the PS end up one way or the other.

popps might be taking it too far, but so are the people insisting that any attempt for an alternate means of gaining a powerscroll is somehow an apocalyptic attack on the game.

There IS a middle ground, for god's sacke.
  • Making Remove Trap a required skill is an absolutely horrible idea... please don't make me quit again! Also, everyone should stop whining about Powerscrolls only being available in Fel maps... with great risk comes great reward!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Wonders if the dev team bothers to read the 'other' forum now, there are just as many people on there pee'd off with the proposed changes. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    loot aint great from what i seen so far done 20 lvl 4 new maps and 6 lvl 5 
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    obviously thats why i am testing it before anyone says anything lol
    edited April 2019
    Is luck still going to play a factor in the quality of the treasure chests? And what about the Skeleton Keys, and the Master Keys? @Kyronix
  • RhombusRhombus Posts: 20
    Is luck still going to be a factor in any of this?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Making Remove Trap a required skill is an absolutely horrible idea...
    I so agree 
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Rhombus said:
    Is luck still going to be a factor in any of this?

Or are they acknowledging Luck never mattered?  >:)  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2019
    Tmaps I had on Sonoma... 
    top one is a diabolical map... bottom is a zipy map
    I thought completed ones were supposed to keep their title?

edited April 2019
    So far I am not seeing the increased intensities piece of the equation. a T6 ALWAYS has loot that is better than the junk I am finding in the new 4s. This isn't a rant. I do a lot of maps and this stuff is seriously comparable to maybe a t3 t4 none of this is t6 caliber high-end drops when you get even a poor roll.  
    The easy  gold is effectively doubled ~45k per plus 10-20k in gems. 

To be fair my chests thus far were all rusted, but like I said even the worst of rolls has better top end loot than these do. The only explanation would be a rusted chest is a complete botch? 
    Conversely, the negatives seem to be at a decreased rate where nearly everything in the current iteration has some form of negative prop on it these don't seem to have nearly as many that are afflicted.
    Lastly, these are copied maps from production. Maybe that makes some difference? 
    @Kyronix
    I got a frosty on a horde (Fel). Do not recall ever seeing Frosty on a 6. Could be my oversight, but typically maybe a rare greater,  never frosties

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix ; the map title Horde should be changed to Hoard, should it not?

also, the loot seems to have been downgraded, so far... what's with the additional layers of RNG when it comes to 'chest quality'? and what if anything causes the RNG to be more favorable towards a higher quality of loot,  I mean so far, live shard T-maps are far superior to the "updated" version of them on TC1 right now.   I know it's early yet, but the loot quality seems unreasonably weak compared to what we already have.

The turn-in point value for the items that are being awarded a value should be scaled up by at least 10-200x the amount they're currently valued at.

Trammel Despise artifacts = 2000 turn-in points each.
    Shadowguard artifacts = 10 turn-in points each.  

Why?  if anything shadowguard artifacts should at least award the same amount of points, if not more, simply based on the drop-rate & time required to complete the encounter...

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    popps said:

Other players, the vast majority of them, had only the alternative to stick them into mindless and absurd grinds elsewhere in order to be able to then afford those absurd prices that the Monopoly of Powerscrolls pushed them to reach...

OF COURSE that it would be a blessing for Ultima Online if Powerscrolls' prices where to drop !!

It would mean less inflation, less grinding by players and, thus, less players quitting UO for being burnt out by too much grinding....

At least, that is the way I see it.
    -- Then do what this Trammie Girl does: go work spawns and earn your own Powerscrolls.

I have to bind up scrolls at least once every two weeks or else my books get full. I currently have:

120 Anatomy x4
    120 Focus x1
    120 Parrying x2
    120 Tactics x3
    120 Wrestling x3
    120 Magery x3
    120 Meditation x2
    120 Resist Spells x2
    120 Discordance x1

Those are the most expensive scrolls in game. This isn't counting the 110's or 115's at all.

So no, getting powerscrolls is NOT a problem if you're willing to go get them yourself. Adding pwoerscrolls to Fel treasure chests is just giving people a chance to get them in more places - thus give people the chance to bind up faster and flood the market with more scrolls.

Dropping prices.

If people aren't willing to go earn their own scrolls for free, then they need to stop complaining about prices set by those who are willing.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    edited April 2019
    My Warriors horde (fel steel chest) has a ring with mana 5 MR 1 SDI 15 FCR 4 NS This is most assuredly not a warrior drop. Bracer Mage+15 SDI 15 LRC 20 DI 25 Stam 4. Again, definitely not a warrior drop. MR 6 no-dachi, can let that slide.... Ring tactics 10 HCI 15 DCI 15 SDI 18 FC 1 LRC25 This is the same hybid junk you got in the other chests. This is not tuned for an anything. 
    mage wep Scim and an MR6 war fork.  NONE of this is tuned for a warrior. 
    105 healing from a steel chest. I don't remember what the specifics for PS said, but at least it is in line with the horde type. 

Yes I double checked it is a warrior's cache. 
    This is also a copied map if that means anything. 

@Kyronix
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Kyronix said:

• "We want quality over quantity."  The ability to target the specific types of weapons, along with a reduction in the quantity and a bump to the overall intensity of loot will help address this.  If the expectation is that you will be able to pop a Trove level chest and its filled with clean Legendaries...well that's outside the realm of reality.  However, we can at least work to get a more enjoyable loot experience for gear in T-maps.  This is going to take iteration time and balancing, which is why this entire system is on TC1 right now.  
    @Kyronix

I am not asking for Clean legendary armor or weapons.  Just armor or weapons I can use.
    An antique weapon is not desired but Brittle is fine since we use imbued weapons now.

How many players use a weapon that they looted?  Reforge and Imbuing makes better weapons than any that I have ever found.

I was hoping to find usable weapons.  But so many properties can spawn on weapons that the chance of something usable is very small. 

Ill refer to the pics.  I am specifically talking about PvM gear.

1. I can make this bow.  Has anyone found a bow like this or better in UO? Ever?
    2. Imbued Bane Bow.
    3. Dex items are very difficult to find.  They need specific things or they are not useful.
       + Dex,  + stamina, LMC, Mana, regen, Stam regen.  I can make this chest.  I'm not asking for all the stats to be max but they need to be there.  If this had better resists I would be overjoyed to find this as loot.

There are too many properties that can spawn on items.  Since you are not going to change how loot spawns and are not going to increase legionary drops on T Chests please do something else.

Weapons:
    Put a property on the weapons the class drops and allow it to be reforged and imbued up to Exceptional values.  Also we use WW, Armor ignore, Double Strike.  Weapons without those will not be an upgrade.

Please put a property on a Composite Bow and let us make it something we can use.  

Armor:
    There are too many property and materials to get a useful piece of armor for a specific class. But the game makes Magic user armor pretty often somehow.

We could use a new chest and new arms that are for a dexxer to use. As long as it is better than what we can make now and has the properties of studded.

Playing the RNG roulette is not an upgrade to loot unless the choice chances are specific to a class.
    Now is a good time to do just that.

Thanks

temp.bmp 619.4K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    My first impressions 

Note I think luck is still working. My T-hunter is high luck and I never got a rusty chest or maybe the RNG just likes me  :D

• gem and gold in bag ready to grab but is that 1 chance of another guardian or 1 for each item in bag?
    • fewer items. Haven't done many yet but looks like only the things I would consider taking without the "hell no" junk.
    • seems to be easer to find chest with 100 cartography then 100 mining. Seems to be a larger aria?
    • Being able to open chest without killing all the guardians. But you are revealed when you open the chest. Is that intended? I would like to be able to stealth in and loot if my skill/real luck was good enough. Even if you were only revealed when removing an item it would be fun to pick the 1 item you want before you have to run.
    • Power Scrolls.
    Dislike 
    • Power Scrolls in Fel only is a good start but Fel would still have an advantage with the luck bonus. If that isn't enough you could limit the non Fel chests to 110s and lower the odd of getting one. Yes I could go to a slow shard and wander around late at night and get them but why the h--- should I have to? I find NO enjoyment in being mugged!!!!

• A treasure hunter's template and equipment are focused on finding treasure, digging it up, killing the guardians and then emptying the chest, correct? So, where are they to find the room in their template to add the skills necessary to survive a PvP attack? Please, either put the power scrolls in chests on any facet, or don't add them at all.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited April 2019
    A treasure hunter's template and equipment are focused on finding treasure, digging it up, killing the guardians and then emptying the chest, correct? So, where are they to find the room in their template to add the skills necessary to survive a PvP attack? Please, either put the power scrolls in chests on any facet, or don't add them at all.
    If you're that concerned about a pvp attack, maybe go with a group? Ask friends to join in and help you out? Or suck it up like the rest of us who are willing to take the risk of getting the crap beaten out of us for the reward of a powerscroll.

Fel is about risk versus reward, right? There's no risk if there's no reward to go after.

Honestly, I don't get the whole "I don't want to do it, so no one should get it" mentality.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix @Bleak ;  I've crashed twice now on TC because of clicking on a map view for a map that was no longer in my character's backpack because it had been completed and put away.  This was in the classic client.  Both crashes happened after I'd selected and looked at a new map to complete (so that map view was also open) and I realized I didn't still need to be seeing the previous map.
    Fel RANGER Trove (gold chest):
    76k and some change in gold Oddly there was a full stack 65525 a single gold piece and a pile of about 9500 all in the same gem bag  slot (EC grid) 
    40-70 of each gem
    110 Peace PS
    18 rng pieces 
    3-4 artifact level items rest magic. 
    Arty items were all weak in resists without anything decent to really explain why. Most items were cursed/antique. few brittle few clean
    125 str req bow (Pretty sure 125str was an SA addition?) No SA requirement listed on bow 
    All armor was hide or studded, mostly mage armor with low resists.
    A lot of regens mana and stam specifically, which based on what I have seen tends to eat a lot of weighting. 
    creeping vine (oh how I missed you!)

Guardians were pretty comparable to Fel 7 3 draggies (1 each greater ancient frosty)  1 balron 2-3 oddballs (poison ele blood ele frost drake). On pulling the 3 different stacks of gold from the single  slot I got 2 guardians (both titans)

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

There appears to have been a run on remove trap scrolls. There are no remove trap scrolls of transcendence or scrolls of alacrity showing up on vendor search on Atlantic.

Hopefully the devs make the remove trap skill easier to train if they start requiring it for t-maps. 

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2019
    Faeryl said:

Honestly, I don't get the whole "I don't want to do it, so no one should get it" mentality.
    We're all made differently. And some of us are really tired of being treated like we're defective in some way because we aren't interested in PvPing, either solo or as part of a group.   I try not to get involved in the discussions about PvP and power scrolls.  But I'm really tired of people being bashed in these threads because they don't want to PvP.  Can you just lay off with the incredulity for a bit, please?
This discussion has been closed.