Rising Tide so far only has Ship to Ship combat ? No Fishing new content/improvements ?

I was hoping very much to see some new life to fishing be given within the Rising Tide but so far, at least that I can understand, there is only new Ship to Ship combat.... nothing that I can see that would bring some new life to Fishing....

For example, I would have loved to see, as new Fishing content, something that would have made reaching and being a Legendary Fisherman more usefull and nice....

Something like, for example, some new life and interesting content for Legendary Fishermen that could see the Legendary Fish :

- Abyssal Dragonfish
- Black Marlin
- Blue Marlin
- Dungeon Pike
- Giant Samurai Fish
- Golden Tuna
- Kingfish
- Lantern Fish
- Rainbow Fish
- Seeker Fish
- Spring Dragonfish
- Stone Fish
- Winter Dragonfish
- Zombie Fish

Be made possible to yield more then just a Trophy....

For example, the Developers could make these Fish be made possible to be cut in steaks and pies or other eatables to be made from them (more work for Cooking and other Skills, for example Alchemy if drinks could be made from them distilling the juice from the steaks....) which were to provide good and longer lasting BUFFS for characters and also for pets..... of course, being Legendary "rare" Fish hard to be caught and requiring a Legendary 120 Fisherman skill, they should be significant Buffs for quite lengthy times....

I think that such an addition would provide some usefullness for Legendary Fishermen to fish them up, for Chefs or Alchemists and perhaps other skills, to prepare those pies, drinks etc. and then for Warriors to benefit from those buffs !!

As of now, instead, unfortunately, Legendary fish once made into a Trophy, its game over...

How many same Trophies does one need of a given type of Legendary fish ??

Playing a Legendary Fisherman is currently very, but VERY limited in its usefullness, to my viewing.... I was MUCH hoping that Rising Tide would have been the perfect chance to see something new and nice be done to Fishing as far as new content and to being a Lgendary Fisherman most importantly...

Comments

• AerodiceAerodice Posts: 9
    The biggest problem I see with legendary fish is there is no reason to collect more legendary fish once you've caught that whopper and mounted it. The hardest fish to catch don't cut into useful steaks, and they are smaller than the ones you have mounted. Nobody wants to keep that 20 pound legendary fish. 

I agree with popps about allowing us to make new fish pies with exotic bonuses for legendary fish (perhaps with less cut up steaks and higher fail rates from cooking). Buffs that currently don't exist in game to make them unique and sought after. Unique bonuses like the monster stealable consumables that were released ages ago.

Also, for legendary fish, why not have a system similar to the huntmaster's challenge? Players could buy permits from the floating emporium and submit their largest fish for the month, which would get displayed in a building at the floating emporium. Players with the largest fish in each category would get points at the end of the month, which they can claim for additional rewards (suggestions below). 

- Fishing mastery scroll
    - Sea serpent hooks
    - Additional bait for the oracle of the sea (Scylla boss maybe?)
    - Add the magical fish finder to the rewards list
    - Acid proof hooks/lobster traps to fish in palace of parox for new fish and other goodies
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Aerodice said:
    Also, for legendary fish, why not have a system similar to the huntmaster's challenge? Players could buy permits from the floating emporium and submit their largest fish for the month, which would get displayed in a building at the floating emporium. Players with the largest fish in each category would get points at the end of the month, which they can claim for additional rewards (suggestions below). 

- Fishing mastery scroll
    - Sea serpent hooks
    - Acid proof hooks/lobster traps to fish in palace of parox for new fish and other goodies
    I like this idea

fishing tackle box (holds fish baits)
    pirates flag in deed form, so you can place on your ship
    reward title: Pirate of the High Seas
    tattered sash (looks tattered & says "I survived the High Seas"
    reward title: Largest Catch
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Aerodice said:

- Fishing mastery scroll
    - Sea serpent hooks
    I like this idea

fishing tackle box (holds fish baits)
    pirates flag in deed form, so you can place on your ship
    reward title: Pirate of the High Seas
    tattered sash (looks tattered & says "I survived the High Seas"
    reward title: Largest Catch
    While I also like the idea, I would hope that, for reaching 120 "LEGENDARY" Fisherman status, with all that this involves and mean (not discounting the difficulties of actually being able, one way or the other, to get a 120 Fishing Powerscroll to eat...), content of a more "PRACTICAL" usefullness other then mere "eye candy" would be accessable and available....

That is why I mentioned as one possibility, the introduction of the ability to cut up in steaks Legendary fish and use those steaks for pies, beverages, oils perhaps made by other crafters like cooks and alchemists if not also others, which would provide usefull buffs that last longer etc. etc. etc.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Well, in all fairness, those fish that don't make into steaks DO work for cleanup points and very nice numbers for them also, depending on their weight.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited March 2019
    publish 104 is an event, Rising Tide - however High Seas is the basic focus for the whole of the year, if I've read the newsletters right.  
    publish 105 would appear, from what @kyronix has posted, to be looking at treasure hunting and mibs.  Maybe fishing will also be looked at in 105 as we get closer to it and 104 is world wide?  Or maybe fishing will come in to 106?

Things I would bring up for a fishing revamp would be:
    • a cut off point beyond which quests no longer gave the books - you don't need those once you get past something like 2 line quests?
    • a look at lava traps - I've never yet successfully managed to use those.
    • more chance to get the items to summon Charybdis - I've used, and sold, several 120 fishing scrolls, done rather a lot of quests, but never yet gotten the oracle of the seas
    • look at the charybdis encounter as a whole, is there a way to make it more accessible?
    • This one is a 'wish list' and may not be possible, but I'd love to have a sea-born giant moongate that would allow me to take my boat between Trammel, Felucca and Tokuno without dry docking it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    A big vortex that will act as that gate.   A change for a large sea monster on the other side once a day for you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AerodiceAerodice Posts: 9
    I would like to see a change made to the order of the dragonfish books. Here's an idea: 

- Instead of dropping plain books, you would get a page as a reward that can be used to fill a fisherman's tome (kind of like filling a spellbook with scrolls). When you open the book, you could scroll through the pages to see a picture of the fish as well as its description, habitat and maybe even a counter to see how many you've caught as well as your smallest and highest record (the book would just read your counter, so trading/selling wouldn't be an issue, much like how tithing is tied to your character). This would allow fishermen to work the fishing quests to complete their tomes. 

- Pages also provide charges (1 page = 1 charge), that can be accessed in the book to give you a fish bait multiplier that would increase the effectiveness of using bait for that particular fish (for a limited amount of time, maybe 15-30 minutes). This would create an additional consumable that's still useful if you already collected that page for your fishing tome. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Aerodice said:
    I would like to see a change made to the order of the dragonfish books. Here's an idea: 

- Instead of dropping plain books, you would get a page as a reward that can be used to fill a fisherman's tome (kind of like filling a spellbook with scrolls). When you open the book, you could scroll through the pages to see a picture of the fish as well as its description, habitat and maybe even a counter to see how many you've caught as well as your smallest and highest record (the book would just read your counter, so trading/selling wouldn't be an issue, much like how tithing is tied to your character). This would allow fishermen to work the fishing quests to complete their tomes. 

- Pages also provide charges (1 page = 1 charge), that can be accessed in the book to give you a fish bait multiplier that would increase the effectiveness of using bait for that particular fish (for a limited amount of time, maybe 15-30 minutes). This would create an additional consumable that's still useful if you already collected that page for your fishing tome. 
    The one issue that I have with the order of the dragonfish books, is their utter uselessness once one has gotten one copy of each.

Through doing Fishmongers' Quests I have gotten so many of these Books that I stopped counting them....

What for if I cannot use them for anything usefull ?

Yet, every single Book that I got as a Quest Reward cost me fish, crabs, lobsters which in turn cost me playing time to fish up....

And all that time for a Book which I cannot do anything with ?

At the very least they should be possible to be turned in for LOTS of clean up Britannia points, considered how much resources and invested time they cost to get....