Retouching Tool ...

JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
I've never used a Retouching Tool before tonight, and I discovered that three Veteran Reward Ethereal Steeds cannot be changed from Normal to Transparent Hue?

Was this purposeful?

The Rideable Boura Statuette, Ancient Hell Hound Statuette, and Tarantula Statuette all return the same error message when you attempt to use the Retouching Tool on them:

That is not a valid target.

If this wasn't intentionally done, can the Tool or the Ethereal Mounts be fixed so that they can be switched back and forth?
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2019
    I dunno about the Tarantula (does it originally comes in transparent hue - never seen one transparent around - and can it be reverted to Statuette once evocated?), but, if I remember well, the Buora and the Hell Hound are not exactly ethy, but "real" creature that cannot be reverted to Statuette form once evocated (as are the UO Store Vanity Mounts)...
  • No. All three are statuettes when not being ridden - just like all of the other Vet Reward mounts.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    OK, if Buora and Hell Hound are transformable back in Statuettes I stand corrected! :)

Unfortunately in this case I cannot help you, as I don't have any of the three to test my Retouching Tool on.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    none of those can be changed...

I know when the Tarantula came out on TC1 lot of people complained of how the Tarantula looked when in Ethereal form... (I personally LOVED how it looked) so they changed it, to where it can't be in ethereal form...