I'm one year old!!!

EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
I know, I'm very immature for my age. Regardless of that, thank you Siege, for putting up with me as your EM for a whole year. It's been an honour and a privilege. And no, I'm not planning on going anywhere at all anytime soon. 

Since it's my birthday - my first Meet and Greet on Siege was on the 18th of March 2017 - I've got a present for you. On the steps of the EM Hall, which is two screens north of the Britain moongate, you'll find my laundry basket. Rummage around in there, and you'll find a sash to commemorate the occasion. The basket will stay there for somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks.

For this week only, you'll also find 2 runes on the ground outside the hall. One leads to WBB, in case you need a quick getaway with your sash. (Apologies to those who land there smack in the middle of VvV)  The other rune will take you to a currently vacant area, where I'm planning to slowly build an ever-changing dungeon just for Siege. There's not a lot there yet, just a couple of healers - but if you want a quiet place to train, to get PK'd, or just to get away from it all, that's where the green rune will take you. 

Thanks again for a wonderful year! 

Comments

• MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    Happy Birthday EM Kincaid !! And thank you for this year of events !!!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Congrats, and I still think it's nothing short of silly that we can't at least have EM Sashes blessed. Yeah Yeah I know, hard shard blah blah blah, use my SB blah blah blah...nvm.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634

♡♥★☆ Happy Birthday! ☆★♥♡

A birthday party on St. Patrick's Day! *stumbles off with a bottle of green grog while humming happy birthday song*

• Happy Birthday, you have made this past year very exciting.
  • EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
    Thank you to everyone who turned up last night! For those who couldn't make it, please remember there's a birthday present waiting for you on the steps of the EM Hall. No, it's not an invisible crimson dragon. (this time)

A little feedback from last night:

I haven't forgotten the Black Watch. In fact, I'm hoping to do a lot more with it this year.
    We will be visiting "standard" features of our lands, such as Peerless, Champ Spawns, Dungeons, Harrowers, etc - but I'll be bringing extras. Sometimes those extras might make your lives easier, such as the occasional temporary healer, or a guard who joins in the fight with you. Sometimes they might make your life harder, like additional spawn. You'll have to wait and see!

I'm planning a dungeon crawl sometime this year - this might end up being combined with a dungeon scavenger hunt. Or, that might be two different events. Or one event with two possible paths. Again, wait and see! (EM speak for "I haven't decided yet")

I haven't forgotten all the thieves who don't exist on Siege. There WILL be a stealing event this year. Promise. Probably around June/July.

It seems a lot of people miss being able to turn in bounties. Now, I can't change the code to give you back that feature, but I might be able to get the occasional event going where you have to collect body parts from various monsters and turn those in to progress to the next stage of the event... or something. I'm afraid that you won't see bounties back in the game the way that they used to work - too many parents were horrified at the thought of little Johnny being decapitated for gold. Kids, bring your parents up better! This is on you. 

Which brings me to the next point. There were a lot - and wow, do I mean a LOT - of requests for me to change game mechanics last night. Sorry folks, I can't. That's beyond an EM's ability. Those sorts of requests need to be thought out carefully, and put into a polite letter to Mesanna, along with a good description of why you think the game would be much better with those changes in it.

Lastly, there are two temporary runes on the grass outside the EM Hall. One is a quick trip to West Brit Bank so you can stash your birthday sash safely. But the other one leads to a large, currently empty, dungeon area that I have plans for. You see, over the foreseeable future, I want to start building a dungeon just for Siege. It will change over time - I can't make them permanent - but I figure an ever-shifting dungeon could be even more fun that one that you've mapped out perfectly, measured where every monster spawns, and know exactly when the next whatever-the-heck is going to jump out at you. 

Thanks again, Siege!

• Congrats, and I still think it's nothing short of silly that we can't at least have EM Sashes blessed. Yeah Yeah I know, hard shard blah blah blah, use my SB blah blah blah...nvm.
    If there were thieves on Siege.. I suspect that they'd prefer a bigger variety of items to steal than bandages and reagents. ;)

• Congrats on the benchmark. <span>:smiley:</span>.. it's all peaches and cream from now on... heh heh. 

really though thank you for your time.