I rarely see bards anymore...

maybe tamers are the exception. anyone here use a bard?

Comments

• I have many bard characters I play  :)
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I have a 4x 120 real skill bard that I switch around the other 240 points with. With skill bumps on items to make that 240 skill points work for you, you can really let your imagination go.  The bard masteries are your friend.

The most effective in all instances?  No. 

But hands down the most fun to be had in UO.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Where are you looking? Or should that be listening?
    I regularly play my pure bard, she's very welcome as a team player when we do the Shadowguard roof, and though she also needs to do belfry with the group she can solo the other rooms. Provo the summoned spawn, disco all  but virtue bane and run peace masteries to help the team.

She's the character I'm using to do the plunderbeacons; provo for the water creatures, discord masteries for the orc guardians and a summoned daemon running interference.  ( I do wish I'd saved some of the orc slayer instruments I've trashed though)

She can also quite nicely manage the Abyss mini spawns.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I use mine occasionally. Problem is that if you have a small group (2-3) players, most of the time it's more effective to have another DPS guy than a bard. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972

This question proves you don't play many different areas of the game or with others.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Pawain said:

This question proves you don't play many different areas of the game or with others.
    you caught me... 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I have an archer bard that truly is my favorite char. I play my chars episodically so even then...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    IMHO I think they OP opens these types of threads to stir the pot.
  • Bilbo said:
    It's UO, it's our way lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited April 2019
    Bilbo said:
     o:) 

Think the only bard I had stopped around 90ish bard skills. I'm a horrible player  :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Bilbo said:
     >:) 
  • It's a sea of sampires tamers and archers hehe.  I use my bard alot though, mostly alone oddly enough.  4x 120 with 120 necro/ss.  Grab some skele s and go! 
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    My bard used to be my main. Did everything with him. Been sitting idle on a shard I rarely play for the last few years though. I did use him for farming mastery books for the rest of my characters, but abandoned him again when I had what I needed. I guess my samp and tamer are just more fun for me anymore. 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Garg mystic bard ftw. <3 him & fun to play
    105 disco (+15 on ring for 120)
    120 provo
    120 music
    120 focus
    120 mystic
    80  mage (+15 on ring puts me just over the never fail inviso threshold)
    leftover points in meditation 

Mounted speed w/ RC. Provo stuff on each other & Disco w/ RC for clean up. Inviso spam between bard attempts. Pro tip - cast inviso then IMMEDIATELY try to Provo/Disco & if timed right u’ll get ur attempt in b4 the target cursor 4 inviso shows. If u fail roll the mouse wheel back on urself 4 instant life saving inviso. Wait 7 secs - rinse & repeat.

27 MR w/ stat armor for +200 mana using slayer specific instruments & spellbooks makes short work of most everything. Blast to play. Always busy on the keyboard so keeps ur attention. Hella fun :)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    It's a sea of sampires tamers and archers hehe.  I use my bard alot though, mostly alone oddly enough.  4x 120 with 120 necro/ss.  Grab some skele s and go! 
    You don't need to heal them?
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited April 2019
    They’re also boring as hell for me to play. I die more often by falling asleep from lack of having to do anything then any monsters when playing those templates (sampires/tamers) which is why I don’t play them.
  • Sliss said:
    It's a sea of sampires tamers and archers hehe.  I use my bard alot though, mostly alone oddly enough.  4x 120 with 120 necro/ss.  Grab some skele s and go! 
    You don't need to heal them?
    Life leech on undead + bard mastery + provoking and peacing like crazy works #most of the time.  If one takes too much of a beating, I'll get the agro on the other while it heals up.  It's not the best but I have fun with it.  All my characters are thematically necromancers so I'm used to finding ways to make it work.