UO.COM WHY AREN"T WE FIRST.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    And why do I have to go to another site toi get first hand info when it should be here FIRST for your paying customers.  I do not do social media so I guess I am just SOL.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    What is posted on UO.com is automatically fed to the UO Patcher news feed.  Unfortunately our forums do not support an RSS feed directly from UO.com, however there is a direct link via the "HOME" button that will take you directly to UO.com for the latest updates.

Beyond that we utilize Facebook, our Newsletter and now Instagram as a means to reach out to our vast community as a part of our strategy for keeping people interested and engaged in all things UO. 

While you may not utilize social media, I'm sure one of the 2.7 billion users of that and other social media platforms will share it to the forums once that information is released elsewhere.  It's all part of building the community, of which we are grateful everyone is a part of.

Viva Ultima Online!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Bilbo said:
    And why do I have to go to another site toi get first hand info when it should be here FIRST for your paying customers.  I do not do social media so I guess I am just SOL.
    That's a shame, I was going to add you. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:
    What is posted on UO.com is automatically fed to the UO Patcher news feed.  Unfortunately our forums do not support an RSS feed directly from UO.com, however there is a direct link via the "HOME" button that will take you directly to UO.com for the latest updates.

Beyond that we utilize Facebook, our Newsletter and now Instagram as a means to reach out to our vast community as a part of our strategy for keeping people interested and engaged in all things UO. 

While you may not utilize social media, I'm sure one of the 2.7 billion users of that and other social media platforms will share it to the forums once that information is released elsewhere.  It's all part of building the community, of which we are grateful everyone is a part of.

Viva Ultima Online!
    But it says

Want to get an early look at the latest rewards coming to Rising Tide?

Follow @UOHerald on Instagram!In addition to an early peek at new rewards and upcoming art additions, we’ll be sharing all manner of content related to Ultima Online!  Don’t miss out, follow today!

But why should they get the early peek when we are your paying customers here at this forum, sure send it to them but we here at UO Forums should be the first not the third.

And to who ever posts stuff to UO.COM why can"t they post it here also, I mean how hard would that be?

Mervyn said:
    Bilbo said:
    That's a shame, I was going to add you. 

B) 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Kyronix said:

Viva Ultima Online!
    I am not a big social app person myself, but I went to https://twitter.com/UOHerald?lang=en
    and the earliest post I see is from Oct 14, 2016. Is there a setting that will allow the posts on there to be public? This way everyone can at least go visit the twitter feed to see the info posted?

Gidge said:
    Kyronix said:

Viva Ultima Online!
    I am not a big social app person myself, but I went to https://twitter.com/UOHerald?lang=en
    and the earliest post I see is from Oct 14, 2016. Is there a setting that will allow the posts on there to be public? This way everyone can at least go visit the twitter feed to see the info posted?

Looks like the stopped using Twitter or whatever you want to call it.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Bilbo said:
    Gidge said:
    Kyronix said:

Viva Ultima Online!

Looks like the stopped using Twitter or whatever you want to call it.

Oh ha! okay, instagram is not twitter. see what I know? lol

Even there it looks like we can see what is posted Bilbo, so we don't need an account there. And since it has been out already for a while and live, we actually heard the new before they posted to there. So we knew before Instagram did. So we are first. :)

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Who cares where the content is shown first? It will just get reposted here and stratics right away so what does it even matter?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Who cares where the content is shown first?
    The OP  B)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Who cares where the content is shown first? It will just get reposted here and stratics right away so what does it even matter?
    Really show me the two new announcements on here from UO.COM

Want a Sneak Peek at New Rewards? Follow @UOHerald on Instagram!

Upcoming House Display Options

and then go to Stratics and see that they are already talking about them.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You can view the Instagram account on a regular computer also.  
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Bilbo said:

Want a Sneak Peek at New Rewards? Follow @ UOHerald on Instagram!

"Want a sneak peek at the new rewards?" If, and ONLY if they are planning on including some USEFUL "rewards". In my opinion, the LAST thing I need is more cannons, or ANOTHER fraking title. How about some armor, jewelry, weapons, a pet *cough,cough*. You know,  USEFUL stuff! @Kyronix @Bleak
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    KHAN said:
    Bilbo said:

Want a Sneak Peek at New Rewards? Follow @ UOHerald on Instagram!

"Want a sneak peek at the new rewards?" If, and ONLY if they are planning on including some USEFUL "rewards". In my opinion, the LAST thing I need is more cannons, or ANOTHER fraking title. How about some armor, jewelry, weapons, a pet *cough,cough*. You know,  USEFUL stuff! @ Kyronix @ Bleak

This comment should guarantee that whips are the last items and they will cost 1 bazillion doubloons!   :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    KHAN said:
    "Want a sneak peek at the new rewards?" If, and ONLY if they are planning on including some USEFUL "rewards". In my opinion, the LAST thing I need is more cannons, or ANOTHER fraking title. How about some armor, jewelry, weapons, a pet *cough,cough*. You know,  USEFUL stuff! @ Kyronix @ Bleak
    This. The rewards for the month of April is a cannon that does not do anything, a cannon that does the same thing as the cannons we already have, and a title. It's really hard to make myself log in to grind plunderbeacons for useless things. Please add something functional.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Well i'm enjoying it.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Someone Here but be so Sad and miserable IRL, All He does is complain here about the Devs action, never happy with anything, stated many times that "He" want to see this game close. such a negative person, made me wonder why you even play? if you are soooo unhappy?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I"m enjoying the content too, but am equally unthrilled with the reward price/quality/usefullness.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Sliss said:
    KHAN said:
    This. The rewards for the month of April is a cannon that does not do anything, a cannon that does the same thing as the cannons we already have, and a title. It's really hard to make myself log in to grind plunderbeacons for useless things. Please add something functional.
    Exactly! Ya, with the current "rewards" *cough,cough* it's not even worth doing, in my opinion. There is good news though. I can go work on my golf game. FYI, if anyone is curious as to what is coming next month, my guess is on ANOTHER useless title. Let's call it the "cabin boy", and another unneeded cannon. Somebody PM me when we get some USEFUL stuff. I'm fairly disgusted with the event. I guess it's my own fault though, for expecting the term "world wide release" to mean that we could get all the items we actually tested on TC. @Kyronix @Bleak
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    just another thing to do that people will get tired of very quickly. nobody wants to grind for mediocre rewards. LOL Cabin Boy... good one. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Joe the Crabman would love that title
    the cabin boy
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I am totally enjoying the new content. It is different and I look forward to all the new things added every month. I am a bit disappointed in some of the negative comments. I think in my opinion the dev team is doing a great job. Why would anyone want all content to come out at the same time. I like that they are doing stages for content release. As far as the cannons that do nothing it is a deco item. It does not need to do anything but look pretty.Lol. Also the titles would be great for RPG'S. The pvp'ers and pvm'ers can't get everything there are other groups within UO that deserve love too. Basically my point is we should not be so self absorbed that we don't see that everyone deserves to have some content added for their play style, and I believe the dev's are trying to do just that. I know some will still find fault but you all know there are some that will never be happy.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They asked us what we wanted.  I asked for a Pirate hat that could absorb the properties on any hat. I asked for a bad ass Bow. I asked for deco.  I knew they could deliver on the deco.

They took input and made things to fit the event.

I have been having lots of fun with other players.  Great group event.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.