Spell casting in guard zone discrepancies

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
Both clients

with magery area spells earthquake, chain lightning, and meteor swarm, all spells i believe are working correctly, you cannot cast the spells in the guard zone, and with meteor swarm and chain lighting if you cast the spells outside the guardzone and then move into a guardzone and release the spell, you correctly receive a message "You cannot cast this in town"

However with nether cyclone, hail storm, wildfire, wither, holy light and thunderstorm, you're able to cast the spells in the town, with targeted spells nether cyclone, hailstorm, and wildfire if you target the floor in a guardzone you correctly receive a message "you cannot cast this in town", however if you target a mobile in the town, the spell will release.

Also a very strange curiosity with curse spell, if you cast curse on any object (EG an object in your backpack) you will be flagged as criminal regardless of whether or not you have "query before performing criminal actions" checked, and doing so in a guardzone will result in guards being able to be called on you.
Interestingly (and i use the term loosely) different spell schools have different rules on casting on objects, magery spells will cast (as you lose mana), necromancy spells will give you a cliloc that you cannot curse that and you generally (but not always) don't lose your target and are able to target something else. Spellweaving, chivalry, and mysticism loses the target but doesn't lose mana.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    RE curse bug, well worth the 1 mill in bug bounty. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002