What Slayer(s) works on Pirate's Captains ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,904
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
Do Repond Slayers work on them ?

The reason for asking, is that here https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/#humanoid I found mentioned : "Not covered by Repond - All Minotaurs are ‘bovine’, Humans and Elves are not ‘humanoid’."

Does that mean that Repond Slayers to not work on Pirates' Captains which are humans ?

Otherwise, if they instead work, do they work for double the damage ?

Any other "lesser" Slayer that would do triple damage to Pirates' Captains that could be used ?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Use one and let us know.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Pawain said:
    Use one and let us know.
    Apparently, Humans are not affected by the Repond Slayer...

But if so, this means that there does not exist a Slayer specifically directed at Human NPCs ?
  • why don't you just try and post your results? Aparently noone else who read this thread tried...
    why don't you just try and post your results? Aparently noone else who read this thread tried...
    I cannot seem to find a Throwing Weapon that carries Repond as a Slayer....

Otherwise, I would have already tried it....

Since, apparently, fencing, swordsmanship, archery and fencing as well as Magery are more easy to be found with the repond slayer on, I thought to ask here.... perhaps someone who has fought Pirates' Captains with any of these skills has already tried with a Repond Weapon/Spellbook and knows whether it works or not ?

I have been doing some searches in the lack of a Throwing weapon with the Repond Slayer, and UOGuide, for example, metions here http://www.uoguide.com/Repond_Slayer

"Though powerful against humanoid-type creatures and beings, this slayer has no effect when fighting other Players."

That said, even if Repond Slayers do not work against players, that would not necessarily mean that Ultima Online Developers did not make them work against "NPCs" humans, included Pirates' Captains.... I just do not know....

As I said in the OP, though, I started being sceptical after I read on  https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/#humanoid as found mentioned : "Not covered by Repond - All Minotaurs are ‘bovine’, Humans and Elves are not ‘humanoid’."

So, the bottom line question of my OP remains.... does a Slayer bonus exist in Ultima Online which would affect (increase) damage done to Human NPCs and, namely, to "human" NPCs Pirates' Captains ?

Perhaps, Broadsword could have then be subject to an "Orc Slayer" given that they Captain a Ship of Orcs ?

Anyways, having myself the difficulty to find Throwing weapons with Slayers, that's the reason that prompt me to come to the Forums and ask to fellow players who, perhaps, may have tried already with some other combat Skills Slayer weapons or Spellbooks with a Slayer on these "human" Pirates' Captains.
  • Arrrrghhhhh! I'll be watching out for ye maties!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    to the best of my knowledge, no, slayers do not work on pirate captains. To confirm this use a character with animal lore. If the message received is 'that is not an animal', then no slayer will work on it. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I will tell you this much, my Repond slayer dbl axe does more damage to Dread Pirates than my non slayer axe does.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    To confirm this use a character with animal lore. If the message received is 'that is not an animal', then no slayer will work on it. 
    I don’t think this is true
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

I will tell you this much, my Repond slayer dbl axe does more damage to Dread Pirates than my non slayer axe does.
    Well, then it either is a Bug or Dread Pirate Captains are not considered "humans" ?

Everyone is saying that Repond Slayer does "not" work on "humans"....

So, if it works it is cool, but I wonder if it is intended or not....
    edited March 2019
    Ive killed a bazillion Crazy Mages. My repond slayer does more damage than non slayer bow.
    I believe ya.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    If Repond slayer weapons work on dread pirates the devs need to fix slayer instruments, as they do not do more damage using disco masteries.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Repond slayers do not work on Humans, they work on Humanoids.  They do not work on the Dread Pirates.  I have used a Repond Slayer and do not get double damage.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    Repond slayers do not work on Humans, they work on Humanoids.  They do not work on the Dread Pirates.  I have used a Repond Slayer and do not get double damage.
    Please don't tell me what I know works, doesnt. I didn't say anything about double damage, I said my Repond Slayer axe does more damage against a dread pirate than my non one does. I have 220 built orc ships and another 300 parts in containers, over 2000 fire cannonballs blah blah blah, I think I may know what I'm talking about.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Garth, before you jump down his throat. Maybe you should specify the following:
    the mods and damage type of the non repond slayer axe you use, the mods and damage type of the repond slayer axe you use. The rough average damage output of the two. Any other relevant info. 

Rather than your orc ship and cannonball stock count. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited March 2019
    All my bows are the same.  The slayer takes the HLD spot.  I can switch bows and see the damage is higher with a slayer on the mage.  It also should not have a slayer according to UO.  I see the white or yellow slayer graphic when it hits( i forget which color).  The graphic would tell you if a slayer is working.

I use a pet on Dread Pirates while I loot.  The bow I use at sea is an Orc Slayer. It gets me cargo from lighthouse every time.

edited March 2019
    Well, from doing further searches I bumped into this page http://www.uoguide.com/Dread_Pirate

It says under "SLAYER VULNERABILITY" --> NONE.

So, how are some players saying that they have been doing more Damage using a Repond Slayer on Dread Pirate Captains ?

The description is quite empty, though, there is no information whatsoever on the stats of Dread Pirates.... it is not even know on what resistance they are weakest... nothing, total blank....

The only one thing mentioned is that no Slayer works on them....

Would Animal Lore on them work to get all of those informations ?

Or not ?

I assume it does not work on Dread Pirates or, in many Years, these informations would by now be all known already....
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    popps said:
    Well, from doing further searches I bumped into this page http://www.uoguide.com/Dread_Pirate

So, how are some players saying that they have been doing more Damage using a Repond Slayer on Dread Pirate Captains ?

The description is quite empty, though, there is no information whatsoever on the stats of Dread Pirates.... it is not even know on what resistance they are weakest... nothing, total blank....

Or not ?

I assume it does not work on Dread Pirates or, in many Years, these informations would by now be all known already....
    There is no info since the Pirates are human and cannot be checked with animal lore. The only way we would know anything about them is if a dev or other person that can get the info posts it somewhere. As far as slayer vulnerability, they’re pretty vulnerable to my scrolled out poison fire beetle  :D
    Superfrog said:
    popps said:

Or not ?

There is no info since the Pirates are human and cannot be checked with animal lore. The only way we would know anything about them is if a dev or other person that can get the info posts it somewhere. As far as slayer vulnerability, they’re pretty vulnerable to my scrolled out poison fire beetle  :D

Beat me too it.  I use my Pirate slayer Beetle.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited March 2019
    deleted