Pub 104 - Rising Tide Event

Comments

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Gidge said:

Not sure if this is intended? Can the plunderbeacons have some distance between them a bit?

I could have taken them out, starting with the top left, then bottom then center. I passed them by. Lot of spawn though! :D
    Oh, look! It's a plunderbeacon squadron!
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I was describing them as H's or I's, but thanks to your squadron, thusly I will call them a TIE/LN starfighter or just TIE. :D

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     :D 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2019
    @Kyronix

Bug with cannons.  If a player tries to prep the cannon and does not have a ramrod the cannon stops working until that player gets a Ramrod and Preps it. Another player cant prep it.

Confused us for a while because we took some others out.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

Bug with cannons.  If a player tries to prep the cannon and does not have a ramrod the cannon stops working until that player gets a Ramrod and Preps it. Another player cant prep it.

Did the other player have the gump open already or did they dbl click the cannon to take over operation?  Did the player without a ramrod close the gump before the other player tried?
    Kyronix said:
    Did the other player have the gump open already or did they dbl click the cannon to take over operation?  Did the player without a ramrod close the gump before the other player tried?
    We have a few times had one person prep and another fire. Both people having the menu open. Not sure why it went haywire on that round. I will test again, but I think we both were trying to prep and since they didn't have a ramrod it would stop the process and would not even let me prep even after emptying it, closing, opening and filling it.
    After I skuttled this boat, I can stand where the X is from my boat and board the one pictured by using the rope circled, but I can't use either front rope to board back to my boat from any spot. I normally go to the side to board or finish off a ship, but just didn't on this one.
  • LordSolorLordSolor Posts: 13
    I want to like this but Just reading this thread is depressing. I have no desire to fish or haul around resources or repair boats or fire cannons at NPCs. Looks like the same buggy mess. 

Is there any worthwhile new PvM content planned? Sounds like a big no. Best stuff will still come from Roof, so why would I want to do any of this? Can anyone answer that? 

No new champ spawn? Is there any PvP or Felucca native content or any new reason for players to engage in PvP? 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Kyronix said:
    Would be a great name for a Pirate Shanty Bard Group - "The Fuse Chords" playing a tavern near you!

Thanks for the report!
    This didn't get corrected on worldwide release
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Kyronix said: u8
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

The second time.
    I walked away from the cannon with it prepped and closed gumps. They came up and fired it. Then they tried to prep it with no ram rod. They did not mention they got a message.  We then opened Gump and tried to prep it. The cannon would not do anything.  They then said they had no ramrod. I gave them mine and they could use the cannon.

So to reproduce. Have a person with no ramrod try to prime a cannon. 
    That should halt the cannon operation for others. 

Thanks

I'm out of town till Sunday so have fun while I can't cause any uo troubles.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited March 2019
    I think this is the problem, from the publish notes:
    Only 1 player may participate in preparing the cannon for firing.

That's not correct. If gidge is prepping and I click prep, it starts over.

I have left the cannon Gump open many times and watched it cycle while she preps and fires.

Ill check it on Sunday by using a toon without a ramrod.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    The cannon still firing after orc crew is gone and no drop of mythical cargo is still a known issue, yes? Still happening.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited March 2019
    Mariah said:

What this is meaning is that if 2 players have the gump up they cant use it individually since its just one cannon, as Pawain said if someone starts prepping while its getting prepped its starts from scratch.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Chrille said:
    Mariah said:

What this is meaning is that if 2 players have the gump up they cant use it individually since its just one cannon, as Pawain said if someone starts prepping while its getting prepped its starts from scratch.
    on Sonoma I prepped it & my husband fired it
    I am sure this goes with the one ship turning into a house. This one lost an orc, and would not let me see the ship mast stat. I didn't know it was on the server line. On the south boarder of Tokuno, the line is there on the radar, but on the north side, the server line is not there on the radar. (classic client)
    The ship could be skuttled, and as you can see. boarded and could kill the pirate, but opening the hull was a corpse box instead of hull, and could not remove the contents and I am as far back as it would let me go on the ship. server line is to the north. (top right)

And is this a BIG BRIT SHIP? Now that I am looking, I see the 2 spots for things. hmm!

And one more oddity, I had a first time rider on my boat and oddly he said that after shooting at beacon, he not only got the obligatory Mythical Crate, he also got a powder, a fuse and cannon ball. Anyone else get that?

After much thought though I giggled and then...

I do think that when he double clicked the cannon and the little gump opened, he didn't notice it during all the excitement and that was all that was left and thought that was from the beacon. :D

But I thought before I brought it up to him, I would check.  :)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Gidge said:
    And one more oddity, I had a first time rider on my boat and oddly he said that after shooting at beacon, he not only got the obligatory Mythical Crate, he also got a powder, a fuse and cannon ball. Anyone else get that?

I do think that when he double clicked the cannon and the little gump opened, he didn't notice it during all the excitement and that was all that was left and thought that was from the beacon. :D

I haven't seen that, but with the first beacon I did with my husband, he got two Mythic crates
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned a bunch of times before...

I wish we had a UO macro for using the ship's wheel. In a Tokuno ship, if you're manning the cannon at the bow and sailing south you can't see the ship's wheel. Last object is not a good way to go when you're working bandages and the cannon as well. Assigning a key for the ship's wheel specifically would be very helpful.
    Gidge said:

He hit prep after the cannon was loaded or he unloaded the cannon. I've done that.
    Oh is that why I keep getting the odd ingredient, I thought it was a reward also lol 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

@Pawain and @Mervyn

Thank you guys. :)

I set some nice simple UOassit macros for the front cannon so I don't have to stop steering the boat. One for open cannon hit prep, then open cannon hit fire. If you use macros Meryvn (which if I remember reading right you have UOassit? ) It is a great help.

edited March 2019
    Please Please can you make it so you can only steer the ship by operating the wheel if you're actually stood on the tile infront of the wheel, because people can currently steer ship, cast spells, and operate cannon together already, but make it still possible to give commands to the tillerman by not being next to the wheel. Same on small boats, should only be able to command the vessell with the mouse if you're on the tile infront of the awe.

Being able to use the wheel from 10 tiles away is stupid and encourages solo play.

You cannot operate cannon from afar, why should you be able to operate wheel?

Mervyn said:
    Please Please can you make it so you can only steer the ship by operating the wheel if you're actually stood on the tile infront of the wheel, because people can currently steer ship, cast spells, and operate cannon together already, but make it still possible to give commands to the tillerman by not being next to the wheel. Same on small boats, should only be able to command the vessell with the mouse if you're on the tile infront of the awe.

Being able to use the wheel from 10 tiles away is stupid and encourages solo play.

You cannot operate cannon from afar, why should you be able to operate wheel?
    I do this while NOT playing solo. I want kills tooo!!!!

*throws barnacles at you*

edited March 2019
    ^

Few things, 

firstly, you don’t have to be at the wheel for the whole fight cos the ship you’re attacking stops after a certain amount of damage so you can get a canon blast or two in. Plus plunderbeacon is stationary.

secondly, you can still shoot arrows/cast spells/all kill when operating the wheel

thirdly: if you’re with a group, surely u are all splitting the cargo betwixed you anyway? Or do you all have a selfish mad rush for the cargo hold and whoever loots fastest wins??

Also, you can switch turns on who is at the wheel.

edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    ^

Few things, 

firstly, you don’t have to be at the wheel for the whole fight cos the ship you’re attacking stops after a certain amount of damage so you can get a canon blast or two in. Plus plunderbeacon is stationary.

secondly, you can still shoot arrows/cast spells/all kill when operating the wheel

thirdly: if you’re with a group, surely u are all splitting the cargo betwixed you anyway? Or do you all have a selfish mad rush for the cargo hold and whoever loots fastest wins??

Firstly, the way we do things works well.
    Secondly, the way we do thing works well.
    Thirdly?, the way we do things works well.

Oh and if someone else wants to drive, they are welcome to, but... the way we do things works well.
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    ^

Few things, 

Theres 5 of us right now!  We like to play in groups.

Some of us have game friends. Some dont.
    temp.bmp 170.1K
    Gidge said:
    @ Pawain and @ Mervyn

Thank you guys. :)

I set some nice simple UOassit macros for the front cannon so I don't have to stop steering the boat. One for open cannon hit prep, then open cannon hit fire. If you use macros Meryvn (which if I remember reading right you have UOassit? ) It is a great help.

Never thought of this! Great idea. I put the ship's wheel on UOA. Big help for me.
    edited March 2019
    Surprise Surprise, anytime you suggest ANYTHING that would make the game slightly more challenging, people argue about it...
    Pathetic.

cannon has range, wheel should have range, you cannot argue with that.

if nothing else it looks dumb

They just reduced the challenge of this so it WOULD be more of a joy to play, and overall everyone seems to actually be out and about enjoying themselves. You do realize that correct? Now granted we do have the cargo, but to be honest, they didn't have to change the way things were done. They asked us and we gave opinions. Many went to test and spent time over there. They gave great info like anyone could have. I came in on the very tail end and gave what I could am still am. This isn't about me/us against you. This is about resurrecting smoothing, streamlining. Making Joy.  You've had since October 12, 2010 to fuss about driving and shooting a cannon. I post about using a macro for it and you want to change it.