Clothing/Armor alteration

Will we ever be able to re-alter items like Tangles, Wings, Crimsons.. etc etc?? It's really unfortunate to never be able to use item drops once they've been altered.

Maybe someone could enlighten me if there was a specific reason behind not being able to re-alter items?

Thanks!

Comments

• following!
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I don't no if we're talking about the exact same thing, because I'm not sure what you mean about it being unfortunate that you can't use item drops once they've been altered. I've never done this. Do you mean altering an item so it fits a gargoyle but not being able to bring it back to its original form? It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a tailor would be able to alter the item again.

At any rate, just yesterday I was talking about how I can't make my character look very cute in her rogue-y clothes choices. And that I wished there were other clothing options that offered the same attributes as things like the Cloak of Shadows or the Royal Guards Investigator's Cloak. I was literally going to post a thread this morning about Tailor Alterations but went with talking about rogue skills instead.

I'd love for my character to look a little more cat burglar and a little less Uncle Fester. Let tailors make significant alterations. Free us from hiding our faces all the time with our hooded robes! Let a tailor alter the Cloak of Shadows, turning it into a sleek jumpsuit or into a decent looking tunic. Turn a cloak into a jacket. Turn a bandana into a mask. Shadow leggings into a sleeker pair of pants or a skirt; something that doesn't look like I'm wearing knee pads. I want to look like a burglar not someone who's laying down a tile floor. 

If the items being altered take up the same slot as the original item I don't see how it would create an imbalance. 

I don't want to hijack your thread here, Freelsy. So if my thoughts on tailoring alterations aren't in line with what you're talking about please let me know. I'd totally understand and remove this post and start a different thread another time. 

• FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    I should have articulated my point a little better. I play on Siege Perilous where your account can only have one character. I currently have 3 active accounts, but they're Human/Human/Elf. Unless I want to open a new account, that's my only option for using altered gear. It just limits our options. I feel there should be a way to alter gear back to it's original form, or alter gargoyle  items to their Human/Elf version.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I am happy with the way it currently works.
    Reason being, it creates more demand for the items, if you can't just switch them between races.

Also, once you enhance an item, you can't revert it or enhance it with something else. So why should you be able to do this with alteration?

Let us look at it in terms of reality also. The human version seems to have more material and you cut it up to fit a gargoyle, So you end up with less material so the process is irreversible.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    I am happy with the way it currently works.
    Reason being, it creates more demand for the items, if you can't just switch them between races.

Also, once you enhance an item, you can't revert it or enhance it with something else. So why should you be able to do this with alteration?

Let us look at it in terms of reality also. The human version seems to have more material and you cut it up to fit a gargoyle, So you end up with less material so the process is irreversible.
    Thanks for the clarification, Freelsy. That's what I thought you meant but wasn't 100% sure.

Makes it tough for the more casual players though, Mervyn. I would think. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Well, if they did add the ability to alter back from garg to human I wouldn’t protest. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

I hear ya.  :0)