2nd Day in a Row for ATL

Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
2nd day in a row now where Atlantic has crashed 2-3 hrs after scheduled server up.
Yesterday it was multiple times around 8:30 am EST.

If this isn't something your aware of, can you please check the logs & ban these pricks that are up to no good.

Comments

• LeonidasLeonidas Posts: 30
    Uhm....
    so they fixed something that was not broken to try to resolve the Lag and turn out that didnt help a bit and also result on something else broken now??? Very Interesting.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    We've had Europa go down a few times too, what's going on? Servers don't like the new ship battles?  :o
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited March 2019
    We get it from numerous other posts Leo. From folks trying to play a childish game of pin the blame on the Dev to bogus I’m quitting rants. Some of y’all don’t approve of their successful attempt to reduce lag by fixing a bug.   Understood.

That most certainly has nothing to do with predictably timed server crashes.

My point was simply to bring attention, if not already noticed. B/c if not already noticed probability (and history) may suggest nefarious intent.

I was unaware other servers were seeing these crashes at the time of my post, which drastically lessens probability of outside influence. Thanks @jaytin for that info 
    :)
    It's not just crashes, we've had a couple of reverts too, not hugely long ones but maybe 30 minutes or so which is still a pain for people actively training skills. Seems to have started after publish 104 hit, I hope they can find the cause quickly.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Atl is one of the most populated shards. Is it possible it has something to do with the population? Has the population grown greatly over the past 2 days because of the new publish? Just thinking out loud.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Santa Claus caused Legends to crash (last fall) just by opening 21st anniversary tokens...
    wasn't his fault but he still felt bad...
    could be just a minor bug like that...
    Using Amazon Cloud servers mean some game wide lag spikes from time to time but they’re more than enough to support a larger population.

Anytime we get a crash there should be a revert with time variable dependent on when the last backup save was made.

Santa crashing shards - LOL
    How can ya get mad @ ole Chris :)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Acid_Rain said:
    If this isn't something your aware of, can you please check the logs & ban these pricks that are up to no good.
    Don't talk about Devs like that!
  • I was freezing up maybe an hour or two before the server went down. Just froze. Happened twice. Didn't see anything moving or people running around or anything at Luna Mint. Logged in a couple times and it went back to normal. Probably would have had the same effect if I had waited it out.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Santa Claus caused Legends to crash (last fall) just by opening 21st anniversary tokens...

Santa's been banned. He was duping.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Had to dupe. Elves have been lazy.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Santa Claus caused Legends to crash (last fall) just by opening 21st anniversary tokens...

Nah
    He just wanted a telescope with his name on it
    Is Atlantic still crashing? It's a daily occurrence now on Europa, most days we are having 2 or 3 crashes and reverts at the very least. Yesterday we had four! 
    So far nothing this morning. I’ve been pirating since server up. It’s only 8:10am est & the crashes were happening 8-8:30 so....

I quit playing mornings for a couple weeks due to crashs. Just started again a couple days ago. 
    A lot of the crashes on Europa were in the morning too, but we have had a few in the afternoon, hmm you would think they would be at more busy times, they seem to happen less at peak time, in the evening, I guess it depends on what's causing them.  :o
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Atl gets away with UO murder every day it's open for business. Just yesterday, I logged in very early in the morning trying to sell an abundance of Orc ships on another shard for Atl gold. I see a player standing directly in front of the bank entrance, spamming Noble Sac, with perfect timing. I log back in 12 hrs later and he's in the exact same spot, doing the exact same thing. Also witnessed Avatar log in several times and spam his illegal web sight. In all seriousness, you couldn't pay me to play there on a regular basis.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2019
    Atl bashing is nothing new. Keep it coming, we can take it :wink:

Did u page on this noble sack? They only get caught if someone reports them. Avatar runs on most shards so u can’t hold that against us. 

This is totally off topic but had to respond when u trash talk my shard in my thread.

Alt has plenty of trashy peps due to the population but we also have some of the best folks around. The oldest & largest public rune library in the game, set up to help players, started on Atl. I could mention other 1st but there’s no need, we know Atl is great & don’t need validation :)

Game On Bro !   B)
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Atl bashing is nothing new. Keep it coming, we can take it :wink:

Did u page on this noble sack? They only get caught if someone reports them. Avatar runs on most shards so u can’t hold that against us. 

This is totally off topic but had to respond when u trash talk my shard in my thread.

Alt has plenty of trashy peps due to the population but we also have some of the best folks around. The oldest & largest public rune library in the game, set up to help players, started on Atl. I could mention other 1st but there’s no need, we know Atl is great & don’t need validation :)

Game On Bro !   B)
    Dunno why, but this whole contraposition "ATL vs Rest-of-the-Shards" remind me every day more of "The Hunger Games" story arc... :D @Acid_Rain

• SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Atl is the Mos Eisley of UO
    @Ivenor folks always wanna rip the Capital City   :#

@Superfrog can almost hear the bar music every time I log on  ;)