is "Eat Me" an acceptable guild title? Can I get a CS person or Dev to weigh in?

FatFat Posts: 97
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
Title says it all

Comments

• SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    With the pet nerf it should be more like "nibble me".  Other then that I don't see how it's possible for pets to eat you anymore.
  • *laughs*.... UO.....
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    No worse than FYOU :)
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 486
    Word... I've seen a lot worse in a lot of popular MMOs.  UO was pretty heavy on names for a long time a very long time ago.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited March 2018
    I wish everyone had RP names and RPed and all that. But that was long ago. Even long ago it wasn't widely embraced. I think it's more of a "We don't really like it but we're not going to throw away any subscribers" thing these days. Personally I tend to avoid people with "1337 names" not buy from them, or charge them 25% more if they want something I got lol. But as far as debating someone over a name is just useless wear and tear on my keyboard. I would love to know what has to be bad enough for BS to actually make a move and do something. I know the bar is super low these days and I wonder if anything would actually tip the scale. I'm thinking blatantly racist *might* do it but I'm not even positive about that.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Fat said:
    Title says it all
    LOL!!! Dunno, but maybe "B.S." is... :D

CAVEAT: ***NO*** disrespect implied... ;)

I.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2018
    Fat said:
    Title says it all
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    you might get away with it but the first time someone pages on you and ref. the urban dictionary then please do not come here and say something about it.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Personally I don't have a problem with it at all.  Perhaps the guild founder is a fan of Alice in Wonderland, published 1865. See the bottom of first paragraph in Wiki's Synopsis.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited March 2018
    Hey I don’t mind.  If they can let someone name their char kotex and tampax and its considered okay your name is fine. In 16 years that is tame compared to some I have seen.  In fact I had a new neighbor named Ben Dover.  No I did not page. I groaned at 6th grade humor and facepalmed.  
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Hey Luc, nice parrot
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    I'd Say if you have to ask, you already know the answer.  All it will take is a GM or a Dev to take offence....   I am a fan of alice and the tiny cakes in underland...
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    I remember back when GM's roamed around the servers during peak hours (this was 2002) and I created a character named "Bluntznbichz."  Within less than 20 minutes, was sent to GM Jail with a forced name change.

My new name was John.  lol

So I concur.  If there is a GM present, and they find it not polite, they will probably do something lol.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • Is BS selling name change tokens? If they do expect the hammer to drop ;)

• If this is what you're worried about, things must be good.It's a guild tag that you only see if you highlight the person. If it offends you, don't highlight it.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i think your fine.  theres some pretty disgusting sexually derogatory names out there that have remained unchanged for years.

"Eat Me" is pretty tame compared to whats allowed overall.  Name away!  on a side note, i do find UOs non-strict naming policies rather refreshing, even tho at times it may not be my personal taste, id rather see a name i dont like once in a while than eliminate those freedoms all together.
  • Is BS selling name change tokens? If they do expect the hammer to drop ;)

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542

Hey I don’t mind.  If they can let someone name their char kotex and tampax and its considered okay your name is fine. In 16 years that is tame compared to some I have seen.  In fact I had a new neighbor named Ben Dover.  No I did not page. I groaned at 6th grade humor and facepalmed.  

You must do a lot of face palming when you visit me :)
  • Well more like Head shaking and face palming all while LMAO.
    Tyrath said:

You must do a lot of face palming when you visit me :)
    More like head shaking, face palming all while LMAOing.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    This guild name is only acceptable if your characters name is Oliver Klawsoff  :D
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    edited March 2018