Odd loot chest on a Pirate Ship

SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
got this today, seems to have 1 of every type of fish steak food item in it.  anyone else gotten one of these?

Comments

• Sir_JermsSir_Jerms Posts: 63
    I have gotten a couple stacks of the dried fish steaks, but nothing like that
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Holy Maceral that's a lot of fish 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That pics doctored, I've never ever ever seen a stack of fish over 50..one of those is 56...fake news.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     :o 
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    How many other hoarding maniacs besides me collect these fish steaks?  But I have collected a lot of them over time and never found over 2-3 types on any one ship.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Raises Hand
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    That pics doctored, I've never ever ever seen a stack of fish over 50..one of those is 56...fake news.
    No Garth, it isn't. 
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I don't know if the image was doctored or not, but I have also never seen fish steaks come in an odd nuber as that. I have hunted lots of pirates and merchant ships and have only seen them in stack of 50 during this rising tide event.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    edited April 2019
    Arron said:
    I don't know if the image was doctored or not, but I have also never seen fish steaks come in an odd nuber as that. I have hunted lots of pirates and merchant ships and have only seen them in stack of 50 during this rising tide event.
    That’s why I titled it “odd loot chest”. The only thing that I can think is that it copied a players hold when it spawned. Whether you believe me or not, this is how the thing spawned, I just reported it to see if anyone else had seen one like it. @Kyronix any idea why one would spawn like this?
  • Got one myself today so it must be a possibility.  this happened on Mugen. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    We've gotten chests like that before.  

I don't normally loot the fish steaks, i did that one though.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Gotten 3-4 like that, they are fairly rare but in CC you open it and all you see is layers of fish steaks ranging from 1 up to 99 being the most ive seen in one stack.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Absolutely legitimate.  I've gotten 2 of those chests, normally it's only a stack of 50. but I got one of those about a year ago and one just 2 days ago.  I believe both of mine had every variety of the rare fish steaks in them.

I have multiples of all of them except for a few very rare, hundreds in fact as you can see by the numbers.

• Got one myself today so it must be a possibility.  this happened on Mugen. 

Violet said:
    We've gotten chests like that before.  

I don't normally loot the fish steaks, i did that one though.
    Tyrath said:
    Gotten 3-4 like that, they are fairly rare but in CC you open it and all you see is layers of fish steaks ranging from 1 up to 99 being the most ive seen in one stack.
    Parnoc said:
    Absolutely legitimate.  I've gotten 2 of those chests, normally it's only a stack of 50. but I got one of those about a year ago and one just 2 days ago.  I believe both of mine had every variety of the rare fish steaks in them.

I have multiples of all of them except for a few very rare, hundreds in fact as you can see by the numbers.

Gosh, I guess it wasn't "Fake News" after all huh? 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2019
    My question though is, what for, all of these "rare" fish steaks ?

Are they good for anything other then taking item count space ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    My question though is, what for, all of these "rare" fish steaks ?

Are they good for anything other then taking item count space ?
    It is unknown what they are used for...
    I personally collect them just so I can have a full set.
    There is 60 different fish steaks that you can get from there.
    I am currently only missing 3.

if they ever do have a purpose, then I want to be prepared.