Please update MyUO

Please update MyUO. It hasn't been updated since 90 days.
Thanks.
  1. Update MyUO36 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Comments

• Please vote ! Please start votings for the stuff you would like to see ingame and let the devs know. Let us finally be one voice  <3 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,119Dev
    There is an outstanding issue with MyUO that can cause shards to crash.  We are working on a solution but do not have a timeline as to when it will be released at this time.  We will update you with more information as soon as we can.
  • Thou shalt not let your king waiting ....   o:)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    How in the world did the official uo forums allow you to pick that username ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited April 2019

Maybe it's really RG.  It's not like he posts a lot.  Hehe.
  • I miss myUO, loved seeing the little crowns next to your GM skills. It was nice being able to search guilds and characters. For RP community it was awesome because you could see all the affiliated guilds through diplomacy ect. 
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have not been able to get info on MY UO for a long time. I also enjoyed using it. I liked finding friends on the game with it.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    It hasn't been available for about 18 months now, I thought it was just Atlantic that had a problem, just cute them loose and let the rest of us use it!  :D
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

Maybe it's really RG.  It's not like he posts a lot.  Hehe.
    Pretty sure RGs grammar is better than that.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    I would love to see MyUO back.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I find it REALLY hard to believe that, after working fine for 15-18 + years just fine, MyUO is NOW causing shards to crash. On the off chance it IS the case, it should be easy enough to fix. Considering it has actually been SEVERAL years since it has worked!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    Hmm it seems that crashing wasn't the only issue according to this Meet and Greet transcript :

[18/06/25][19:23:12] [EM Kincaid]: *waits for his prompt*
    [18/06/25][19:23:21] [Leawyn II]: Hail.
    [18/06/25][19:23:25] [Mesanna]: greetings
    [18/06/25][19:23:34] [Leawyn II]: Welcome back to Siege. I only have one question.
    [18/06/25][19:23:42] [Mesanna]: thank you
    [18/06/25][19:23:48] [Leawyn II]: Will MyUO ever be updated and on track again?
    [18/06/25][19:24:34] [Mesanna]: we have to add a feature to be able to opt out of myuo due to the new laws protecting gamers
    [18/06/25][19:24:49] [Leawyn II]: Ah.
    [18/06/25][19:24:55] [Mesanna]: so until that is done it will not be back up
    [18/06/25][19:25:01] [Leawyn II]: *nods*
    [18/06/25][19:25:04] [Leawyn II]: Ok.
    [18/06/25][19:25:07] [Leawyn II]: I thank thee.
    [18/06/25][19:25:09] [Mesanna]: but yes we do want to see it return
    [18/06/25][19:25:13] [Mesanna]: most welcome
    [18/06/25][19:25:13] [Leawyn II]: Aye.
    [18/06/25][19:25:17] [Leawyn II]: Ciao.
    [18/06/25][19:25:23] [Mesanna]: night

This was quite some time ago as you can see from the date.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    jaytin said:
    Hmm it seems that crashing wasn't the only issue according to this Meet and Greet transcript :

[18/06/25][19:23:12] [EM Kincaid]: *waits for his prompt*
    [18/06/25][19:23:21] [Leawyn II]: Hail.
    [18/06/25][19:23:25] [Mesanna]: greetings
    [18/06/25][19:23:34] [Leawyn II]: Welcome back to Siege. I only have one question.
    [18/06/25][19:23:42] [Mesanna]: thank you
    [18/06/25][19:23:48] [Leawyn II]: Will MyUO ever be updated and on track again?
    [18/06/25][19:24:34] [Mesanna]: we have to add a feature to be able to opt out of myuo due to the new laws protecting gamers
    [18/06/25][19:24:49] [Leawyn II]: Ah.
    [18/06/25][19:24:55] [Mesanna]: so until that is done it will not be back up
    [18/06/25][19:25:01] [Leawyn II]: *nods*
    [18/06/25][19:25:04] [Leawyn II]: Ok.
    [18/06/25][19:25:07] [Leawyn II]: I thank thee.
    [18/06/25][19:25:09] [Mesanna]: but yes we do want to see it return
    [18/06/25][19:25:13] [Mesanna]: most welcome
    [18/06/25][19:25:13] [Leawyn II]: Aye.
    [18/06/25][19:25:17] [Leawyn II]: Ciao.
    [18/06/25][19:25:23] [Mesanna]: night

This was quite some time ago as you can see from the date.

That sounds completely different than, "There is an outstanding issue with MyUO that can cause shards to crash."  :D 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    Well when it was taken down it was because there was a big problem with Atlantic, if I remember rightly, the other reason was given months later when it was still down. I guess it's just not a priority or they forgot about it...
    I'm a bit perplexed though as to how giving anonymous-ish in-game names is breaking any kind of data protection rules, you can't see which real player name or even account name the characters on MyUo belong to...maybe someone else has some insight into this?
    If all that was needed was a toggle to opt out then why has it taken 18 months?

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    jaytin said:
    Well when it was taken down it was because there was a big problem with Atlantic, if I remember rightly, the other reason was given months later when it was still down. I guess it's just not a priority or they forgot about it...
    I'm a bit perplexed though as to how giving anonymous-ish in-game names is breaking any kind of data protection rules, you can't see which real player name or even account name the characters on MyUo belong to...maybe someone else has some insight into this?

Everyone has to judge for himself what Mesanna's word is worth ;)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    In the beginning there was a way to hide our chars stats or something. I am sure they could have coded it to opt out the whole character. We use to have to login to do it.

I think by privacy if they would just take off the ability to see when someone last logged in, that would solve "their" issue. *hint hint* So noone could see the amount of chars active and give away any proprietary number counts which is now of concern.

I would suspect also it would show like half a billion Avatars.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    JollyJade said:
    jaytin said:

However before you judge you should spend a day or week walking in her pumps. I am sure it would not be a cake walk like many think. It is always easy to make snap judgements and be critical of someone even without knowing or experiencing both sides of the equation. Being in charge may be considered to easy to most, but trust me it is never easy when you have someone who is always watching and expecting  so much from you, now multiply that by tens of thousands or more and will start to get an idea of how difficult it is to be a member of the UO Dev Team. With so many crying for attention and thinking they know better that the dev team when most have no idea what it takes to keep the wonderful game up and running for so many years. I hope the Dev Team stay because without them who knows where we would be. There is no other game in my opinion that can compare to Ultima Online. What other game can bost of being the first  MMORP to be truly ground breaking and still be around after 21 years. I am looking forward to the future with Ultima Online. Keep up the Execellent Work Dev Team. *Gives Pom Poms a rest*

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Arron said:
    JollyJade said:
    jaytin said:

However before you judge you should spend a day or week walking in her pumps. I am sure it would not be a cake walk like many think. It is always easy to make snap judgements and be critical of someone even without knowing or experiencing both sides of the equation. Being in charge may be considered to easy to most, but trust me it is never easy when you have someone who is always watching and expecting  so much from you, now multiply that by tens of thousands or more and will start to get an idea of how difficult it is to be a member of the UO Dev Team. With so many crying for attention and thinking they know better that the dev team when most have no idea what it takes to keep the wonderful game up and running for so many years. I hope the Dev Team stay because without them who knows where we would be. There is no other game in my opinion that can compare to Ultima Online. What other game can bost of being the first  MMORP to be truly ground breaking and still be around after 21 years. I am looking forward to the future with Ultima Online. Keep up the Execellent Work Dev Team. *Gives Pom Poms a rest*

A lot of stuff she said never happened n only was red herrings.. you don't have to walk in her shoes to see that.. just play the game for a couple of years..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    The question has been answered. This thread is trending in an unnecessarily negative manner. 

Broadsword is aware that MyUO is not functioning and will update you with information as soon as possible. 
This discussion has been closed.