In Game Targeting system is Broken

The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
Since the last patch or maybe the one before the UO targeting system now targets anything and everything without consent basically.  When I run around on my samphire with guildies and one of them throws a EV down the targeting system targets it.  This never happened before, please fix this!!

Comments

• you should add what client you're using.

this has been an issue in the EC for a long time, so I'm guessing you're using CC?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I use just the CC and I do not have this problem so what program has auto target when you are just running around.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    It was not working when The Khaldun event was active.  I think they tried to fix it but it still will target something far away when 3 things are attacking you on the tile next to you.  Adding summons to the mix... ugh
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • which targeting system in the CC are you using? There's the old one and then you can check a box to use the new targeting system.
    Giving as many details as possible will help the devs to reproduce the issue and thus get to the bottom of it. So ideally you should give examples in which situation the system doesn't work (spells? target next? target nearest? attack last target? stuff like that)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Two posts containing personal attacks have been removed. Please post as suggested by @Max_Blackoak , attacking other posters with derogatory names achieves nothing.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    The new targeting system in game in CC using target nearest hostile.  It literally thinks everything is hostile even before it flags to you, Before you had to use open paperdoll to aggro the stuff first, now it flags everything all the time.  Prob happened when they added in the options to block war on friendlys and all that.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    @Bleak @Kyronix , please look into this, I am tired of attacking everyone in my guild by pressing attack nearest hostile!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes I agree please fix soon”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2023
    When the action heats up, the games operating system simply cannot handle the targeting system as written.  UO should just admit this.  I don’t believe this can be fixed.  It works perfectly most of the time when it’s just me and a treasure chest even if I am in a party or with a guild mate.  But at special events when it’s me, a half a dozen other players and a bunch of monsters it’s completely erratic if it works at all.  That tells me the operating system is the problem not the program.  I think in general when the action gets heavy the operating system simply can’t keep up and strange things happen.  UO should just admit this.  Think the only way to fix this is to write a brand new UO game with targeting being one of it’s features.

I use EC and the targeting system has always worked this way for the four years I have been playing.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Arnold7 said:
    When the action heats up, the games operating system simply cannot handle the targeting system as written.  UO should just admit this.  I don’t believe this can be fixed.  It works perfectly most of the time when it’s just me and a treasure chest even if I am in a party or with a guild mate.  But at special events when it’s me, a half a dozen other players and a bunch of monsters it’s completely erratic if it works at all.  That tells me the operating system is the problem not the program.  I think in general when the action gets heavy the operating system simply can’t keep up and strange things happen.  UO should just admit this.  Think the only way to fix this is to write a brand new UO game with targeting being one of it’s features.

I use EC and the targeting system has always worked this way for the four years I have been playing.
    If we can't fix this or other decades old bugs do we need NL ?
    edited May 2023
    " @Arroth_Thaiel there are about 5 of these threads, in one of them you posted that the devs believe this is working as intended as per meet and greet and you managed to succesfully get one of the five locked. Evne though this was disputed at that very same meet and greet.
    If there are 5 seperate threads in this bug forum alone all started from different people over the last 5 years.
    Nobody on any of the 5 threads ever suggested it was working as intended. No dev even made that comment on any of the 5 threads over 5 years.
    Also it is actually not up to the devs to say something is working as intended or they could just say that about every single bug that has been posted, even complete client crashes.

*edited by Rorschach for ToS violations*
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    “Please fix before Rorschach closes thread.

Cc you can’t download it anymore
    https://downloads.eamythic.com/uo/installers/UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe  Is dead link 

I just checked with some guilds, yes they have banned cc because of this bug, how he can claim the big fel guilds have not banned it??”
    edited May 2023
    *edited by Rorschach for ToS violation*

In Reputation System setting

This blocks war on blues

This also blocks war on blues, should not block war on blues as blues are not friendly and blues already blocked by query crim, this should block war on guild/ally members and their followers - even if they are red/grey

"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    “Please fix before Rorschach closes thread.

https://downloads.eamythic.com/uo/installers/UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe  Is dead link 

I just checked with some guilds, yes they have banned cc because of this bug, how he can claim the big fel guilds have not banned it??”
    EC has the same problem but as you hate the CC and would rather use illegal client.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 88
    Yoshi said:
    That is an OUTRIGHT LIE, because the download is fully functional.

Yoshi, stop playing the poor victim all the time, it really sucks.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    edited May 2023
    “Link is working now, was down at time of posting since April 17th.
    proof https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12512/expired-certificate

however that client is still not currently supported in fel (just logged in and checked/confirmed today) so I can’t use and don’t recommend anyone wishing to play in fel use either”
    Yoshi said:
    “Link is working now, was down at time of posting since April 17th.
    proof https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12512/expired-certificate

however that client is still not currently supported in fel (just logged in and checked/confirmed today) so I can’t use and don’t recommend anyone wishing to play in fel use either

ALL LIES!

So you will trade a Tram Castle for my Fel Castle on LS?  Since you say I can not play there on CC.
    edited June 2023
    “You know a solution to make cc work in fel?
    please share
    and don’t call me a liar
    that is discourteous.
    I post proof of everything

but yes I will duel you for your castle, you must use cc in the duel, I will not be, since you say it works no problem (I will be using a bokuto) 
    good luck
    hope you can read those system messages real fast”
    Yoshi said:
    “You know a solution to make cc work in fel?
    please share
    and don’t call me a liar
    that is discourteous.
    I post proof of everything

but yes I will duel you for your castle, you must use cc in the duel, I will not be, since you say it works no problem (I will be using a bokuto) 
    good luck
    hope you can read those system messages real fast”
    Skills>Excuses
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This topic is not open to further discussion
This discussion has been closed.