Ship Runes and the Runic Atlas

FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
I've been using a runic atlas on my fisher for a few days now, and have been having some issues.

I'm using charges, and the Recall (Charge) option to recall to her Tokuno ship. Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it uses the mana, but says I need more reagents to use this spell.

I just had it happen several times in a row, and then it suddenly started working again. I think this has also happened in the last few days, but as I wasn't paying full attention, I likely assumed I'd hit the wrong option. But this time I know for a fact I used the Charge option, as I attempted it repeatedly.

Comments

• CisseroCissero Posts: 22
    I am having the same issue.  I have no Magery/Chicalry in my Character so I have to use charges in runebooks.  However if I select Charge it says “more reagents are needed”, if I select Spell it just fizzles.  It works fine in my own runebooks in my pack, but not on an atlas.  Also, none of my Guild mates can recall to my boat rune. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    This is apparently an inconvenience of design only. Just carry more reagents..
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Mervyn said:
    This is apparently an inconvenience of design only. Just carry more reagents..
    I fail to see the point in trolling my posts, but go ahead and bring it back up from the depths. Doing me a service, really.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    oh so you posting that on my thread is okay but I copy paste and post on yours and it’s trolling, right okay. 

The irony since you’re all for copy/pasting.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Your complaint is how the game was obviously designed from the start. Mine, considering ship runes work with the old rulebook, but not with the atlas, is clearly a proper bug as it's not working in line with how rune books are meant to work.
    @Kyronix

Considering this year is dedicated to High Seas and this is related to the ship runes, could this possibly be looked at to be fixed in one of the upcoming publishes?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Yes, this is something we can investigate.  I have submitted it to our bug tracking, thanks for the report.
    Thanks  :)
  • @Kyronix
    I know it's been only five years, but did you guys have a chance to investigate it? It's really annoying.