Is there a to-50 training quest for Tailoring?

In building a new craftsman character, I was surprised to find that there appears to be no newbie training quest for Tailoring.  The maximum I could buy it up to was 30.0 in New Haven, but various tailor guild leaders in other cities let me buy above that. I eventually settled at 32.6.  Is it not curious that Mining, Tinkering, Blacksmithing, and Inscription all offer accelerated skill-gain quests to 50, but Tailoring does not? (I don't believe Carpentry does, either.)

I've known for a long time that not all skills are supported with newbie quests, such as the various barding abilities and Throwing. It just struck me odd that Tailoring was excluded too.  How hard would it be to place a Tailoring Instructor at the tailors, and make the place an accelerated skill gain spot? This is exactly what is done for Tinkering and Inscription.

For now, it would be mest if you are starting a new tailor, give them 49 Tailor skill at time of creation.  The points you lose in Mining, BlackSmithing, or Tinkering can be bought up higher, then quickly trained to 50.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I am not sure, but if there is it would be in the Tailor Shop in New Haven.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TY @Mariah
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Thank you for link and confirmation, Mariah.

I understand that there would be complexities in supporting New Haven accelerated gain quests for taming and barding professions. But for Tailoring and Carpentry, there is likely already infrastructure in place to add two quest givers and associated skill-gain areas.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    Tailoring, especially, needs some love in this regard. You can only buy it up to between 30-33.3 (varies by shard and location), and as Rock notes, it should be easy to rectify. 

I personally feel that the person who designed New Haven initially still had a pre-AoS mindset toward Tailoring, and didn't understand that by 2007, most people were wearing tailor-made armor, and few were using blacksmithed armor. In fact, it wasn't until KR's NPE that the Blacksmith template included 30 Tailoring, and even then for the next few years, only if you created the character in the KR/EC clients. It wasn't until sometime after the EC launch that the Classic Client new character creation went from 3x30 to 4x30 for the standard templates, and included tailoring.

For that matter, with the addition of the other BOD systems, Tailor is now the "odd skill out", with exceptional quality (1/3 chance instead of 1/2) and BOD point systems that works completely different from all the other crafting skills (Exceptional being 100 points instead of 200, and material bonuses being tiny - AND a massive number of BODs that not only give the highest reward, have their point values truncated to 700 from higher amounts). IT needs its system totally overhauled to be in line with the other skills.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Basara, I agree that Tailoring could use some help. My guess concerning the New Haven design is that they just ran out of time, and it had to go live "as is" and incomplete. The designers probably thought, "We'll complete it later." For some reason, that has not happened. I don't know whether the cause would be complex, unmaintainable code, or an executive decision way back when declaring New Haven off limits for further development.

It makes no sense that there would be an accelerated gain quest for Tracking, yet nothing for Tailoring, Carpentry, Throwing, Mysticism, Taming, or the barding skills. It does make sense that there is no accelerated gain for Spellweaving, which is designed as not a skill for newbies. I actually like that there is a skill that one needs to quest to even get. (Remove Trap is another hard to get skill, requiring 50 in both Lockpicking and Detect Hidden before it even becomes an option. Weirdly a low level Magery spell pretty much renders Remove Trap close to useless.)