Publish 99 Release 2 Comes to TC1

edited March 2018 in Dev Feed
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the second TC1 release of Publish 99 will be available for testing on TC1 by 3pm ET March 14, 2018.  Publish 99 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 to check out the latest update which includes Endless Journey restrictions, new Ultima Store Items, and Miscellaneous Updates.  Please note that some features will not be available on TC1, check the notes for full release details.   As always, we look forward to your feedback. Also, if you haven’t already please signup for the […]

Comments

• To re-summarise what I posted on Stratics.

The EJ concept, and the game entry ideas and quest organisation look ok to me, it will hopefully do what it is intended to do.

Happy the Devs listened re Invis/Teleport items.

I personally won't go on test centre, as it's not my thing, always happy to wait to see what happens in-game, and reading about stuff. I don't have a tester mentality, just like playing the game, so good luck with the implementation, and attracting new players

As a veteran, I don't think it will impact me so much, so I'll wait for all this to happen, and hope in a future publish, VvV, rogues, crafted items, pure mages, pure warriors, get the same sort of love, tamers, sampires, and new players have received/are receiving

• I love the starter pack, that will help out a whole bunch of new or returning players. 
    Well done.  o:)

• Having just started a new character on a new server with nothing, I can say that the pack would defeat weeks of fun for me.
  • I have some questions about the starter pack.  @Kyronix ; @Bleak

1. The alacrity that's a week long, is it a specific skill or any skill?

2. Is this strictly for new players or can anyone get it from the store?

3. If party is allowed to gain bonus of alacrity, can any skill be gained or just a specific one?

4.  Can that alacrity be combined with haven quests or existing alacrity scrolls?

If these questions cant be answered then I can see lots of abuse in the future.  Just FYI

• Some EJ things I see that don't really make sense.

1)I thought the skill cap was changed years ago to immediately give everyone 720 skill points?

2) Why can't EJ rent a vendor?

3) Can't use commodity deeds?

4) Can go to fel spawns but can't start them, protect players or get any sort of reward for doing them. Why even go then?

5) Can't use Test Center? I think UO needs all the willing testers it can get.

• Urge said:

Some EJ things I see that don't really make sense.

1)I thought the skill cap was changed years ago to immediately give everyone 720 skill points?

4) Can go to fel spawns but can't start them, protect players or get any sort of reward for doing them. Why even go then?

1. I think you are correct
    2. Scripter/Fodder accounts do not need them
    3. Commodity deeds are used in your bank box or a deed box and it looks like they will not be able to use them.
    4. Fodder accounts don't need to collect anything when the person controlling them will get the stuff anyway.
    5. Do not know
  • edited March 2018
    Feigr said:
    Having just started a new character on a new server with nothing, I can say that the pack would defeat weeks of fun for me.

Players do not have to purchase it, if they want the full experience. UO has rather a LOT of grind in it, and reducing that grind will make it much more enjoyable for some one just starting out. Boring repetition and carpel tunnel is not the same as challenge and fun to most folks. So even if EJ does not pay a subscription fee, they can still contribute to the well being of UO with their store purchase(s).

Urge said:

Some EJ things I see that don't really make sense.

#3 Might have something to do with storage. There is  no mention of restrictions for Gothic/Rustic packs, so it seems they can set up a NM stall (unless that counts as a vendor?). It'd be hard to use that stall to store resources if they cannot redeem com deeds. Seems they can also place and board ships, and presumably use the hold, since there is no mention of restrictions for High Seas. But again, not easily for resources. It seems fair to allow full access to an account upgrade that is paid for. However, I can see 1 player setting up a bunch of ships just for storage by using multiple EJ accounts. (Except on Siege, cuz those ships would be quickly pillaged ... but we're evidently being left out of the EJ fun anyway.)

I think #4 is to prevent EJ from being used to farm power scrolls. However, an EJ PvPer would still enjoy raiding the hunt just for the fun of it, and could also loot the scrolls afterwards if successfully timed right. An EJ PvM / PvPer could still enjoy helping their subscribed guild mates and friends, even if they personally don't have a chance for a drop. Many guilds roll on the drops afterwards anyway.
  • Just tested ships. An EJ account with High Seas cannot place a ship, but they can board one and use the hold. They can even drydock it, if they are made captain - but cannot place it back on the water. So an EJ can use a ship for storage, but they need a subscribed account to place it for them.