Lighthouse linking - VERY IMPORTANT!!!

I have 3 ships, but only 1 ship would link to my lighthouse.

So - i had GM River finally showing up, and we tried to solve this, but it gave us gray hair...nothing worked. I replaced the lighthouse several times, redeployed the ships, only 1 was linking - the house owner.

Then i got a warning on house owner that linking failed, so I had to click the lighthouse for it to link ships on this acc... that still worked for the owner - 1 ship linked.

I then logged in other toons - and click the lighthouse, and I got system msg that ships would link. I then had to redeply the ship - and it got linked.

So - if you want to link your ship, you HAVE to double click the Lighthouse BEFORE you deploy a ship.

Thanks to GM River this was resolved, without him telling who many was linked - it had been impossible to figure out.

Comments

• MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    In short words - if you want your Lighthouse to work, you HAVE to double click the lighthouse BEFORE deploy a ship... 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Yep always been that way.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    If this is as intended, @Mariah can you correct the wiki please?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2019
    BTW: Any news on the Brit ships supposedly linked to LHs (confirmatiom messages recieved and Runes iussed) but that got lost anyway after even only a couple of days AFK?
    I got the brit ship linked to lighthouse...
    edited March 2019
    Mandrake said:
    I got the brit ship linked to lighthouse...
    Yes, they link, but there are some reports (mine included) that, even if linked to a LH, when they decay because players don't connect for some time, the Brit ships (and other kind of ships too, if I remember correctly) go urecoverbily lost instead of going in the House Moving Crate, as it should be by the main function of the LHs.  The Recall Rune stays back, but if used it gives a "cannot be found message".

The bug have been notified some time ago, but I'm not aware of its correction: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/16380/#Comment_16380

I lost a tokuno ship myself not long ago...but this might be related to that it was not the owner of the house that placed it. 
    - with new msg that it got linked, its easier to know. And GM River was so helpful to try all sort of combinations untill he could read it was 3 ships linked... the process was that each char had to double click the light house before deploy the ship.
    Mandrake said:
    I lost a tokuno ship myself not long ago...but this might be related to that it was not the owner of the house that placed it. 
    - with new msg that it got linked, its easier to know. And GM River was so helpful to try all sort of combinations untill he could read it was 3 ships linked... the process was that each char had to double click the light house before deploy the ship.
    The Brit ship I lost was placed and linked by the same Toon that placed and own both the House and the LH. VERY angry about this, considedred that I paid full price for the ship in the UO Store, and that when lost it had a FULL complement of heavy cannons plus the Hold full of Powder, Balls, anf all the cannons' paraphrenalia... :/
    The title of this thread is clickbait... +1 postcount

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    ???
    Ivenor said:
    ???
    This threads not VERY IMPORTANT. It's a simple lighthouse setup, it's been that way since Day 1 .

Ivenor said:
    ???
    This threads not VERY IMPORTANT. It's a simple lighthouse setup, it's been that way since Day 1 .
    Ah, OK, thanks.
    Maybe the thread is not "Very Important", however there are still the points that the LH doesen't function corretly and/or if the procedure is non followed correctly one can lose a 1000 Sovrs ship, and, as Mervyn noted, the Official Wiki entry deosn't describe the procedure at all.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    For clarification, are you saying that you must double click the light house every time you plan to deploy the boat? dry docking it will break the link?
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Good question @Petra_Fyde
    I had to do this for each of the characters before I deployed the ship, then it got linked.