incorrect (evasion) timer messages post publish 104

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
on publish 104,
The cooldown for evasion was supposed to start from end of spell, however what the patch has done is just increased the cooldown:

Evasion, warcry, and whispering,  when you try to cast the spell when the spell is already under effect you'll just get the standard message:
"You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again."
Expected result:
Should read:
"This spell is already in effect." like it does with spellweaving spells. (Then after the spell is not in effect to give the message "You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again.")

Also with Attunement and Gift of renewal, after the spell is no longer in effect but during the cooldown we receive a message "You must wait before trying again." can you please change this to
"You must wait x seconds before you can use this ability again."

This error was pointed out to Bleak during test phase however somehow slipped through the net and is now on live shards. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Whispering40 ManaThe animal tamer attempts to guide their pet on the path of skill gain, increasing the pet’s skill gains based on the tamer’s animal taming skill, animal lore skill, and mastery level. This ability functions similarly to a scroll of alacrity. Unhides the caster

Cooldown: 30 Minutes

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Bilbo, you have confirmed there is an error in the cooldown on whispering starting from activation instead of end of effect. As at 120 lore/taming level 3 mastery you have a 30 minute cooldown from activation. Although your source is uoguide.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    In most games the cool down starts from activation, not the end. 
    edited March 2019
    yes but Greg, they just changed bushido cooldown to start from end of spell not from activation, in the publish 104...
    But they didn't correct the system messages. So I expect in a year or so, someone will complain that the evasion timer is still starting from activation, because all they have done is increased the timer..

Ofcourse effectively it's the same thing, just bad system messages.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    I proved how misguided you truly are a cooldown time is put in place to ensure that you can not use a spell/ability/etc for a given amount of time and it matters didly squat at when the timer is started just as long as the end result is there like the Whisper, the Devs only wanted it usable every 30 min and guess what it functions exactly the way they wanted it to and by doing so requires less code.  Maybe you should look at other games because if this really bothers you, which I doubt very much, you would go nuts in other games.  IMHO the only reason you are even doing this is trying to prove something about the DEVs when in reality really makes you look like the donkeys ass.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Mervyn said:
    yes but Greg, they just changed bushido cooldown to start from end of spell not from activation, in the publish 104...
    But they didn't correct the system messages. So I expect in a year or so, someone will complain that the evasion timer is still starting from activation, because all they have done is increased the timer..

Ofcourse effectively it's the same thing, just bad system messages.
    That is ridiculous then. Carry on. 
    I should have put this into context:

"Resolved issue with Bushido Evasion cooldown not correctly starting at the end of the ability."

• DrkravenDrkraven Posts: 10
    Not trying to be a jerk here @Mervyn but from reading these forums I really wonder why you choose to play this game considering how many things bother YOU.
    I am actually just performing a public service, in a year or so's time there may be many arguments about these spells not starting from activation, and they might accidentally increase the timer again, and then again. Probably better for them to just do it correctly and save themselves more work in the long run, and have some pride in their work rather than doing botch jobs.

Mervyn said:
    I am actually just performing a public service, in a year or so's time there may be many arguments about these spells not starting from activation, and they might accidentally increase the timer again, and then again. Probably better for them to just do it correctly and save themselves more work in the long run, and have some pride in their work rather than doing botch jobs.
    Your post like so many reaks of hubris and self gratification.  Who are you to conclude that the developers will make such mistakes?  What insight do you have that allowed you to make such condescending statements?  I'm sorry mervyn but your explanation just demonstrates that maybe, just maybe this game isn't for you anymore.
    did i just kill you in game?

Mervyn said:
    did i just kill you in game?
    I couldn't beat a sampire with a billion gold pvp suit so if you had it wouldn't be much of an accomplishment I'm afraid.  What I'm trying to say is maybe you should do a little more self reflection in regards to how and what you complain about.
    I haven't made any complaints. I'm just providing info that people provide to me.